U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2009, 09:12 PM

5,555 posts, read 3,945,524 times
Those that want to believe he was perverted will. It gives them some sort of thrill. His close friends -- Marlon Brando, Miko Brando, Elizabeth Taylor, Quincy Jones - and others we've heard from lately knew him better than we. I defer to their judgment, not the media's.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:30 PM

3,108 posts, read 928,056 times
Umm so those who start 50 topics about him are fine, but those who started one about not being fans of his gets removed. Got to love those in power putting their lips to the majority's butt.

Moderator cut: If you have any problems or questions, send me a private direct message.

Last edited by 2goldens; 06-28-2009 at 04:37 PM..

Old 06-27-2009, 09:31 PM

Hope God judges you for what you have done in life.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:40 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,526,205 times
How do you know that he is a child molester? Everyone that calls him that never backs it up. Those that say he was not a great artist that will not be remembered again can not back it up or face the fact that he was an entertainer with talent that surpasses the people that are out here today.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
How do you know that he is a child molester? Everyone that calls him that never backs it up. Those that say he was not a great artist that will not be remembered again can not back it up or face the fact that he was an entertainer with talent that surpasses the people that are out here today.

If you didn't do anything wrong don't pay them in a settlement. I hear well it was to save money, if he was so hurt for money how could he live in a mansion that cost 100K a month???? Don't pay them if you didn't do the crime.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:43 PM

10,239 posts, read 6,462,948 times

YouTube - The Jacksons Five - Enjoy Yourself

YouTube - The Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)

VINTAGE MICHAEL!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 09:46 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,526,205 times
Packersnut21, why did the parents take the money? Because they wanted it and because he did not do it. If someone touched my child they would be in jail and I would take them for all they have in civil court. That did not happen. They wanted the $$.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:08 PM

12,153 posts, read 10,043,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Hope God judges you for what you have done in life.
If you believe in God than you should also believe that He is the only one with the right to do so.

Heard on my local news that all the MJ CD's have been sold out. I hope people are buying them because they love the music not because they think they'll be some monetary value. My mom still has all the Jackson 5 albums.

YouTube - The Jacksons Variety Show 1977 "Never Can Say Goodbye"

Old 06-27-2009, 10:17 PM

314 posts, read 692,441 times
For the talent, the impact on America, the quality of art, I think the "tribute" to Michael Jackson thus far exemplified by "Big Media" has been appalling, to say the least. "Big Media" I guess cares more about what drugs he was taking and what his body looked like than the fact that the VOID in American Art that has been left will never be filled. Not by Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Usher, Chris Brown...haha. Not. The future of American culture has never looked dimmer, imo.

We will never see the combination of talent and charisma ever again in America, anyway...

I admit he stopped being relevant in 1991...but his work before 1991 is unsurpassed by anyone since Elvis.

I don't see enough public retrospective and appreciation happening. I think MTV's lack of leadership in the career appreciation of MJ at this point has been a complete disgrace. Only BET seems to know what they're doing....

Old 06-27-2009, 10:23 PM

12,153 posts, read 10,043,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarndyce View Post
I don't see enough public retrospective and appreciation happening. I think MTV's lack of leadership in the career appreciation of MJ at this point has been a complete disgrace. Only BET seems to know what they're doing....
Well seeing as how MTV & BET are owned by the same company I don't know how you'd make that observation. MTV is currently showing King Of Videos a 2 hour special on MJ videos - BET is showing Get Rich or Die Tryin, which was preceeded by The Cookout.

I watched 106 & Park's "tribute" to Michael - they spent so much time talking to wanna-be pop stars that they barely showed any of the videos.

Don't know what kind of public appreciation you want to see? Maybe people building a statue of Michael out of silver gloves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities