Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 02:24 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
This whole situation is hilarious, Kanye's manager said on the radio this morning in Atlanta that Kanye said last week after that senator disrupted Obama's speech that he was going to make it a point to interrupt the first white person to win an award at the MTV Awards to highlight the disparity in the reaction between the two. Obviously the reaction last week about a white man interrupting a black man about a very serious subject didnt warrent nearly the amount of attention as what happened last night at a frickin awards show with a black man interrupting a white woman, so I would once again say I applaud Kanye for what he did, I see the bigger picture in his actions,. It is apparent that some of you do not
honestly this is way more important to you guys and myself at the end of the day.

politics >>>>>the VMA's

Although i still feel kinda sorry for Taylor Swift after reading this.

I was really excited because Kanye West was on the stage," Taylor told E! News. "And then, um, I wasn't so excited anymore after that."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 02:27 PM

815 posts, read 2,137,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Seriously? So two wrongs make a right? I'm sure Obama is relieved to know that Kanye has his back....whew....give me a break.
They sure dont, but Kanye realizes that sometimes you have to make an @ss out of yourself to make a point.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:31 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
In January 2006, West again sparked controversy when he appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone in the image of Jesus wearing a crown of thorns. In 2006 he told Playboy, "I throw up historical subjects in a way that makes kids want to learn about them," West claimed, "I'm definitely in the history books already."
From Wiki.

I guess he has an inferiority complex and thus wants to be in the limelight as much as possible, no matter at whose expense.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
They sure dont, but Kanye realizes that sometimes you have to make an @ss out of yourself to make a point.
No....he just overestimates his own importance.....He is an entertainer who no one takes that seriously as a person other than to look at as an example of how NOT to behave.....if he has some issues he wants to call attention to there are effective ways to do it without behaving like an idiot. It ends up taking away from the cause NOT helping it.....

Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Quote:
This whole situation is hilarious, Kanye's manager said on the radio this morning in Atlanta that Kanye said last week after that senator disrupted Obama's speech that he was going to make it a point to interrupt the first white person to win an award at the MTV Awards to highlight the disparity in the reaction between the two. Obviously the reaction last week about a white man interrupting a black man about a very serious subject didnt warrent nearly the amount of attention as what happened last night at a frickin awards show with a black man interrupting a white woman, so I would once again say I applaud Kanye for what he did, I see the bigger picture in his actions,. It is apparent that some of you do not
Are you kidding me? First of all, Joe Wilson is a Republican member of the House of Representatives, not the Senate, and should be addressed as Congressman or Representative Wilson. Second of all, I am appalled that you are trying to make the Kanye West incident into some sort of political statement about racism. The Wilson faux pas was a much bigger & more significant story than Kanye West for anybody who gets their news from a venue other than MTV. Get a grip!

Old 09-14-2009, 02:39 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,240,558 times

Old 09-14-2009, 02:39 PM

815 posts, read 2,137,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Are you kidding me? First of all, Joe Wilson is a Republican member of the House of Representatives, not a Senator, and should be addressed as Congressman or Representative Wilson. Second of all, I am appalled that you are trying to make the Kanye West incident into some sort of political statement about racism. The Wilson faux pas was a much bigger & more significant story than Kanye West for anybody over the age of 21 or who gets their news from a venue other than MTV. Get a grip!

Im actually not trying to make a statement, Kanye's manager himself said that is what Kanye's intentions were on V103 in Atlanta this morning. And thanks for the clarification on Mr. Wilson's title . And there is no way on earth that the "birther like" outburst from Mr. Wilson received more attention than Kanye's MTV outburst last night did. The proof is in the pudding, Kanye's outburst has received more internet hits and hate on blogs and message boards like this in less than one day than the Mr. Wilson's outburst has in almost a week.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
No....he just overestimates his own importance.....He is an entertainer who no one takes that seriously as a person other than to look at as an example of how NOT to behave.....if he has some issues he wants to call attention to there are effective ways to do it without behaving like an idiot. It ends up taking away from the cause NOT helping it.....

He's has no class, no brains, no anything. Beyonce showed class, not Kenye, he's a moron.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:46 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times

YouTube - MTV VMAs Remix: Kanye West Interrupts Obama's Speech (HD)

Whats up with all these people calling him a N!993R on youtube.

Last edited by mas23; 09-14-2009 at 03:02 PM..

Old 09-14-2009, 02:46 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Im actually not trying to make a statement, Kanye's manager himself said that is what Kanye's intentions were on V103 in Atlanta this morning. And thanks for the clarification on Mr. Wilson's title . And there is no way on earth that the "birther like" outburst from Mr. Wilson received more attention than Kanye's MTV outburst last night did. The proof is in the pudding, Kanye's outburst has received more internet hits and hate on blogs and message boards like this in less than one day than the Mr. Wilson's outburst has in almost a week.
Of course, what else can one expect. Totally different audiences. It doesn't have much to do with race in this case. If it had been Timberlake instead of West, it would have been just as present in the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities