U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 AM

3,108 posts, read 932,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Well since you were speaking in the present tense I doubt any judge has the ability to do so now - seeing as how he's dead and all. Yeah but if you wanna get technical about it - judges don't typically judge you; they pass judgment based on the things you've done Guess that you don't know there is a DIFFERENCE

Thus proving there are people here on Earth who can Judge you not just God.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:30 AM

18,820 posts, read 7,778,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
It's sad you go through such lengths defending a man who slept with kids.
Here's the logical thinking which you are missing. If you can afford to pay 100K a month for rent then why not fight the parents? You statement is he paid them off to not be tried in public opinion, well alot of the public see's him as a pervert so that didn't work out to well did it??
It is twice as sad insisting that a person is guilty of a crime that was never proven. The emotional stress of prolonging a legal battle, especially one with such shameful accusations must be horrendous. I can understand why MJ just wanted to be done with it. BTW...the Salem Witch Trials would not have been an ugly part of this nation's history if there were not people that just relished jumping on the blame bandwagon.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM

3,108 posts, read 932,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It is twice as sad insisting that a person is guilty of a crime that was never proven. The emotional stress of prolonging a legal battle, especially one with such shameful accusations must be horrendous. I can understand why MJ just wanted to be done with it. BTW...the Salem Witch Trials would not have been an ugly part of this nation's history if there were not people that just relished jumping on the blame bandwagon.

Go right ahead and keep on defending the pervert, I know I wouldn't let my kids anywhere near him. Then again I consider myself a competent parent.

I know I would also fight to clear my name and no pay a dime for something I didn't do. Especially if it's something as disgusting as molesting a child.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:33 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 11,207,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Long article. How long did it take you to read? I'm sure I've sat here for 2 hours.

From what I read about that one, yes it looks like he was set up, not only by the boys father but by his attorneys.
I don't think any of us will ever know the truth; it is now between Micheal and his maker.

Was it the 2nd one where they raided his house? That I remember because of the things they took out. Having said that, I was not "following" the case, it was just what I read in magazines a neighbor used to bring me.

I've never understood how he could be the way he was.
Look at the Osmonds.. they are fine.
Brooke Shields.. fine
Janet Jackson - fine
I understand everyone is different, but at some point you have to grow up and take responsibility for your life.

I think most of all I'm sorry he didn't just take his money and never been seen again; but his weirdness just grew. Like he thrived on his "boy-man" persona.
Like I said somewhere else--or maybe it was here, I can't remember--some psyches are more fragile than others. There's a reason we're supposed to go through childhood as children. Michael was forced to bypass that. There's a lot of wisdom in the old Indian adage, Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 AM

13,309 posts, read 28,730,245 times
Quote:
Brooke Shields.. fine
Janet Jackson - fine
All of those people in your list have had their own painful personal difficulties: anxiety disorder, painful separation and divorce, postpartum depression, weight that goes up and down like a yo-yo.
Some performers grow up in front of a camera and they are okay. Others are more fragile in this image-conscious, superficial environment. It is hard to know who is and is not a true friend.
Yes, MJ took 'having issues' to another level. I saw some interview with him that made it clear he had problems with his father.
As I said in another thread, MJ definitely was troubled, but I also think he was targeted by some very greedy people.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM

18,820 posts, read 7,778,897 times
Quote:
Long article. How long did it take you to read? I'm sure I've sat here for 2 hours.

From what I read about that one, yes it looks like he was set up, not only by the boys father but by his attorneys.
I don't think any of us will ever know the truth; it is now between Micheal and his maker.

Was it the 2nd one where they raided his house? That I remember because of the things they took out. Having said that, I was not "following" the case, it was just what I read in magazines a neighbor used to bring me.

I've never understood how he could be the way he was.
Brooke Shields.. fine
Janet Jackson - fine
I understand everyone is different, but at some point you have to grow up and take responsibility for your life.

I think most of all I'm sorry he didn't just take his money and never been seen again; but his weirdness just grew. Like he thrived on his "boy-man" persona.
Osmond has been very open about his anxiety treatments, which includes the use of Paxil and cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Osmond is an honorary board member of directors for the Anxiety Disorders Association of America.
Osmond's sister, Marie Osmond also suffers from anxiety. Osmond is one of many celebrities who has battled mental illness.

Donny Osmond and Anxiety - OrganizedWisdom Health

Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 AM

2,000 posts, read 5,196,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I know I would also fight to clear my name and no pay a dime for something I didn't do. Especially if it's something as disgusting as molesting a child.
Fighting a charge like that costs a lot of money and can take years to come to trial. Not everyone has an endless source of money or stamina to go forth with such a lengthy battle. Just because he settled, does not prove he is a child molester.

And just because you would handle something one way, does not mean your way is the correct way.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 AM

12,244 posts, read 15,994,348 times
Let's face it...Michael Jackson is a controversial subject. Some idolized him, while others despised him. Many think he didn't molest children, while many others did think he did. Some thought he was eccentrc, while others think he was just plain weird. Seems like everyone is on one side of the fence..or the other...when it comes to him and his lifestyle. No opinion is either right, nor wrong...as they are just that...opinions of outsiders. The only thing we can all seem to agree upon is that he is dead.

Michael Jackson...good riddance...and rest in peace.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:54 AM

12,244 posts, read 15,994,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Osmond has been very open about his anxiety treatments, which includes the use of Paxil and cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Osmond is an honorary board member of directors for the Anxiety Disorders Association of America.
Osmond's sister, Marie Osmond also suffers from anxiety. Osmond is one of many celebrities who has battled mental illness.

Donny Osmond and Anxiety - OrganizedWisdom Health
What's your point? Obviously, Donny Osmond dealt with a very common illness in an adult-like and repectable manner. He (and his sister) never blamed their mental problems for sleeping with 12 year olds.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:56 AM

13,309 posts, read 28,730,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
The only thing we can all seem to agree upon is that he is dead.
This being the RIP Michael Jackson thread, may I add that many of us can agree that he was a superb entertainer.
He has earned his rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities