Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 02:18 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
some never tell.

They are the ones that might commit suicide instead, or become abusers themselves.

Not saying I believe her or disbelieve her; or even what her real motivation is, be it monetary or otherwise.
Maybe this is the only way she's been told to deal with it...maybe it is all about the money,

I know a lady who had hypnosis to try & forget. Didn't work.
Exactly...I would even say most victims of sexual abuse never tell, especially when it involves a family member. Additionally, a lot of the times, the family will deny it as well. The person who was abused is often then turned into the enemy by spreading "lies". It is an awful situation that happens to children, especially girls, all too frequently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 02:24 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
She was 17, so she was borderline a child. In my opinion, a child cannot have consensual sex with their parent. The parent has a position of power and trust over the child. You have no idea as to what the lead up to this was, there were probably other forms of abuse leading up to this. You don't just decide to have sex with your parent one day.
she was 18. It happens once and you have the son of a bit*h arrested but you don't keep having sex with him IF you're a normal person.And it went on for 10 more years. Disgusting filth!!! She could have kept that information to herself and only shared it with a therapist.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:37 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
she was 18. It happens once and you have the son of a bit*h arrested but you don't keep having sex with him IF you're a normal person.And it went on for 10 more years. Disgusting filth!!! She could have kept that information to herself and only shared it with a therapist.
She wasn't a normal person, I think that is pretty obvious. She was obviously raised in an extremely unhealthy environment. Her dad supplied her with hardcore drugs from a young age, exposed to things that no child should be exposed to and then rape by her father at age 18. She is screwed up, no doubt, but the blame shouldn't be placed only on her.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:44 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I am not sure if this story is true or not. Given her past battles with drug abuse & mental illness, how can one take anything she says at face value? I have no idea what kind of person John Phillips was and if this is true or not but I am sure not going to believe it on her say so.

Unfortunately for her and the family there will never be a way to prove or disprove the story. Some people will probably get offended by this comment but why would you cheat on Michelle Phillips with McKenize Phillips?

Old 09-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
She wasn't a normal person, I think that is pretty obvious. She was obviously raised in an extremely unhealthy environment. Her dad supplied her with hardcore drugs from a young age, exposed to things that no child should be exposed to and then rape by her father at age 18. She is screwed up, no doubt, but the blame shouldn't be placed only on her.
I,for one, am not placing ALL the blame on her. I do however think she allowed it to go on and God forbid perhaps enjoyed it. *insert a throw up moment here *
The details she is now revealing in order,I'm sure, to make a few bucks ( I wouldn't read the book if it were free!!!!) are so sordid that she should have kept them locked away in that deranged mind of hers. What purpose did it serve anyone to read or hear about a 10 year sexual affair with her own father???
AND I'm sick and tired of these go*damn druggies coming forth with all their "oh I was on drugs so I get a pass for all my bad behavior........boohoo.......the drugs made me do it" Well who the hell made them do the drugs? No druggie gets sympathy from me.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 PM

444 posts, read 799,133 times
I know that she has serious problems. But I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that she kept doing it for 10 freaking years.......I just can't believe that during those years SOMEONE didn't get a hinky feeling and ask some questions.

I read today that she got preganant when she was sleeping with her father AND her step-brother and had an abortion.....sooooo......sleeping with your father makes it OK to sleep with your ENTIRE family????

It's just too disturbing for words.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:13 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I,for one, am not placing ALL the blame on her. I do however think she allowed it to go on and God forbid perhaps enjoyed it. *insert a throw up moment here *
The details she is now revealing in order,I'm sure, to make a few bucks ( I wouldn't read the book if it were free!!!!) are so sordid that she should have kept them locked away in that deranged mind of hers. What purpose did it serve anyone to read or hear about a 10 year sexual affair with her own father???
AND I'm sick and tired of these go*damn druggies coming forth with all their "oh I was on drugs so I get a pass for all my bad behavior........boohoo.......the drugs made me do it" Well who the hell made them do the drugs? No druggie gets sympathy from me.
Thank whatever God you pray to that you never had an addiction.

It controls you, not the other way around.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:32 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Amen, abused kids grow up to be troubled adults.
I worked as a psych nurse and saw some results of stupid, sick parenting. Fortunatly,there are people of compassion who offer some non judgemental help and the hope of recovering to responsible adults before its too late.I hope she finds it. I am sure she is almost incapable of making a rational desicion anymore. Being fed drugs by ones own parent, then having a sexual relationship to add to the horror couldnt ever lead to a "normal" life.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

go ahead and waste yor time feeling sorry for them and buy into their "oh it was the drugs" crap. I have an addict in my family. I know what it can do and we tried helping him over and over................they have to help themselves or die. Either way-THEY make choices and it's not up to me to feel sympathy for them. When an addict dies due to their choice--so be it. When one continues to screw up and let's the drug be the driving force in all their bad choices-screw em. No one MAKES them do the drug the first,second or more times...........

Old 09-24-2009, 05:27 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Apparently you didn't read my last post.

I am a recovering alcoholic and druggie with nearly 24 years sobriety.

From the first drink I ever took I was hooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities