Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:06 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Let me help you out a bit then ; youre not supposed to be morally-apathetic . You know inherently that Adultery is wrong and youre not supposed to be indifferent about it because the more it goes on , the easier it is to accept , which becomes an eventual permissable lifestyle degrading an entire Nation. You are not supposed to suppress your moral conscience and laugh it off like Lettermans audience did. It is quite alright to feel some outrage about a popular TV Host that flippantly confesses that he cheated on his new wife with a couple of women on his Staff . Have you become such a Zombie from our morally sick Culture , that you choose to dismiss what is wrong and make your plea that its no big deal ? Have some compassion for his new wife, at least. Break free from the delusion our Culture encourages that promotes Narcissism thru wrongful Hedonism -- and take a stand for whats right instead of blowing it off to the Tolerance Philosophy of today . If you dont, your children will become greater desensitized to right from wrong ; and I know deep inside you dont want that.

Sorry if i sound like I came down on you hard, but, the apathy that is so widespread in this Nation toward Immorality really alarms me and makes me sick .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Thanks. The only reason I have a good handle on whats right from wrong is because I get the truth on matters from an UNchanging Source : The Bible , which many wise people such as Presidents, Kings, Scientists, Generals, Butchers/Bakers/and Candlestick Makers have trusted. The Bible doesnt call people to be tolerant (apathetic) of wrong behavior,actions, and motives ., so i refuse to play the culture charade of any immoral act being permissable.

Yes, Ive certainly done things which were not good ; does that nullify what David Letterman flippantly confessed to on national TV to which people laughed over ? This IS the correct Forum for voicing ones thoughts and opinion based on truth ,isnt it ?
this is the correct forum even if you don't agree with others--it's frustrating when one has an opinion on an issue on cd and some posters take it as an excuse to insult or demean

as far as letterman goes wonder how insecure their staff were to have to resort to bedding with him---YECH!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:13 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
this is the correct forum even if you don't agree with others--it's frustrating when one has an opinion on an issue on cd and some posters take it as an excuse to insult or demean

as far as letterman goes wonder how insecure their staff were to have to resort to bedding with him---YECH!

No one likes to be preached at. That's why forums for religion were established.
Stating one's opinion and shoving one's religious zealot rants down others throats are entirely different things.
Who the hell said his staff were insecure and felt they had to have sex with him??? I don't recall reading that nor hearing anything from his staff. Maybe -just maybe- it was conseunsual sex between consenting-not related adults. Some people like sex just for sex.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,061 times
Originally Posted by RVlover
When did matters of morality , ethics, responsible parenting , and chasing after fame and prestige at the expense of raising children.... become a religious thing ?! No..Im pretty sure Im in the right Forum for the subject matter at hand. But thanks .

I love the ignore feature available here so......

Youve confirmed my assertion toward our present Culture and those who wish to follow it : Moral Apathy. If you plan on staying home with your kids and teaching them...will they carry the torch forward (?)

Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,061 times
'... shoving one's religious zealot rants down others throats are entirely different things'

REPLY: Appealing to morality, ethics, responsible parenting, and the like as a Standard...is called 'religious ranting' !!!? You certainly jest do you not ? If those things are 'religious rants' , then people who rant against them are Religious Ranters as well Welcome aboard the Religious Rant railway ; take a seat and the Conductor will be by momentarily !

Old 10-02-2009, 02:04 PM

111 posts, read 235,191 times
Do we really feel that anyone in the public eye is signing up to be some kind of moral leader? Are we supposed to teach our children moral values or point to celebrities and say "follow their lead." David Letterman signed up to be a comedian and talk show host and NOTHING MORE. His personal life is none of our business.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:45 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra23 View Post
Do we really feel that anyone in the public eye is signing up to be some kind of moral leader?
Exactly. It seems like the people who want to dictate the lives of others in order to have a strict "moral" code for their own children are also the ones that are the most fervently nationalistic. It seems very Un-American and anti-freedom and self-determination to me, but sadly this is what this country has turned into, especially in the South. There is no acknowledgment of human-ness or willingness to let other people be free adults and live their lives. It's why when you go to Mississippi or other social-control, fire and brimstone places you drive down the street and see bar-church-strip club-church-bail bondsman-church.... It's the atmosphere the breeds Ted Haggards--a pathology.

Last edited by brattpowered; 10-02-2009 at 02:53 PM..

Old 10-02-2009, 02:49 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
Quote:
Do we really feel that anyone in the public eye is signing up to be some kind of moral leader? Are we supposed to teach our children moral values or point to celebrities and say "follow their lead." David Letterman signed up to be a comedian and talk show host and NOTHING MORE. His personal life is none of our business.

And I dont think any of us are walking on water.
"Judge not, lest ye be judged", or something like that.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 PM

531 posts, read 2,899,152 times
Quote:
Letterman himself is the one who spent 10 minutes talking about his personal life to millions upon millions of people.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:56 PM

111 posts, read 235,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Letterman himself is the one who spent 10 minutes talking about his personal life to millions upon millions of people.
Well, sure, he knew it was about to be plastered all over the news and figured he'd get ahead of things and talk about it himself. Given the choice, do you really think he would want the whole world talking about his sex life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities