Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 07:02 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,040,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I'm beginning to think that 90% of Hollywood types are on drugs. Sad sad sad.
They have too much money. Going out to dinner at a nice restaurant, which is a big deal in some families, or a trip to Disney World...well they can do that in a snap of a finger..

These people can fly in private planes around the world, have the best of the best shipped in to them...

They get jaded...(not an excuse, of course). And if 'everyone does it' the temptation must be staggering (again, no excuse). I've read books about Hollywood/stars and everyone wants to be a part of a star's world and will give them free drugs to 'hang with them..'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:25 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,973,179 times
RIP Billy!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:53 AM

4,339 posts, read 3,546,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Autopsy finds cocaine in Billy Mays' body - Life- msnbc.com

How sad

Goes to show you that drugs are not good EVER!!

Sad, indeed. He's about the last person anyone would have expected to have something like that found in his system.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,975,404 times
So sad. My son, who is the ultimate Billy Mays fan, is out of town right now with his grandparents. I called him to tell him the news and he said "Well mom - what did you think? Did you really think he was naturally that energetic?" I actually thought he was. Cocaine never even occurred to me.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 AM

8,875 posts, read 13,873,105 times
I'm with you Twink. I thought he could naturally "turn it on" for making the pitch. Sorry to hear.

I said back then that out of all the celebrity deaths that happened around the time Mays died, I felt the worst for his family. Too bad his reputation is now sullied by this news.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:32 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,139,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Autopsy finds cocaine in Billy Mays' body - Life- msnbc.com

How sad

Goes to show you that drugs are not good EVER!!

Well let's see:

Thousands die everyday in the name of god. Tribes are wiped out do to diseases. Mass genoicide. Aids, Cancer, etc. People are dieing everyday for many more tragic reasons and we somehow feel sorry for this idiot.

Come on people, he was a freakin pitchman.....A pitchman! Is this really newsworthy. The guy liked a little snow. Who cares. It's the same thing as a fat person dieing of overeating. Thousands die every day from drugs. You get the high, you do the time!

As far as the thesis, "Goes to show you that drugs are not good EVER"

I actually see it the other way. Thanks cocaine. No more loud mouth psychotic oxi-moron to deal with. Thanks cocaine.....

Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,949,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
How sad????
and ......poor Billy?????

Good grief!! How about--gee, what a dumbazz.
I kind of agree with you. No offense to the deceased Mr. Mays or to his family, but come on folks. The man paid an unfortunate consequence for drug use.

I feel more sorry for his family, who are shocked, distraught and are without a husband and father because of this. They are angry that this has been announced, but so many celebrities are dying with the help of elicit drugs, and so many people look up to celebrities. This has got to stop.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:59 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,577,391 times
How sad for his family. And it's so nice that no one has referred to Mays as a "junkie".

Old 08-11-2009, 06:56 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,824,326 times
Remember there is no particular face to addiction. Sorry to sound like an antidrug campaign, but it does not surprise me that he was on drugs. I am not saying he is a bad person or degrading him. He had a problem, like many non-celebrities and celebrities share. The problem with celebrities is that they can buy basically anything to the point where they often never receive help. It is very sad. I honestly could not take Billy Mays, but I it is sad he died that way. I wonder why they at first said it was heart disease and then the info came out. It took awhile longer than most celebrities.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:46 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,949,040 times
Now they are saying that there was a mixture of about half a dozen drugs that were found in his body, which combined were the cause of death. Most of them were prescription type drugs that slow down the neurological system.

What a shame. If his wife and kids truly didn't know this, they must be devastated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities