U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-14-2009, 02:48 PM

7,495 posts, read 6,989,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick G View Post
If 50 cent were accepting an award, do you think Kanye would have tried some sh@t like that?

No! That would have been fun to see though. They are "bestest" of friends and all......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 02:49 PM

815 posts, read 1,166,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Of course, what else can one expect. Totally different audiences. It doesn't have much to do with race in this case. If it had been Timberlake instead of West, it would have been just as present in the media.
Very true, I was simply relaying what I had heard in regards to the reason behind Kanye's actions last night. The bigger picture is why we as Americans care more about stuff like the MTV Awards, than the stuff that really matters to us on a daily level.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Very true, I was simply relaying what I had heard in regards to the reason behind Kanye's actions last night. The bigger picture is why we as Americans care more about stuff like the MTV Awards, than the stuff that really matters to us on a daily level.
Only racist thugs do stuff like this. People with no class! Kanye West is a prime example of that kind of people.
Too bad some people support his actions. But I'm not supprised....

Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,664,079 times
Kanye is a scumbag. He can auto-tune/filter his voice for his music but he can't filter his outbursts. Again, he's a scumbag. Always has been, always will be.

and people he's not a thug. his mom was a phd professor. he grew up in suburban middleclass chicago.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 PM

815 posts, read 1,166,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Only racist thugs do stuff like this. People with no class! Kanye West is a prime example of that kind of people. Too bad some people support his actions. But I'm not supprised....

Only white racists use code words to like "thug" to describe basically every black male between the ages of 15-40. If you think Kanye is a thug, then Im sure you would think my gay hairstylist cousin is a thug also, as they look, act and dress almost exactly alike

5,748 posts, read 6,821,192 times
Quote:
Im actually not trying to make a statement, Kanye's manager himself said that is what Kanye's intentions were on V103 in Atlanta this morning. And thanks for the clarification on Mr. Wilson's title . And there is no way on earth that the "birther like" outburst from Mr. Wilson received more attention than Kanye's MTV outburst last night did. The proof is in the pudding, Kanye's outburst has received more internet hits and hate on blogs and message boards like this in less than one day than the Mr. Wilson's outburst has in almost a week.

...snip...

The bigger picture is why we as Americans care more about stuff like the MTV Awards, than the stuff that really matters to us on a daily level.
You can use all the eye rolling smilies you like, but your credibility takes a hit when you don't know the difference between a Senator and a Representative.

I think the West story will die very quickly, because it has limited context. West's manager can spin it any way he likes, but I doubt that most people will buy into the idea that Kanye's behavior was politically motivated. They'll ultimately chalk it up to his apparently normal antics.

The Wilson incident is part of a much larger story about the future of U.S. health care, and as such will have more longevity.

15,961 posts, read 8,378,727 times
Quote:
Maybe because things Obama have been in the media basically every day since the election campaign, maybe people are just a bit tired of Obama news stories unless they really affect them.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,664,079 times
Southpark was right, Kanye West is a Gay Fish. He loves his fish sticks.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Only white racists use code words to like "thug" to describe basically every black male between the ages of 15-40. If you think Kanye is a thug, then Im sure you would think my gay hairstylist cousin is a thug also, as they look, act and dress almost exactly alike
Oh so now Im a racist too? It's just getting better and better!If I told you I didn't vote for Obama I might as well join the KKK right?
And who said anything about looks? And clothing?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:11 PM

1,980 posts, read 1,941,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
Kanye is a scumbag. He can auto-tune/filter his voice for his music but he can't filter his outbursts. Again, he's a scumbag. Always has been, always will be.

and people he's not a thug. his mom was a phd professor. he grew up in suburban middleclass chicago.

Well then you would think his mom would of taught him how to speak, he sounds like a moron when he opens his mouth, to me he's a low class piece of ****. I don't care what his mother did for a living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities