U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM

2,506 posts, read 4,894,316 times

Advertisements

Does anyone expect pure (p)fandemonium @ this event? I'm watching Larry King Live & it looks like it might be chaotic w/ people who came & didn't have tickets... I myself am an MJ fan but am kind of happy that I am not going to be in that pool of fans...I hear there's going to be a circus but it might have been wrong...anyway I hope the Memorial Service does MJ justice, he deserves it...

Old 07-06-2009, 10:40 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,080,276 times
I hope for three things tomorrow:

1.) People respect the wishes of the city of Los Angeles and the Police Department and do not cause even more disruptions by descending around Staples Center in downtown without a ticket, crowding in the streets and causing problems. Please respect the lives and property of 40,000 residents and around 400,000 workers in downtown L.A.

2.) AEG (owns Staples Center), private donors, or the Jackson family should pay for the expense this has on the city of Los Angeles. It will cost $4,000,000 in security, police services, parademics, etc... in a city that is literally short on cash due to the economy in CA. Government services and employees are being cut and this money could go toward a teacher's salary, homeless shelter funding, public transit, etc...

3.) The memorial is tasteful and highlights Jackson's musical talent rather than becoming a even bigger media circus.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:20 AM

2,506 posts, read 4,894,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
I hope for three things tomorrow:

1.) People respect the wishes of the city of Los Angeles and the Police Department and do not cause even more disruptions by descending around Staples Center in downtown without a ticket, crowding in the streets and causing problems. Please respect the lives and property of 40,000 residents and around 400,000 workers in downtown L.A.

2.) AEG (owns Staples Center), private donors, or the Jackson family should pay for the expense this has on the city of Los Angeles. It will cost $4,000,000 in security, police services, parademics, etc... in a city that is literally short on cash due to the economy in CA. Government services and employees are being cut and this money could go toward a teacher's salary, homeless shelter funding, public transit, etc...

3.) The memorial is tasteful and highlights Jackson's musical talent rather than becoming a even bigger media circus.

Me too, by the way...my friend just sent me this...scared the livin daylights out of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Am67-Sew7k&feature=player_embedded

Old 07-07-2009, 12:25 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,049,019 times
I can't believe the complete and utter nonsense about MJs death. I would FAR more wish to show honor to someone who deserves it for a long hard battle to live and the courage she may have given to others with her same plight. Farrah Fawcett that is.

Are we as a society incapable of enjoying a mans music without diefying them? This guy was morally bankrupt, more then likely crazy, drugged and with some indication he might have been a pedophile and he gets this kind of attention?? Without his money he would have ended up in jail in my opinion.

It won't be long and everyone will say he isn't dead just like Elvis who by the way was no better a human being then MJ was. Honestly love the music but the lifestyles these men lead turns the stomach.

What do we honor in this country?

Old 07-07-2009, 05:41 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,521,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I can't believe the complete and utter nonsense about MJs death. I would FAR more wish to show honor to someone who deserves it for a long hard battle to live and the courage she may have given to others with her same plight. Farrah Fawcett that is.

Are we as a society incapable of enjoying a mans music without diefying them? This guy was morally bankrupt, more then likely crazy, drugged and with some indication he might have been a pedophile and he gets this kind of attention?? Without his money he would have ended up in jail in my opinion.

It won't be long and everyone will say he isn't dead just like Elvis who by the way was no better a human being then MJ was. Honestly love the music but the lifestyles these men lead turns the stomach.

What do we honor in this country?

I agree with you to a point. I think he deserves to be recognized for his talent, etc. But the circus that has formed around his death, to inlcude the huge circus that will happen today just seems like a bit too much to me. It feels like somebody wants to make money. I was so sad for Farrah over the first several days that they both died. She hardly got mentioned, while the coverage of Michael was non stop.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 AM

13,819 posts, read 24,563,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Does anyone expect pure (p)fandemonium @ this event? I'm watching Larry King Live & it looks like it might be chaotic w/ people who came & didn't have tickets... I myself am an MJ fan but am kind of happy that I am not going to be in that pool of fans...I hear there's going to be a circus but it might have been wrong...anyway I hope the Memorial Service does MJ justice, he deserves it...
This may well turn into another LA riot.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 AM

9,215 posts, read 20,227,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I would love to know if anyone here on C-D tried to get tickets to this event. I can't believe 1.6 million people signed up for this!

I'm going to be in a notary class on Tuesday, so I'll miss this event entirely. Oh, well...
Yes, I tried; not that I was going but I did put my info in.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,398,249 times
Default Michael's body will be at Memorial Service???

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

It was announced on TMZ that they will be bringing Michael's body to Staples>>>>???????????

I definitely see a riot coming on.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:56 AM

2,487 posts, read 5,579,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

It was announced on TMZ that they will be bringing Michael's body to Staples>>>>???????????

I definitely see a riot coming on.
Not good, amazing how a fallen soldier doesn't get this type of media. I grew up on MJ just like a lot of others on here. I loved his music in the 70's and 80's. I agree that LA will totally lose control over this today.

I think most of us are mourning the moments in time when MJ music was intertwined in our lives and the entertainer he was not what he became.
An artist doesn't sell some 700+ million records and not touch everyone's life in some way.

MJ needs to be laid to rest and lets all move on.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:03 AM

206 posts, read 544,397 times
Wink well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Not good, amazing how a fallen soldier doesn't get this type of media. I grew up on MJ just like a lot of others on here. I loved his music in the 70's and 80's. I agree that LA will totally lose control over this today.

I think most of us are mourning the moments in time when MJ music was intertwined in our lives and the entertainer he was not what he became.
An artist doesn't sell some 700+ million records and not touch everyone's life in some way.

MJ needs to be laid to rest and lets all move on.
its time to drop the jackson post frist its getting old second its taking over all the post in here TIME TO MOVE ON
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities