U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which Celebrity Will You Miss The Most?
Ed McMahon 13 8.39%
Michael Jackson 62 40.00%
Farrah Fawcet-Majors 25 16.13%
None Of These People Will Be Missed 15 9.68%
All Of These People Will Be Missed 40 25.81%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:59 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,883,864 times

Advertisements

So far this has not been a good week for Hollywood. We have lost 3 stars. We lost Ed McMahon who was part of life for over 30 years as the co star of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
We lost Farrah Faucett-Majors who was a big star in the 70s and who still holds the posters sold record.
Today we lost Michael Jackson who entertained and amused us for many years and who still holds the title of the best selling album with Thriller. Which one will you miss the most?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,554,701 times
Michael Jackson by far had the biggest impact out of the 3 by a mile. Most popular pop/R&B singers today were strongly influenced by him. His music is awesome and EVERYONE likes it whether they admit it or not. Jackson is prob. one of, if not the biggest single entertainer in history. The worldwide sympathy his death will recieve will show his incredible legacy.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:04 PM

16,009 posts, read 26,199,406 times
Farrah's death is sad, poignant and inspiring (her courage).

Ed's was to be expected and he was with us every night for 30 years - then did more.

Micheal Jackson's is like Elvis, Diana and Marilyn Monroe - it will have the most impact.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 PM

1,998 posts, read 2,722,561 times
All of these people will be missed but I grew up with Michael Jackson's music and Farrah's series, so I guess it's a major impact for me.

They are resting now.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 PM

7,129 posts, read 13,850,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Farrah's death is sad, poignant and inspiring (her courage).

Ed's was to be expected and he was with us every night for 30 years - then did more.

Micheal Jackson's is like Elvis, Diana and Marilyn Monroe - it will have the most impact.
I was never a huge Farrah fan but when the media did what they did to her during her illness, my heart went out to her. The cancer story was very hard/painful to watch. Farrah gets my vote, although I wasn't surprised. I've wondered if she would have done other treatment if she'd be here today. We will never know. Now the world will watch her son to see if he joins her or straightens out. I hope he straightens out.

Michael, I'm not convinced it wasn't suicide...
He was going to be touring, him going in the hospital would have made good publicity for said tour. He's been hurting financially; I don't know.
I feel for his children, I don't doubt there will be a huge custody fight between his family and the birth mother. I don't doubt we'll see a repeat of Anna Nicole with a DNA test being asked for.

Ed, yeah, more expected due to age.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:06 PM

4,538 posts, read 5,690,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
... I don't doubt there will be a huge custody fight between his family and the birth mother. I don't doubt we'll see a repeat of Anna Nicole with a DNA test being asked for...
I doubt those whiter than white children have any familial connection with Mr. Jackson...

Old 06-25-2009, 07:09 PM

1,628 posts, read 2,548,718 times
Didn't the birth mom sign away her rights or did she just not want to be involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
I doubt those whiter than white children have any familial connection with Mr. Jackson...
If his name is on their birth certificate, that is all that really matter to the courts. In their eyes he is their father- DNA or not.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:18 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,310,075 times
Michael Jackson clearly had mental issues, the least of which was that he was obsessed with children, and also the fact that he wanted to be White.

His physical transformation over two decades was astounding. He went from a dark ebony skin tone to an almost alibaster white. He completely altered (and disfigured) his nose, and had his lips reduced in size. He wore makeup and a wig to make him look more feminine and more Caucasian.

He also "acquired" children who were clearly Caucasian and not at all Black; therefore, quite obviously they were not his own biological offspring.

How the Black community can continue to idolize a Black man who would so blatantly shun everything about himself that was Black (making himself look as Caucasian as possible, and only having Caucasian children)...I'll never understand.

Michael Jackson was an affront to all Black people, and he was probably (although this hasn't been proven) a pedophile.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into some hero worship thread, because I just don't get the sentiments.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:21 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,042 posts, read 7,955,858 times
Michael will have the biggest impact out of the 3 that died, I think.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 PM

11,276 posts, read 9,722,809 times
Awe, Ed had a zero next to his name, so I voted for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities