Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Michael Jackson molest kids?
Yes 78 43.58%
No 101 56.42%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I hate to be such an ardent defender of Michael Jackson, since a lot of his personal life was strange to say the least, but the whole molestation thing is so bogus and illogical if you think about it. Out of all the kids who stayed at his house, you'd think there'd be tons of people coming forward. The two kids that did come forward turned out to be liars. I'm just saying...

I know enough about the cases and more than I care to know about Michael Jackson.

He was a performer of pop music. That is fine but it doesn't happen to approach true greatness in my book so I am less concerned with his life choices than some might be.

For example, I believe that those that serve in the military, healthcare professionals, teachers, preachers, ordinary people of all kinds leading boring, mundane lives and never really achieving financial security or great success are the 'great ones' in their anonymous way.

A man who made a sequined glove/socks famous during a music concert is already lower on my list than many others. Having heard truly horrific stories of those tortured for political reasons across the globe I guess it doesn't matter that much to me that his jackass of a father chose such a path for his family.

The ability to sing and dance cannot compare to truly putting others before yourself. Nothing that I have heard about Michael Jackson leads me to believe that he did that. A self-indulgent person and that just doesn't impress me.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:19 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,976 times
No, people misunderstood his childlike nature & him wanting to surround himself w/ young kids (esp. little boys) I think he severely suffered from Peter Pan syndrome, due to his lack of a childhood. I mean, the man had been performing since he was 6 years old. Also, I think people attacked him because of his gentle, kind nature, ppl knew MJ wasn't going to retaliate. Because of this, his reputation was forever tarnished.

RIP MJ, always & forever.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:41 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
It doesn't matter what any jury says, it's the court of public opinion that will keep this alive. And if people want to believe sick, nasty rumors, it is their problem.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Do you think Michael Jackson molested children?

NO

Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,274 times
Yes, I believe he molested the boy he paid $15.3 million in a civil lawsuit settlement back in 1993.

Would you settle if you weren't guilty?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
You know, I used to lean more towards yes but I met this one kid a while back ago who had a pretty unconventional childhood. The way he responds to things are very different from how you would think a "normal" kid would respond to things. He doesn't do anything wrong or inappropriate but just different. He's a little clingier than would I think boys his age usually are and he gets very close to you in a way that's a little uncomfortable but you know for him, it feels "normal". I don't want to go into details but it wasn't from abuse or anything of that nature. The point I am trying to make though is that our childhood shapes who we become as adults. Michael Jackson lead an extremely unconventional childhood and that shaped him into the man he became. It is quite possible that he was a child molester but I also think there are other explanations to his behavior. It doesn't matter now though - he should RIP. I hope people remember him as the talent that he was.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:15 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Come on people. Seriously, if this were Joe Blow living around the corner from you that acted like Jackson did, how would you view this neighbor of yours? "Oh, Joe's a good man, we don't think he's a child molester". Yeah, right.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:54 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,770 times
I do not think he was every guilty of this.... strange? yes. A monster? no way. I think he was just a kid himself, and he related well with them, they were his friends.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:01 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,973 times
No I don't believe so. I USED to back when the media blew it all out of proportion. But the more I studied the trial transcripts, etc, the more ashamed I felt at believing the media.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Come on people. Seriously, if this were Joe Blow living around the corner from you that acted like Jackson did, how would you view this neighbor of yours? "Oh, Joe's a good man, we don't think he's a child molester". Yeah, right.
IMO, it is the child's parents' responsibility to teach their kids to stay away from suspicious behaviour. Was Jackson a littly creepy? Absolutely. Don't blame Jackson for the parents agreeing to expose their kids to that atmosphere.

So I agree with your statement. I would be concerned with Joe Blow living around the corner acting creepy around my kids but I doubt Jackson was outside the gate of his Neverland Ranch enticing kids to come in from around the neighborhood. What you described and what Jackson did are, IMO, not the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities