Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:12 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,673,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I would love to know if anyone here on C-D tried to get tickets to this event. I can't believe 1.6 million people signed up for this!

I'm going to be in a notary class on Tuesday, so I'll miss this event entirely. Oh, well...
Just for the heck of it I did, got a email this am saying thanks but sorry you didn't get selected. I am wondering what contingency plan they had in place for this? Wonder if FEMA is involved?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Just for the heck of it I did, got a email this am saying thanks but sorry you didn't get selected. I am wondering what contingency plan they had in place for this? Wonder if FEMA is involved?
Now that Brownie's gone, and the house has been cleaned over at FEMA and they're capable of handling a situation if it occurs. IMHO

Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times
Three women just jumped into a car in Canada and drove non-stop to Neverland, in less than 24 hours.

"the women set out at 4:30 p.m., driving all night without a pause for rest.

They arrived at Neverland on Thursday at 2 p.m., and found that the sprawling property that once housed a zoo, bumper cars, a ferris wheel and a roller coaster had, in fact, turned into a circus.

"Towards midnight, we put on the music, the dance party started, and we all held hands and sang, and Leslie brought candles, which we handed out," Affleck said. "Just to look around and see the difference in atmosphere was brilliant."

Krygsveld says she was motivated to travel to California because she wanted to make sure she saw Neverland before "they rip it up and sell the pieces."

From B.C. to Neverland - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca (http://thechronicleherald.ca/World/1130728.html - broken link)

Old 07-06-2009, 08:29 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Three women just jumped into a car in Canada and drove non-stop to Neverland, in less than 24 hours.

"the women set out at 4:30 p.m., driving all night without a pause for rest.

They arrived at Neverland on Thursday at 2 p.m., and found that the sprawling property that once housed a zoo, bumper cars, a ferris wheel and a roller coaster had, in fact, turned into a circus.

"Towards midnight, we put on the music, the dance party started, and we all held hands and sang, and Leslie brought candles, which we handed out," Affleck said. "Just to look around and see the difference in atmosphere was brilliant."

Krygsveld says she was motivated to travel to California because she wanted to make sure she saw Neverland before "they rip it up and sell the pieces."

From B.C. to Neverland - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca (http://thechronicleherald.ca/World/1130728.html - broken link)
Great article. I read it through to the end. LOL

Old 07-06-2009, 03:05 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Doesn't it bother anyone that everybody's just trying to make a buck off Michael Jackson...even in death?
what bothers me is your rediculous troll posts in all these MJ threads.

give it up, we know you don't like him, you have nothing positive to say,

don't go away mad, just go away.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:47 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Will the police have drug dogs to sniff out pot, cocaine, and crack cause something tells me there's going to be a lot of that stuff being used by both the fans and the celebrities. They'd have to be using some form of drugs to be this hung up on the death of a pedophile.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
what bothers me is your rediculous troll posts in all these MJ threads.

give it up, we know you don't like him, you have nothing positive to say,

don't go away mad, just go away.
Well...I did write to the Dance Hall of Fame yesterday, asking them to consider Michael Jackson for nomination and consider his dance skills and influence on dancing. I suggested that they should seriously look at it now, especially in light of his recent demise.

I am still awaiting response...but urge others to also make this plea. While his personal life may have been a controversial one...no one can over-estimate the influence he had on American dancing.

I made my plea, right through the contact portal from the main menu...http://www.dancemuseum.org/nmd/ (broken link)

Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times
"More than 1.6 million people registered for free tickets to the 10 a.m. memorial, which will be broadcast live worldwide. A total of 8,750 people were chosen to receive two tickets each. The lucky ones picked up their passes Monday at Dodger Stadium amid heavy police presence.

Downtown hotels were quickly filling. Police, trying to avoid a mob scene, warned those without tickets to stay away because they would not be able to get close to the Staples Center.

British Airways reported a surge of bookings as soon as the memorial arrangements were announced. Virgin's trans-Atlantic flights to San Francisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles were all packed with fans and VIPs, spokesman Paul Charles said.

"I think this is America's version of Princess Diana. People want to be in the vicinity. People from the UK and elsewhere want to share their emotions together," Charles said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MICHAEL_JACKSON?SITE=OKOKL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLAT E=DEFAULT (broken link)

Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 PM

206 posts, read 615,349 times
i can sleep better knowing that lol

Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
"More than 1.6 million people registered for free tickets to the 10 a.m. memorial, which will be broadcast live worldwide. A total of 8,750 people were chosen to receive two tickets each. The lucky ones picked up their passes Monday at Dodger Stadium amid heavy police presence.

Downtown hotels were quickly filling. Police, trying to avoid a mob scene, warned those without tickets to stay away because they would not be able to get close to the Staples Center.

British Airways reported a surge of bookings as soon as the memorial arrangements were announced. Virgin's trans-Atlantic flights to San Francisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles were all packed with fans and VIPs, spokesman Paul Charles said.

"I think this is America's version of Princess Diana. People want to be in the vicinity. People from the UK and elsewhere want to share their emotions together," Charles said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MICHAEL_JACKSON?SITE=OKOKL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLAT E=DEFAULT (broken link)
also, from above article:

"On eBay, bids for memorial tickets were reaching as high as $3,000, and prices on Craigslist were in the thousands, although both sites were removing postings attempting to sell memorial tickets."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities