U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,624,100 times
Reputation: 9139

Advertisements

The radio just reported that about 100,000 people turned out for his funeral. Can't find a story on it to see if it's true. Does anyone else have it?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2009, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,378 posts, read 24,417,862 times
Reputation: 8690
But wait!!!!!!!!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Whiteville Tennessee
8,257 posts, read 11,832,791 times
Reputation: 9791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
But wait!!!!!!!!!!
The next 15 people to become deceased will recieve this commemerative headstone! Just pay seperate shipping and handling. As an added bonus the next 10 children who die before thier 12th birthday will recieve this wonderful Michael Jackson repellant to be sprayed around your grave at no extra charge! Operators are standing by!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 PM
 
33 posts, read 78,606 times
Reputation: 16
He was buried here in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. On the news last night, they showed a lot of fans and local people at the funeral home. The funeral was a public mass with a private burial. Local tv station says over 500 at mass, so not sure where they got 100,000

Thumbs Up Part Of Final Tribute To Billy Mays - Entertainment News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/entertainment/19884831/detail.html - broken link)

Billy Mays is laid to rest
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,624,100 times
Reputation: 9139
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMBSN View Post
He was buried here in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. On the news last night, they showed a lot of fans and local people at the funeral home. The funeral was a public mass with a private burial. Local tv station says over 500 at mass, so not sure where they got 100,000

Thumbs Up Part Of Final Tribute To Billy Mays - Entertainment News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/entertainment/19884831/detail.html - broken link)

Billy Mays is laid to rest
Figures.

Quote:
He also rose on TV, where his booming voice sometimes caused co-workers to tell him to not speak so loudly into the microphone, only to be told he wasn't wearing one.
LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,060 posts, read 8,237,283 times
Reputation: 4824
Not even close to 100,000. But it was a nice turnout for a hometown boy. All the pall bearers wore a blue shirt and khaki pants like he wore and on the back of their shirts was "Pitchman"
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 05:10 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,980 posts, read 20,085,881 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
The radio just reported that about 100,000 people turned out for his funeral. Can't find a story on it to see if it's true. Does anyone else have it?
100,000? Yeah, that is a mistake. Elvis didnt even have that many.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 07:16 PM
 
1,250 posts, read 2,897,102 times
Reputation: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Not even close to 100,000. But it was a nice turnout for a hometown boy. All the pall bearers wore a blue shirt and khaki pants like he wore and on the back of their shirts was "Pitchman"
Thats actually pretty cool...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top