Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:50 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
But that's because Joe hasn't had them in his "boot camp" yet! I hope the reports of him wanting to put them in a group are false. I'd hate to think they're going to be exploited. It's bad enough Debbie is trying to come back as a "mom"!
I think Joe just likes to talk. He has other grandchildren and they aren't involved in the entertainment industry that I know of and some of them must have the Jackson gift for singing/dancing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 06:14 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,464,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I think Joe just likes to talk. He has other grandchildren and they aren't involved in the entertainment industry that I know of and some of them must have the Jackson gift for singing/dancing.
For the most part it seems as though Joe's grandkids are kept from him. They live in CA and he lives in LV. Tito's sons were in a singing group called 3T and had one song that was supposed to have been a hit.

3T | View the Music Artists Biography Online | VH1.com

Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
For the most part it seems as though Joe's grandkids are kept from him. They live in CA and he lives in LV. Tito's sons were in a singing group called 3T and had one song that was supposed to have been a hit.

3T | View the Music Artists Biography Online | VH1.com
That should be enough then.

I still think he is not serious about coercing MJ's children into this lifestyle. That is who/what he is and too much is made of every utterance.

They (HLN) just said again he is very affectionate with his grandchildren and I think that is the truth. If they were close enough to have a 60th anniversary celebration a few weeks ago I think there must be a great deal of love in the family.

But what do I know?

Old 07-15-2009, 12:29 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
Joe, IMHO just likes to talk. He is a man that at 79 has seen and done a lot. He grew up in a different era where working hard, keeping the children fed, and making sure they go to bed on time was just the way of life and was considered to be good parenting I think that is why he can be misunderstood because people want extras instead of the simple answers. At least he can say none of his kids went to jail or ended up in the streets. They got a taste of stardom and it was with his efforts.

I wish he could have showed remorse when he was asked about Michael's passing but that is just his generation, they show little emotions especially to people they don't know. Awh, give the people you don't know a break no one knows how he is grieving, I know I wouldn't be crying on someone's couch in front of millions of people to some guy or gal that just wants the story.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Joe, IMHO just likes to talk. He is a man that at 79 has seen and done a lot. He grew up in a different era where working hard, keeping the children fed, and making sure they go to bed on time was just the way of life and was considered to be good parenting I think that is why he can be misunderstood because people want extras instead of the simple answers. At least he can say none of his kids went to jail or ended up in the streets. They got a taste of stardom and it was with his efforts.

I wish he could have showed remorse when he was asked about Michael's passing but that is just his generation, they show little emotions especially to people they don't know. Awh, give the people you don't know a break no one knows how he is grieving, I know I wouldn't be crying on someone's couch in front of millions of people to some guy or gal that just wants the story.
I agree.

Actually, when he mentioned his business venture before/after the funeral I thought it was a way of limiting further questions at an emotional time. Many people that I know would have done the same. That wouldn't have been headline news and that seems to be the 'Game' that is being played.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:33 AM

He reminds me of Venice and Serena Williams father. I think he would have given similar responses to reporters as Joe Jackson gave and the media would have beaten him up for that. The Williams father is another parent that is misunderstood and the media has turned him into being a money hungry and angrey father when I think it is far from the truth.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:37 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
"What do I think of Michael's father?"

I really don't care much to think about him or hear from him. But I do thank he and his wife for giving birth to one of the most talented individual in my lifetime.

Last edited by fitzy24; 07-15-2009 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: individuals corrected to individual

Old 07-15-2009, 01:39 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
All I have been aware of with this man is that there were claims he abused Michael and probably his other children because abusers don't normally stick to only one of their many children.

This makes him scum in my mind.

I fear for MJs children, they have been left in the custody of his Mother, the same Mother who didn't protect him from his Father.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
All I have been aware of with this man is that there were claims he abused Michael and probably his other children because abusers don't normally stick to only one of their many children.

This makes him scum in my mind.

I fear for MJs children, they have been left in the custody of his Mother, the same Mother who didn't protect him from his Father.
It sounds like he was a very hard man and did some major damage psychologically but unfortunately many of that generation did the same.

The real abuse might have been pushing his children into performing and there are those who believe that is a good career choice. It sounds like a horrible existence to me, FWIW.

Michael's mother is in a different position now and surrounded by family members and legal experts who are certainly able to intervene should there be an occasion. Someone said Katherine is rearing other grandchildren and there have been no negative reports.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 PM

She has been taking care of her grandkids for some time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities