U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Did Michael Jackson molest kids?
Yes 78 43.58%
No 101 56.42%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2009, 07:21 PM

8,241 posts, read 9,356,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post

So I agree with your statement. I would be concerned with Joe Blow living around the corner acting creepy around my kids but I doubt Jackson was outside the gate of his Neverland Ranch enticing kids to come in from around the neighborhood. What you described and what Jackson did are, IMO, not the same thing.
In my example, i didn't say Joe Blow was out "enticing" the kids. He just simply acts the same way as MJ did, but he isn't rich or famous. The point being, strip away the blinders of MJ's money and fame, and look at the true core person. That person to me, looks like a pedophile.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,542,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
IMO, it is the child's parents' responsibility to teach their kids to stay away from suspicious behaviour. Was Jackson a littly creepy? Absolutely. Don't blame Jackson for the parents agreeing to expose their kids to that atmosphere.

So I agree with your statement. I would be concerned with Joe Blow living around the corner acting creepy around my kids but I doubt Jackson was outside the gate of his Neverland Ranch enticing kids to come in from around the neighborhood. What you described and what Jackson did are, IMO, not the same thing.
We seem to have very different ideas about what constitutes 'A little creepy'.

'Don't blame Jackson for the parents agreeing to expose their kids to that atmosphere'

OK--I will hold the parents equally responsible but that doesn't absolve Michael Jackson for showing his abiding love for children in a manner that is not acceptable to the majority of the population.

They showed a clip of a visit Michael Jackson made to the set of 'Home Alone'--to bid MacCauley Culkin farewell prior to leaving on a tour. Culkin seemed very happy he came and they clearly seemed to have some sort of friendship. From a clip with Brook Shields I saw additional evidence of his childlike/immature side.

In his early 20's, even 30's, this adolescent quality was somewhat understandable. 'He had to grow up too fast and never had a chidhood'...

There comes a point when childish/childlike ways are no longer appropriate. I do blame Michael Jackson for essentially saying to those unenlightened enough to be offended by his esoteric preferences --'I can do as I please--I will Never Grow Up.' To care for children properly you need to be able to make adult decisions ---but none of that really matters now.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:29 PM

2,316 posts, read 3,979,663 times
No, I don't think he molested children otherwise I wouldn't still be a fan of his. I think he made poor decisions as far as putting himself in a vulnerable position. I'm not going to sit here and name all the reasons why I think he was innocent because it's all been said before. But, I will say, that people can at least allow for the fact that he COULD be innocent. How bad would it be - if he was innocent - that people spent all this time (before and after his death) calling him every nasty name imaginable when there's a chance that he didn't do anything to those kids. I think people should think about that before they open their mouth because it is your karma (Could you be bad mouthing an innocent man? tisk, tisk, tisk, you don't know for sure, but you could be...)

If the time ever came when he was - without a doubt - proven guilty, then I will eat my words and stop being his fan. In the meantime, I'm not going to bad mouth a man who was accused of a crime that he may or may not have committed. But that's just me.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:31 PM

2,316 posts, read 3,979,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I hate to be such an ardent defender of Michael Jackson, since a lot of his personal life was strange to say the least, but the whole molestation thing is so bogus and illogical if you think about it. Out of all the kids who stayed at his house, you'd think there'd be tons of people coming forward. The two kids that did come forward turned out to be liars. I'm just saying...
Good point. I can't rep you, gotta spread it around, you know how it is...

Old 09-10-2009, 09:31 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,007,891 times
Default Oh dear lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I know enough about the cases and more than I care to know about Michael Jackson.

He was a performer of pop music. That is fine but it doesn't happen to approach true greatness in my book so I am less concerned with his life choices than some might be.

For example, I believe that those that serve in the military, healthcare professionals, teachers, preachers, ordinary people of all kinds leading boring, mundane lives and never really achieving financial security or great success are the 'great ones' in their anonymous way.

A man who made a sequined glove/socks famous during a music concert is already lower on my list than many others. Having heard truly horrific stories of those tortured for political reasons across the globe I guess it doesn't matter that much to me that his jackass of a father chose such a path for his family.

The ability to sing and dance cannot compare to truly putting others before yourself. Nothing that I have heard about Michael Jackson leads me to believe that he did that. A self-indulgent person and that just doesn't impress me.
Michael didn't just sing and dance. Your post is of such ignorance and you really need to read up on Michael Jackson's charitable causes and contributions. Of course the tabloids never reported on that. No. And you know why? It doesn't sell. The man is in the guinness world records for his contribution to charity. He didn't brag about it because it came from the heart. And his estate will continue contributing to charity since he left instructions in his will for a certain percentage of his estate earnings to go to his favorite charities.

