U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which young celeb do you think gets way too much recognition (you can pick more than 1 person)?
Miley Cyrus 44 60.27%
Vanessa Hudgens 20 27.40%
Shia Labeouf 17 23.29%
Megan Fox 34 46.58%
Zac Efron 26 35.62%
Lindsay Lohan 44 60.27%
Robert Pattinson 17 23.29%
Kristen Stewart 10 13.70%
Daniel Radcliff 9 12.33%
Blake Lively 12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 PM

607 posts, read 860,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernkomfort27 View Post
In my opinion, celebrity status should be achieved by those who have made significant contibutions to the entertainment industry, Not to those who attend the "right" parties or pop the wrong pills.

I see these names and faces on just about every one of those weekly magazines in the grocery aisle. The titles talk about so n so's nose job, joe blows arrest, this ones too skinny, this ones pregnant....bla, bla, bla. I don't recognise all of those names either. What make these people so newsworthy anyway? Is it talent?
Yeah I agree, so much riff raff in those mags. LIke Lindsey fights with with Samantha, who cares.
Robert Pattison is dating Kristen stewart one week then he is dating someone else, okay big deal.
Megan Fox says the stupid random crap, like I care
Shia Labeouf is dating his co-star Care Mulligan, okay good for him
The list is endless....
What happened to the interesting stuff like what movie is making headlines, even people mag is getting a bit over board about these celebs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 11:20 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,241,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
They are not on the list, nor are they really celebrities. Octomom and Kate Gosselin from Jon & Kate Plus8 get WAY TOO MUCH attention.

OMG, if I have to hear or see ONE more story on these misfits of society, I'll scream. So they had a bunch of kids...who really gives a sh**??? Breeding is one thing all people can do, no matter how ugly or stupid they are.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:29 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,241,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
They all need to GO AWAY. And take THE VIEW with them. And Donald Trump too. Let's just lock them all in a giant safe and dump it in the deepest part of the ocean.

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Maybe we should make that a new thread-"who would YOU put in the safe???"

Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 PM

6,103 posts, read 5,408,550 times
I can't recall all of their names, but those people from shows like The Hills, Laguna Beach, etc take the cake here. Why the Hell are these people popular? And why should anyone care what they do?

Also add the children who are products of famous parent,relative syndrome. And then "artists" like Chris Brown and Rihanna. I use the word "artists" loosely because I really don't think either of these two can sing very well and are instead a product of sex appeal.

As far as that list, I've never heard of Stewart (unless she's Rod Stewart's daughter), or Lively. So I guess I'll vote for Miley, although I could do w/out Efron and Hudgens as well.

Edit: And i agree with Ocotomom (lord have mercy give it a rest with this crazy person), and Jon and Kate. Who exactly are John and Kate anyway?, nevermind, I should of guessed........

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 09-21-2009 at 07:54 PM..

Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 PM

John and Kate and Octomom is getting on my nerves too!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:30 AM

3,321 posts, read 2,970,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04glow View Post
There are just too many to pick. I can remember in my day (the late 70's-80's) hollywood did not seem to make a huge deal out of the younger celebs like they do today.
Anyway, which ones do you think that gets way too much attention? Why? And which ones get on your nerves the most?
Yeah it was all about the brat pack and that was about it. We have certainly evolved into the young celebrity obsessed sh!# pile! What will be next

Old 09-28-2009, 08:36 PM

2,320 posts, read 3,904,948 times
It's the Echo Boomer culture. See and be seen. Look pretty, hook up, get famous. A lot of them have no talent. Does not seem to matter anymore. Those that do have ruined their careers with bad project choices, drugs, and strange relationships.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
It's the Echo Boomer culture. See and be seen. Look pretty, hook up, get famous. A lot of them have no talent. Does not seem to matter anymore. Those that do have ruined their careers with bad project choices, drugs, and strange relationships.
Exactly I am like what happened to the good ol Steve Martin days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities