U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 PM

12,156 posts, read 10,674,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I took my kids to see Michael in concert when he played in at Mile High Stadium in Denver. I think it was 1983. Looking back on it, my kids were spoiled rotten. We were pretty wealthy then, and they had whatever they wanted and travelled extensively in a private aircraft, etc., etc. Yet I never really knew how they felt about their childhood until I was reading a term paper my son wrote his senior year in high school in 1987. He talked about going to the Michael Jackson Concert, and how he sat there watching him and thinking how lucky he was to be one of the "few" to see him live in concert. That was it. After 17 years of pampering and exotic travels (for kids), the highlight of his life was seeing Michael Jackson live -- with about 50,000 other fans.

We don't know what he may have done with kids. He stood trial and was found not guilty, so that's good enough for me. Yes, he was a strange cookie, but that's true of most geniuses -- which he was without question. He was the Elvis and the Beatles of his generation. Terribly troubled, greatly gifted, misunderstood, and untrusting. His music will live on for generations.

Rest in peace, Michael.
Great post - I wanted to rep you but they wouldn't allow it

Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 PM

46 posts, read 66,744 times
can't quite wrap my mind around this -- watching the coverage on msnbc and everytime they go to commericials, they are playing his songs. some i haven't heard in the looongest time. every last one of them is a classic jam.

from a young age michael jackson was a talent and genius. and from a young age he was never allowed a moment of peace. and i hope and truly believe he will find it now.

prayers and blessings go out to his family.

RIP Michael

Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,092,259 times
RIP Michael.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:10 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,420,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I took my kids to see Michael in concert when he played at Mile High Stadium in Denver. I think it was 1983. Looking back on it, my kids were spoiled rotten. We were pretty wealthy then, and they had whatever they wanted and travelled extensively in a private aircraft, etc., etc. Yet I never really knew how they felt about their childhood until I was reading a term paper my son wrote his senior year in high school in 1987. He talked about going to the Michael Jackson Concert, and how he sat there watching him and thinking how lucky he was to be one of the "few" to see him live in concert. That was it. After 17 years of pampering and exotic travels (for kids), the highlight of his life was seeing Michael Jackson live -- with about 50,000 other fans.

We don't know what he may have done with kids. He stood trial and was found not guilty, so that's good enough for me. Yes, he was a strange cookie, but that's true of most geniuses -- which he was without question. He was the Elvis and the Beatles of his generation. Terribly troubled, greatly gifted, misunderstood, and untrusting. His music will live on for generations.

Rest in peace, Michael.
Thank you for this exceptional post. You have a beautiful way with words.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 PM

343 posts, read 381,032 times
Like some other people here, I didn't like the choices he made in life. The way he lived his later life OUTSIDE of the entertainment scene just doesn't sit right with me. Never has. It was all sorts of strange and weird and stuff.

HOWEVER...

WITHIN the entertainment/music scene, he was...a god. And I am willing to overlook his daily life, hell, I'm willing to throw it out altogether. I was a fan. I'm STILL a fan. Have been ever since I heard Thriller. The man was an absolute musical phenom. His music is indescribable; He's our generations' Elvis, for crying out loud. All you people who hate him cannot see past his personal life, and that makes me sad. Embrace the music, and you will fall in love. Do what I did. Overlook his personal life. That doesn't matter. his MUSIC matters....and it STILL matters.

He will be missed....RIP MJ...

Old 06-25-2009, 10:29 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,785,340 times
Some of you people are just very insensitive. But knew some of you would be that way. Michael was very talented without a doubt. You can't take his accomplishments away from him. There were allegations which were never proven and I would question the behavior of parents first and for most. I don't know what he did and didn't do and we will never know. If any man hurt my kids I would not take money but would make sure they are behind bars so not to hurt someone else. I think he was just very troubled and very lonley which may have made him weird to outsiders. Strongly doubt that he hurt those kids especially given the type of family he came from.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:31 PM

539 posts, read 802,194 times
I hope everyone around him finds peace. There will be many secrets revealed, books written and a
huge nonstop circus is about to begin. I can't imagine where those poor kids, will end up.

Their mother sold away her parental rights and Michael made it well known that he hated his own father
I just hope they find a more normal home. One that doesn't serve Jesus Juice.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 PM

17,309 posts, read 13,827,559 times
As hard as it is what makes him more important than the people killed on the trolley or in an alley today? Seriously? What makes him so important that we lose out on the other 15 thousand that died today across the World? Where are their mourners? Their air time?

RIP MJ and the other 15k across our planet.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 PM

5,378 posts, read 11,865,819 times
too young.... I wonder what is going to happen to his kids now?

Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 PM

23 posts, read 36,437 times
Michael was one of the Greatest Entertainers of all time and definitely the least understood.
Michael was Not a child molester. His seeming obsession with kids, particularly young boys was because he wanted to Be one. He was Robbed of his childhood. At the age of five his Father had him and his brothers working Full Time, Studying and Rehearsing and Performing.
Michael's childhood passed him by. He was deeply saddened by this. He had a hole inside of him that nothing could ever fill.
This is the kind of loss few people will ever expreience or understand.
His friendship with these young boys was genuine. He never harmed a one in any way.
He was always trying to get back the childhood he never had, He tried to live his childhood through them. That is the real tragedy of Michael Jackson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.