Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:58 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
While I"m sorry that you and the kids had to go through this (I am from a divorced family as well and my mother never received one penny from my dad as they were divorced in another country a long, long time ago (1968), I don't think that Jon is going to abandon his kids. If anything, it's a control tool for him (taking out this money and leaving her with $1,000 left in the account. I am sure that this will be taken care of by her lawyer.

I should edit my post and say (after reading some of the other links provided by other posters) that it is quite possible that this whole allegation is a made-up by Kate to gain public sympathy as many women have been indeed scr*wed over by their husbands at divorce time. Of course, it can go the other way as well. Bottom line is that divorces are messy, especially when they are high profile and a lot of money is involved.
so true---mine was even with no monies to be gained--it depends on the parties involved----an amicable divorce is always best for everyone.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:05 AM

saw the tail end of larry king last nite discussing this--lots of support for kate and what they said made sense--especially what the family therapist/psychologist said-----i think the show's transcripts are on line---i can't remember enough to quote accurately

Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
saw the tail end of larry king last nite discussing this--lots of support for kate and what they said made sense--especially what the family therapist/psychologist said-----i think the show's transcripts are on line---i can't remember enough to quote accurately
I hope they said the divorce needs to be finalized and they all need to get on with their lives.

From Kate's remark on the Today Show--'Call me crazy but I hope that one day I will pick up the phone and the old Jon will be back...' someone/on TV thought this meant she would like to reconcile. LoL

Old 10-07-2009, 06:37 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
They have rehab for being self-involved jerks? Wow.....they could do a brisk business....
LOL

I know a few people I would like to give a one way ticket to so they can get some rehab.

This is what divorce can do to some, bring out the bad nasty side that laid dormant before. I know about it all too well.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:30 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times
FWIW I saw Jon on TV saying that they had many bank accounts. She made it sound like he left her only $1000 to live on. As others pointed out, they made a great deal of money from the show, the books, the lectures etc. People are tired of hearing how these rich folks are struggling, hope TLC finds a new interest for the public, although a train wreck is always popular..........

Old 10-15-2009, 05:17 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times
I saw Kate on a morning show pretending to cry again... claiming that she doesn't have money to pay her bills. What a messed up drama queen.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I saw Kate on a morning show pretending to cry again... claiming that she doesn't have money to pay her bills. What a messed up drama queen.

umm the JUDGE determined he DID take all the money and he is ordered to RETURN it---how can anyone SUPPORT a lying narcisstic,steal money from the kids person--he would make ANYONE mad enough to cry!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
umm the JUDGE determined he DID take all the money and he is ordered to RETURN it---how can anyone SUPPORT a lying narcisstic,steal money from the kids person--he would make ANYONE mad enough to cry!!!
I thought they were also directed to handle the matter privately but I didn't think that would be possible.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
I am guessing that Kate had access to money somewhere. But if he wasn't supposed to take the money, and he did, then he's wrong. From the outside, it looks like Kate spends money on the household bills, the kids, and her hair, tanning, and clothing. Jon apparently bought multiple cars and a couple condos. It looks like he's spending money like crazy on things that are for him and him alone. Selfish. No way to act when you are a father of 8 kids.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:36 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times
Quote:
Um... I don't care what the JUDGE said. I am giving MY opinion, which is my right, and I say she is exaggerating and acting. Anyone with common sense knows she's lying when she says she can't pay her bills.

How anyone can support a verbally and emotionally abusive narcissistic woman who exploits her children for moneuy, trips and freebies would make anyone shake their head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities