U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2009, 05:37 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,522,349 times
Michael would be nothing without Quincy Jones. DISAGREE! Again, the man has been making music since he was 5 why do people forget this? Michael also produced and wrote a lot of his music and perfected his craft in his time. That is genius. There are too many people that are one hit wonders. They make a great song or have a top album one year but where are they? The next records they make would be lucky to reach the top 100. They lacked what he and others that came before him, TALENT! Micheal's brothers and sisters also tried to make albulms and had the same resources as he did but couldn't pull it off with the exception of Janet. Michael also created his own hype/self promotion which paid off at first and ended up hurting his career in the states for the last decade at least.

Yes he had surgeries but so have many people, he just went overboard. You think these entertainers are born looking perfect? NOPE! Beyonce has had one too many nose jobs and Lil Kim well I've already went over this. As far as him altering his appearance to be more feminine well I guess it was just the times. Prince use to speak in a high pitched voice and use to wear lots more make-up then he does now and wore lots of female clothing (his lingerie use to crack me up). Bret Michaels still wears make up as does the members of KISS and don't get me started on David Bowie.

Michael was different no doubt about it. Talented YES! Otherwise, the internet would not have crashed. People would not be admiring him from the USA to Africa, to the Filipines, to Europe.

I am proud that he brought so much recognition to world hunger and did so much for young African American youth. He did.

Most people don't know who he is as a person. Again, he was not a child molestor. Don't know why when someone dies people loose sight of the importance of life. Why do the most negatives things have to be spoken about even the things made up as rumor and or hear. So not sure why that is so important to be drilled home. Entertainers shouldn't be idolized. But when you need a laugh or are having a bad day most people look towards entertainment to get through whatever is happening at that moment. They do things most of us just can't and is why they are viewed to be special.

Anyways, I like to remember the positive if there is any of any person when they pass.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:43 PM

Progshred, in plenty of other countries heck even in this country brothers and sisters have known to share a bed (3-4 to one bed). I am a grown woman but I love to curl up with my parents when I get a chance. I always hold and kiss my fathers hand and will do so for as long as I can. For parents to share a bed with their kids NOTHING wrong with it. I wouldn't want my kids to share the bed or spend the night over other people's house but that is just me. It is not unusual for the kids to sleep with their parents up to even 12. I've known people to do this. Get the purversion out of your brain.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:51 PM

Michael was a trip though, what other man (black man) do you know will show up to court in PJ's one day, late, and on another day have a huge crowd and get up on top of the car (in this case a limo) and act like he was at a concert? Man I am going to miss you Mike!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:01 PM

18,301 posts, read 14,455,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Michael was a trip though, what other man (black man) do you know will show up to court in PJ's one day, late, and on another day have a huge crowd and get up on top of the car (in this case a limo) and act like he was at a concert? Man I am going to miss you Mike!
Quite frankly, I don't know any other man who would do that, nor want to. Then again, there's always Tom Cruise jumping up and down on Oprah's couch. Perhaps the operative word here is "man."

Old 06-27-2009, 06:06 PM

Michael was a man. The Tom Cruise incident was too funny! Michael, constantly did something crazy/different/entertaining and it was expected no matter where he was at. No black man ever makes it to court late not even Snoop. Just Mike, I am sorry but I crack up every time they show that clip.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:40 PM

11,494 posts, read 10,039,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
BOLDED:Well said. He was never convicted of the charges and we all know how celebrities can be extorted. If they are true, God and only God will be his judge and jury. His musical legacy IS undeniable. RIP in heaven, Michael, because you sure didn't get it the last 10-15 years here on earth.
He certainly didn't get it. Good post. The man was extraordinary, and this was evident at an early age. He talents were simply unmatched and he stands alone.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 PM

47,287 posts, read 37,282,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Michael would be nothing without Quincy Jones. DISAGREE! Again, the man has been making music since he was 5 why do people forget this? Michael also produced and wrote a lot of his music and perfected his craft in his time. That is genius. There are too many people that are one hit wonders. They make a great song or have a top album one year but where are they? The next records they make would be lucky to reach the top 100. They lacked what he and others that came before him, TALENT! Micheal's brothers and sisters also tried to make albulms and had the same resources as he did but couldn't pull it off with the exception of Janet. Michael also created his own hype/self promotion which paid off at first and ended up hurting his career in the states for the last decade at least.

Yes he had surgeries but so have many people, he just went overboard. You think these entertainers are born looking perfect? NOPE! Beyonce has had one too many nose jobs and Lil Kim well I've already went over this. As far as him altering his appearance to be more feminine well I guess it was just the times. Prince use to speak in a high pitched voice and use to wear lots more make-up then he does now and wore lots of female clothing (his lingerie use to crack me up). Bret Michaels still wears make up as does the members of KISS and don't get me started on David Bowie.

Michael was different no doubt about it. Talented YES! Otherwise, the internet would not have crashed. People would not be admiring him from the USA to Africa, to the Filipines, to Europe.

I am proud that he brought so much recognition to world hunger and did so much for young African American youth. He did.

Most people don't know who he is as a person. Again, he was not a child molestor. Don't know why when someone dies people loose sight of the importance of life. Why do the most negatives things have to be spoken about even the things made up as rumor and or hear. So not sure why that is so important to be drilled home. Entertainers shouldn't be idolized. But when you need a laugh or are having a bad day most people look towards entertainment to get through whatever is happening at that moment. They do things most of us just can't and is why they are viewed to be special.

Anyways, I like to remember the positive if there is any of any person when they pass.
Remembering the positive is a great way to remember anyone, but to put someone on a pedistal is something else. Was he a child molester? You say no, but how do you know other than what you want to believe? Are you going to say OJ was innocent because he wasn't found guilty?

You are right, most people do not know who he was as a person, neither do you?

A great entertainer? Of course, a great human, we have no idea, but you are closing your eyes and brain to many things about him. He wasn't a little different, he was strange..he didn't have a little plastic surgery, he went way overboard. His wonderful upbringing you mentioned earlier has been pretty much disavowed.

Nita

Old 06-27-2009, 07:40 PM

5,191 posts, read 3,464,357 times
He was super-sensitive and commented a number of times on how much these nasty accusations and comments hurt him. Imagine his torment - no wonder he wanted to be around children.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 PM

742 posts, read 678,951 times
RIP Michael - mind you I've posted this sentiment in several message boards now!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Nita, I have met him twice (no that does not make me an expert on MJ). Met Lisa Marie Presley too although she did not introduce herself as Lisa. I know some of his siblings so maybe I am speaking a bit from what I know. I did not know him personally but can say that many allegations are just that for money hungry people who know they will get paid before the court day actually happens. Again, it is VERY obvious to me that when some one takes money when a serious allegations is made it is VERY concerning and which makes me believe that it is not true. I know many celebrities that were told they are the father of a child, or that they raped someone they never met, and it goes on and on and they pay these people and the allegation usually goes away. Why can't you see that there are money hungry people that try to get close to these celebs only to take advantage of them?

It bothers me that certain people compare him to OJ. I think it is a bit racisit. Apples and Organges. What evidence was there that he moelested these kids? None. The police search that place upside down twice and nothing. Usually a molestor leaves something behind. If they had enough evidence they would have tried him anyways. But nothing. Isn't it in this country you are ginnocent unless found guilty? I guess it doesn't matter when you are tried in the public opinion? I think his eccentric lifestyle was what was tried.

I'm not closing my brain and think that you might be a bit closed minded and judgemental. I recognize him for the artist he was, the rest I choose not to dwell on or act like I know. From the family members I know that type of behavior which the media honed on for so many years I doubt was who he was. What I do know of celebrities mainly the ones from his time is that they always had to come up with gimicks if you will, to promote themselves so the more weird and the more strange the more media attention they got. Some people don't mind what attention they get as long as they get it. Just look at Britney. A lot of times the media and sometimes a celebrity's management wants the public to have a perception of an entertainer, like who they are dating, what they like and don't, if they are gay or not, a lot of it is just made up. So most of the general public really no little about these people and they have you see what they want you to. I've known who is gay in Hollywood long before it was breaking news. Haven't you always wondered why Jennifer Aniston speaks out about her x-husband around the time of a new movie release. It is done because "they" know that it will yield interest in her. I'm sure she is over him by now but that is not what "they" want you to believe.

Anyways, I loved and can appreciate his art.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.