Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Celebrity Will You Miss The Most?
Ed McMahon 13 8.33%
Michael Jackson 63 40.38%
Farrah Fawcet-Majors 25 16.03%
None Of These People Will Be Missed 15 9.62%
All Of These People Will Be Missed 40 25.64%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:23 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Michael Jackson clearly had mental issues, the least of which was that he was obsessed with children, and also the fact that he wanted to be White.

His physical transformation over two decades was astounding. He went from a dark ebony skin tone to an almost alibaster white. He completely altered (and disfigured) his nose, and had his lips reduced in size. He wore makeup and a wig to make him look more feminine and more Caucasian.

He also "acquired" children who were clearly Caucasian and not at all Black; therefore, quite obviously they were not his own biological offspring.

How the Black community can continue to idolize a Black man who would so blatantly shun everything about himself that was Black (making himself look as Caucasian as possible, and only having Caucasian children)...I'll never understand.

Michael Jackson was an affront to all Black people, and he was probably (although this hasn't been proven) a pedophile.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into some hero worship thread, because I just don't get the sentiments.

I can see what you're saying, however, he's a part of our childhood memories, people who grew up with him and his music will always remember Michael as he was "back in the day", for his entertaining value. What he has done to himself is beyond normal behavior, and while it's a sad picture, we still remember him for what he was and what he accomplished. I don't know if his weirdness will ever overshadow his talent as an artist, and his fans will always be his fans.
I am one of them.

RIP MJ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Definitely Michael. Regardless of all the innuendo and oddities, he was an amazing talent, and made a tremendous impression on my musical tastes. I doubt anyone will ever be quite the legend he is.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 PM

473 posts, read 1,517,691 times
This has really been a horrible day. Farrah and Michael will always symbolize youth, energy, and stardom. I am having such a hard time with Michael, though. Just doesn't seem possible. There's only a 3-year age difference, and I feel as though I've lost a friend I grew up with.

I wish both families - the Jacksons, the O'Neals and everyone who loved them both - much peace. And let's hope the paparazzi can just leave you alone for awhile....

Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,788 times
Quote:

He also "acquired" children who were clearly Caucasian and not at all Black; therefore, quite obviously they were not his own biological offspring.

How the Black community can continue to idolize a Black man who would so blatantly shun everything about himself that was Black (making himself look as Caucasian as possible, and only having Caucasian children)...I'll never understand.

Michael Jackson was an affront to all Black people, and he was probably (although this hasn't been proven) a pedophile.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into some hero worship thread, because I just don't get the sentiments.
Even if he had some kind of warped desire to be white, why should I as a black woman shun him? I don't share those sentiments, I am very comfortable in my brown skin. I won't berate the man for falling victim to some sort of racial fantasy. In this country and many others, being caucasian is the beauty standard. Some people who are not caucasian spend their time and money trying to be something they were not born to be. I'm not going to beat the guy up for it.

His music and talent surpass any personal desire he had. That is his legacy and that is what I focus on.

Plus most of his siblings have that affliction. Janet, LaToya, and few of his brothers. From the awful nosejobs to the lighter skin. In fact a few years ago I remember seeing a picture of his brothers and their children and wives. Most of MJ's nieces and nephews were of mixed race. Seems to me like mommy or daddy did not include self-love in their child-rearing activities.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,788 times
Quote:
Awe, Ed had a zero next to his name, so I voted for him.
Poor Ed. I That was nice of you.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,983,385 times
By the way, her name hasn't been "Majors" for a very long time.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:33 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,440 times
Michael Jackson He was the BEST EVER!!!!! King Of Pop indeed..... I will truly miss him, his music and his dancing skills

Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
Awe, Ed had a zero next to his name, so I voted for him.

ZONA ~~~ Me, too. Besides , I used to love to watch the Johnny Carson show when I was younger. They were so sophisticated to me.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-25-2009, 08:21 PM

486 posts, read 983,941 times
Whether or not Michael Jackson had mental problems or not what this thread is about. It's about remembering people, who will be missed most for one reason or the other. To me Michael Jackson is the most unexpected and I'll miss him the most. He's a worldwide Icon. He's our modern day Elvis. Love him or hate him you have to know he had a way of staying on the spotlight and definitely the 'King of Pop'.
So much that my mom, who doesn't follow any celebrities was the one who told me about his death. She couldn't believe it and felt compelled to ask me to look it up online to make sure it was true! It's also wrong to speak ill of the dead, can we stay on topic and let their families mourn in peace? RIP Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcet.

Quote:
Michael Jackson clearly had mental issues, the least of which was that he was obsessed with children, and also the fact that he wanted to be White.

His physical transformation over two decades was astounding. He went from a dark ebony skin tone to an almost alibaster white. He completely altered (and disfigured) his nose, and had his lips reduced in size. He wore makeup and a wig to make him look more feminine and more Caucasian.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:26 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Of course it will be Micheal Jackson's death.

Now REGARDLESS of what you believe he did in his personal life, he's still an icon because of the impact he had on the music industry and pop culture.

He will be missed.... especially by comedians.

Ed and Farrah will definatley be missed as well.

We've lost THREE icons in two days...... how sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities