U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-25-2009, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 856 times

Advertisements

I just heard it on the news here in Dallas Tx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540_804 View Post
Insane!

Its on all the news sites.
They say he wasn't breathing when he arrived.
I hope he pulls through...
I'll go pull some links..brb

Old 06-25-2009, 07:10 PM

12,180 posts, read 11,059,713 times
Michael Jackson has no match. He was the Beethoven of Pop. His music was incredible and we are blessed to have it to listen to. His performances were heaven-sent. I will venture to say that if you are a person who cannot relate to MJ's music, then something is wrong with you.

I'm still stunned. Hard to imagine that we no longer have this very, very rare talent among us any longer.

YouTube - Smooth Criminal (Live 1992 Dangerous Tour) - Michael Jackson

Old 06-25-2009, 07:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 14,089,715 times
Every one is dropping dead!

Old 06-25-2009, 07:16 PM

1,628 posts, read 2,543,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I had the fortunate honor of seeing the Triumph Tour, 1981. I was 13, my sis was 17 and cousin 16. To this day, it was the greatest show I've EVER seen. We got floor level tix from my mother's company at the time, Herman's World of Sporting Goods (corporate connections with a now defunct company are great, huh?).

Anyone who saw Mike live got a treat!

Another Mike story. I saw people in my neighborhood throw Thriller parties. And there were many! Someone would throw a party and put on Thriller and nothing else. Thriller was huge!!!!!!! I mean be beyond huge!!!!!!

As for Off The Wall 3 years earlier, it only sold 10 million units!!!!!!! Anyway, I remember in my neighborhood, when Rock With You came on the radio. Every girl and woman went completely insane!!!!!!!!!! I've NEVER, to this day, seen a record (and there have been many!) have that much power over the female persuasion!!!!!!!!

I saw someone compare Mike to Ellington. I agree! Mike is surely missed.

I was 3 years old at the height of Thriller. I don't remember my birthday party but in the pictures I was wearing 3 MJ pins on my sweater. I had not one, but 2 Micheal dolls (one in the red leather jacket and the other in a silver jacket).

One of the attendees wore the red leather zipper jacket. My parents and their friends were huge MJ fans. I remember my mom putting on his records and everyone dancing and trying to copy the moves.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:16 PM

4,551 posts, read 6,417,757 times
Oh poor guy. This is sad

Old 06-25-2009, 07:18 PM

2,689 posts, read 4,506,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Every one is dropping dead!

Noooo... you're still posting!

Loved his music.... not so much his personal life. But I'll leave all the tacky comments about that to the posters that feel the need to "express themselves" inappropriately at a time like this.

Carry on.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,307,910 times
Michael Jackson clearly had mental issues, the least of which was that he was obsessed with children, and also the fact that he wanted to be White.

His physical transformation over two decades was astounding. He went from a dark ebony skin tone to an almost alibaster white. He completely altered (and disfigured) his nose, and had his lips reduced in size. He wore makeup and a wig to make him look more feminine and more Caucasian.

He also "acquired" children who were clearly Caucasian and not at all Black; therefore, quite obviously they were not his own biological offspring.

How the Black community can continue to idolize a Black man who would so blatantly shun everything about himself that was Black (making himself look as Caucasian as possible, and only having Caucasian children)...I'll never understand.

Michael Jackson was an affront to all Black people, and he was probably (although this hasn't been proven) a pedophile.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into some hero worship thread, because I just don't get the sentiments.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 PM

7,246 posts, read 6,550,800 times
RIP. Sad day.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,833,593 times
I loved the Wiz! Made a photo album of it and I did sport the red jacket and the glove. Had the pleasure of meeting him twice. He was a fabulous entertainer. Who didn't do the moon walk or tried to? It is very sad that he didn't get over whatever it was that was troubling him all of these years. It also saddens me because one of his sistern laws worked for my mother and she died suddenly too (brain anerisim so his death reminds me of when she died). He was hard to like and hard to dislike (Larry King) and I agree.

Farrah, I remember all that hair! We all wanted it. I wanted to be angel too. I've seen Ryan O'Neal in person a couple of years ago and I thought he looked good at his age. At least her family was able to prepare for her departure.

Never can say good bye...

This goes to show you that death comes to us all no one is immune. So enjoy your life, have a will, get life insurance, see the world.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:28 PM

14,594 posts, read 12,551,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The guy was possibly the greatest entertainer ever, he was a little weird as money makes people and he caught a lot of flak for it.

RIP MJ.
He was a lot weird, even by entertainment industry standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.