Educate yourself, my friend. Here, let me help you a little:

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&It emid=59

http://www.phillytrib.com/tribune/index.php/entertainment/3-the-philadelphia-tribune/6097-just-call-him-the-king-of-giving (broken link)

YouTube - Australia loves Michael Jackson - A True Humanitarian

YouTube - Kenny Ortega talking about MJ's big heart

And there's plenty more info out there in cyber land, if you're interested.

p.s. Neverland wasn't just a home for Jackson either. It was a place for sick and disadvantaged kids that were bussed in to his amusement park to have fun for free. Neverland is no more because of a greedy family that took advantage of the naive Michael and attempting to extort money from him.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:39 PM

8,502 posts, read 6,987,075 times
I don't think Michael molested anyone. I was never a huge fan of his, but I feel sad that a lot of people didn't truly appreciate him for the performer he was before his death, me included.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 PM

2,496 posts, read 5,537,827 times
Although I think that MJ was beyond nuts, and a troubled person overall, I truly don't think that he was a child molester. I think that he lived vicariously through children due to his own crappy upbringing.

Last edited by thepinksquid; 09-10-2009 at 11:50 PM..

Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 AM

9,805 posts, read 7,188,865 times
Remember that inappropriate touching through the clothes is considered one end of the spectrum of molestation. It goes all the way to sexual relations but it is a scale. If the question being asked assumes the legal defination, then the probability is much higher.

His closeness and identification with children, the peter pan thing, is also the same pattern that leads adults to take intererest in children. He had not only no childhood but if what said is to be believed a violent one. The emotional development freezes. Most of those Jackson seemed to gravitate were about the age he became successful and childhood vanished. This also corrilates. Like known pedifiles he drew children to him as well, making a playground of his home and inviting groups of children as guests. He arrainged to be in the company of young boys as pedifiles do, very often finding professions where children will be not only available but in a position of trust. Anyone who thinks its a loving thing to sleep with a child should not be around children.

Did he violate the law? Probably. Several accusers retracted their accusations, but since he often had kids around and especially for boys its often not disclosed its possible. Was it some sorted sex scene? Probably not. But he had the personality which personifies adults who fixate on children as their preference.

Its true he's dead but I think people ought to take off the blinders and the cult celebrity glasses and admit that this man should not have built a playground and kept small children in his bedroom (or that playroom) and quit making excuses. The reason there was suspicion and accusations is because there was every indication they could be true. Yeah, he was a pop star but the black out of everything else was stupid when he died. If there is any good from all the hoopla it would be that doctors who compromise their credentials for celebrity money and break the rules get called out and dealt with finally. But one would hope its not a "poor Michael" moment.

He was a man who made his own choices about his contact with kids and drugs and invited bad results from both. Lets acknowledge that he freely made these decisions and is by no means someone who needs to be felt sorry for.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:50 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,542,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Michael didn't just sing and dance. Your post is of such ignorance and you really need to read up on Michael Jackson's charitable causes and contributions. Of course the tabloids never reported on that. No. And you know why? It doesn't sell. The man is in the guinness world records for his contribution to charity. He didn't brag about it because it came from the heart. And his estate will continue contributing to charity since he left instructions in his will for a certain percentage of his estate earnings to go to his favorite charities.

Educate yourself, my friend. Here, let me help you a little:

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&It emid=59

Just call him the king of giving (http://www.phillytrib.com/tribune/index.php/entertainment/3-the-philadelphia-tribune/6097-just-call-him-the-king-of-giving - broken link)

YouTube - Australia loves Michael Jackson - A True Humanitarian

YouTube - Kenny Ortega talking about MJ's big heart

And there's plenty more info out there in cyber land, if you're interested.

p.s. Neverland wasn't just a home for Jackson either. It was a place for sick and disadvantaged kids that were bussed in to his amusement park to have fun for free. Neverland is no more because of a greedy family that took advantage of the naive Michael and attempting to extort money from him.

OMG.

Glad I gave you something to discuss.

There are times that I want to scream when I read all these posts extolling the greatness of Michael Jackson.

At the burial last week, and it has been said numerous times before, a journalist remarked, 'He was so important to all of us'.

No, really he was not that important to me. I am 10 years older and was employed at the time the Moonwalk and the sequined glove/socks were unveiled. His songs were played on radio stations I listened to in my 20's and I vaguely was aware of the transition from 'Little Michael Jackson'/of the Jackson Five to Michael Jackson. I was more concerned about paying the rent, maintaining a car--there was an Energy Crisis during this time, FYI and the latest dance moves were nothing to me.

There is no need for anyone to attempt to educate me on Michael Jackson any further.

I am not Deepak Chopra, Elizabeth Taylor or any sort of an enlightened, sophisticated being--how could I possibly, ever, ever, Understand Michael?

If you don't want people to speculate then don't do things that provoke speculation. My own brother had problems with addiction and was a sensitive soul. We buried him last year and we loved him in spite of himself.

I was hard pressed to 'feel' much for Ted Kennedy, too. I am certain he was loved by his family and friends and is missed.

You come into the world, do what you can do and then you move on, hopefully to a better place.

But, do I think/believe those who achieve Greatness on this plane are those who really contribute the most to society? No, I don't and won't and that is the end of the story.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:06 AM

444 posts, read 435,471 times
Do I think he molested children? Maybe

Do I think there were seriously weird things going on? Definitely

Was his funeral over the top and not necessary?? Absolutely

Am I over him already? Absotively Posilutely

On a side note......I think Walter Cronkite should have gotten WAY more coverage than Michael.......I'm just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.