U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:26 PM

2,639 posts, read 4,970,080 times

Advertisements

People at work were talking about MJJ's London tour, how "he's coming back" and he was going to get back his throne. To which I replied, "it won't happen". Guess what? It didn't.

But I'm actually a fan of Michael, always have been. I can't remember the last time he released a CD where there wasn't at least three songs I enjoyed. That's more than what I can say for the majority of other artists, where I'd be lucky to find one song that is appealing. Now he's frail, wheelchair ridden, with three kids...one of which nobody knows the general appearance of except for the nanny, the other two who are as white as can be....in Las Vegas, a broken shell of a man.

Now I don't necessarily care for his skin color change. I don't care for him dangling babies off of balconies. I don't find his covering kids in sashes and whatnot as appealing. I definitely don't care for his reclusive lifestyle (though I can relate to it) nor his apparent desire to just be freaky and strange. I don't like him lying about his kids or hiding their parenthood. I have a difficult time understanding how he's still in debt yet he's got to be collecting royalties from the Beatles catalog and these compilation CDs that keep coming out for him. I'm of the opinion same as others that he should have gotten therapy long before he built Neverland. But none of that should change or diminish his legacy as a performer nor his impact on society in general, regardless of race or country. His dancing has inspired the likes of Usher and Chris Brown, his live performances the likes of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, and his music just about everyone who ever sung a pop song.

I just read an article where it's believed that he doesn't have long to live; that his health is diminishing rapidly. I don't know if it's true or not, but I remember the same articles being released about 'Lufa', Ray Charles, Bernie Mac and the incomparable James Brown. Two of those aforementioned posthumous names of course were inspirations of Michael Jackson: Ray Charles and definitely James Brown. I can only hope that the articles are unfounded, and that his issues are a matter of depression after all he's been through. But I don't think we'll ever see him in the same light again, which is a shame.

No matter what you think about the man after his molestation allegations, losing Michael Jackson will send international shockwaves to rival those of the ones that happened when Lennon, Ruffin, Kendricks, Williams, 'Lufa', Gaye, Troutman, and White died. His songs have meaning and a message, and quite a few of them are emotionally charged (Stranger in Moscow has to be one of the best songs he's ever written, and it went largely overlooked, which is too bad. It's essentially him telling the world his feelings about how he was getting treated, a rarity for Jackson). He is quite possibly the greatest overall performer there ever has been or ever will be. Remember him for that. Not for his mistakes, alleged or real.

"Michael Moments"

Old 05-23-2009, 07:34 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,412,330 times
Thumbs up Great videos.

I took the time to look at them all. Nice! Great to see some things I had not seen before. Lordy Brit, hell having kids huh?
I agree with your post. I think the entire trial diminished him in his spirit so much. Too bad I will never get to see him. I always felt he was an exciting performer as well as a great singer. I think who ever was his "yes" man should have a special place in hades. Never really protected him, or told him now that is just not normal. Best of luck to him if his health is bad.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:12 PM

18,028 posts, read 19,754,530 times
I think he is an extremely gifted & talented artist. His personal behaviors are beyond weird and they have tainted him as a kook. It is almost a good thing he shields his children's ID from the public think how they could be stalked, mocked and possibly even outcast if their ID was known.

I heard his Neverland was seized for attorney fees and lawsuit settlements. I can see how he has lost all he had but look how he went shopping when he was able.

So did he cancel his London show?

I have dial up so sorry I can't view your videos.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:25 PM

According to every article I read, Jackson has not canceled London, yet he has not shown up to all of the rehearsals, a strong indicator he's not going to show.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,601,221 times
He is one of the greatest entertainers of all time. It will be a very, very, very long time before someone tops him.

For some reason I want to blame his abusive dad for some of the problems in his life. I think that plus having tons of money (when he was rich) helped make him turn into a very wierd person.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
According to every article I read, Jackson has not canceled London, yet he has not shown up to all of the rehearsals, a strong indicator he's not going to show.
I heard on one of the entertainment news shows that was because all his props, backdrops etc hadn't shown up yet. He was shown talking and high fiving with dancers that are to be in his show.

If he cancels this "come back" show it will be the final nail in his coffin of loopy things he has done.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I heard on one of the entertainment news shows that was because all his props, backdrops etc hadn't shown up yet. He was shown talking and high fiving with dancers that are to be in his show.

If he cancels this "come back" show it will be the final nail in his coffin of loopy things he has done.
He still has to rehearse. As of a week ago he showed up to 2 out of 45 daily rehearsals.

Comeback king? Michael Jackson has managed TWO of 45 rehearsals for his 65m concerts | Mail Online

Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
He still has to rehearse. As of a week ago he showed up to 2 out of 45 daily rehearsals.

Comeback king? Michael Jackson has managed TWO of 45 rehearsals for his 65m concerts | Mail Online
Another sad fact is MJ is in his 50's now there is a major difference what we did in our 20's and what we can do in our 50's. Yes there are performers that went at it long and hard past 50, Tina Turner comes to mind. But she was in shape touring every year she didn't take time off like MJ has. In his own mind he may think age is not going to get me so hence the sudden illnesses. Funny how there is no mention of them unless he is messing up some how isn't it?

Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 AM

14,330 posts, read 18,725,887 times
I think we all are fortunate that MJ is still around. He's the greatest of performers and his music gets as close to the status of Beethoven that any non-classical performer can get. The man has impacted my life in a exceptionally positive manner with his music and performances, and I wish nothing but the best for Michael Jackson.

I hope he does all that he can do for as long as he is able.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 AM

5,067 posts, read 6,934,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Yes, I saw that same piece on one of the entertainment shows. I did see the Jackson Five live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities