U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Her

286 posts, read 719,761 times

Advertisements

I have been shocked such as when Heath Ledger died. It was so unexpected. I heard of Michael Jackson's passing driving home and after the initial shock I just began to cry. I cried for hours. Then I woke up and cried some more. I think I'm more troubled about the fact that even after his passing people who have no authority to judge anyone are trying to devalue his life by painting him as a monster. Please, give his family some peace. But yes, I cried a lot about Michael Jackson. I'm probably crazy for caring about a complete stranger so much I feel he was a genuinely good person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 07:40 AM

6,474 posts, read 13,403,963 times
Me too, I just cried after watching a video that someone posted. He looked so happy when performing and I just thought that the tabloids must have made his life a living hell. I cried when Jung Da Bin died, too. But I think that's about it.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:00 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,308,275 times
I did. Gregory Hines. He seemed like such a sweet person, I just loved him.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:07 AM

47 posts, read 210,826 times
I have no idea why people cry over someone they dont even "know". c'mon get real! unless u know someone personally why would u be all stressed out? i understand admiring someone or be sad of a loss but its not personal. what people fail to remember is that he was "touching" little boys b4 all this. ok ok he wasnt convicted but i suppose most people think OJ is innocent too? just because someone can sing/dance doesnt make them above the law....... o wait! money to buy ur way out does thou!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:10 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,308,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino702 View Post
I have no idea why people cry over someone they dont even "know". c'mon get real! unless u know someone personally why would u be all stressed out? i understand admiring someone or be sad of a loss but its not personal. what people fail to remember is that he was "touching" little boys b4 all this. ok ok he wasnt convicted but i suppose most people think OJ is innocent too? just because someone can sing/dance doesnt make them above the law....... o wait! money to buy ur way out does thou!
Now that's sad.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:29 AM

13,819 posts, read 24,545,114 times
I once cried when watching a video about Bob Dole and what he went through in the service of this great country. I was also in the midst of depression at the time, unrelated to Bob Dole.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:34 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,804,878 times
I felt pretty bummed out when I heard Luther Vandross died.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino702 View Post
I have no idea why people cry over someone they dont even "know". c'mon get real! unless u know someone personally why would u be all stressed out?
I dont think you need to know the person as much as knowing what they stand for, what good the brought to the world, or something similar.

Like all the Americans who cried when Kennedy and King were assassinated. Like when sports fans cried when Walter Payton and Dale Earnhardt died. Or when people all over the world cried when Neda (in Iran) the Pope died. I think in some ways, people connect with entertainers more so than world leaders or sports heroes. I understand that people all over the world mourned when John Lennon was killed. People all over the country mourned when Elvis died. So you dont have to know someone personally to cry over their deaths.

Hope this provided you with the clarification you needed.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:27 AM

2,725 posts, read 3,960,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehtaht View Post
I wanted to add that you never know whose passing is gonna touch you.I can't recall the year it was.My mom came busting through my door crying and hollering,"they killed her,they killed her".I asked who as my heart was about to jump out of my chest.I was stunned when she said Princess Di.
No offense,I was relieved it wasn't a relative/friend.

I agree with your first statement. I remember last year when Heath Ledger died. I was in shock. I didn't cry, but I felt real angry and sad and hurt why such a talented, kind person would or could lose their life so easily. I was looking forward to seeing him in so many more movies. It was tragic. I was touched by his talent. I was also moved by his humility and kindness. It seems many "greats" somehow get taken from us to early. Michael Jackson's death was pretty sad as well. I hope they both rest in peace.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:29 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
I can totally understand all the emotions and crying in countries all over the world over Michael Jackson. You have world leaders all speaking out on this and see people crying on the streets of Moscow, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, etc.

The death of who is arguably the most popular and well known person on the planet is bound to stir up emotions. I think the only person "bigger" than Michael or more well known throughout the world is President Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or