Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 03:56 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,979 times

Advertisements

from what i could tell by watching her, she is very good at multitasking and taking care of so many children. she's organized in a good way not harsh. she's pretty good at what she does and she seems to be a pretty good parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 04:06 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Anyone can call CPS about anything (and often do -just for spite) - has CPS actually gotten involved? My guess is they haven't but if you know otherwise, feel free to enlighten.
I will have to find the article I saw online saying that CPS or another agency like them was contacted. I believe the huge outcry was from a group of people that felt that Jon and Kate were over doing it with the show, that the children were being exploited, and something about making sure that they were within child labor laws. Again this happened months ago, and quite a few people feel that way.

Quote:
As I mentioned and you confirmed, they are NOT currently filming - the "why" doesn't really matter...
I strongly disagree. She is in limbo now because of legal issues that Jon brought up, and from TLC being bombarded with complaints about the children's welfare. I personally feel that she is more wrapped up in being a celebrity and all the perks that come with it than she is considering her children's feelings or security. Once the dust settles between herself, Jon and TLC, they will be back on television, guaranteed. Kate has got to keep her lifestyle up somehow.

Quote:
I never said the parenting was good or that there weren't valid reasons for feeling sorry for the kids - but the level of abuse CPS tends to get involved with is much worse. Now, if perhaps the CPS office in her area is so underutilized that they have the time to deal with children of annoying parents who demean each other and act like hormone driven teens well....then go for it...I agree the situation is sad for the kids but IMO (and I certainly hope in the opinion of CPS) those services need to protect the kids whose little lives are in danger first.
apparently no agency has taken action against either of parents.

Quote:
Another alternative is that Jon could take full custody....I'm sure he'll be up for the job.
Oh good lord I doubt it.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:14 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
It was already brought to CPS's attention, and they had to examine the situation. That's a matter of opinion. If you don't consider little children being exposed to the public on television when it wasn't their choice, and needing security to go to the freaking store, then our opinions differ.

I didn't call them.

Agreed.
I thought it was more like the labor dept looking into it or something.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Very possible.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I believe you are correct - and it had to do with whether being on the show was considered "working" and if so, the hours should be limited or possibly not allowed. All valid concerns but only if they are actually being filmed.

Quote:
I will have to find the article I saw online saying that CPS or another agency like them was contacted
Again, big difference between contacted and the agency taking action.

Quote:
I strongly disagree.
Well, you can disagree all you'd like - they are currently NOT being filmed so the fact that the filming might be considered exploitative isn't currently relevent. Frankly, I hope it never goes back on the air and the only reason Jon stopped filming is because he wasn't going to be getting his cut. If they agreed to keep the money flowing to him, he'd sign in a heartbeat.

Obviously Jon is not in a position to step up and probably wouldn't even if he was; so like it or not, Kate is the best thing they have going at the moment. No matter how icky she is.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 AM

444 posts, read 799,416 times
Quote:
Another alternative is that Jon could take full custody....I'm sure he'll be up for the job.
Oh please tell me you forgot the rolly eyes emoticon here..........

If Jon ever gets full custody, I will call CPS myself.
Him in charge would be like putting another kid in charge of 8 other kids......they all have about the same maturity level....

Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post

Him in charge would be like putting another kid in charge of 8 other kids......they all have about the same maturity level....
Of course. The eyeroll was implied..

Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
wish i could rep the above 2 posters--i agree!

Old 11-12-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:

Well, you can disagree all you'd like -
You're correct, and so can the many thousands of people that feel the same way.

Quote:
they are currently NOT being filmed so the fact that the filming might be considered exploitative isn't currently relevent.
Oh geeze, let's stop beating a dead horse. The damage has already been done to those kids whether they stopped taping a month ago or five minutes ago.
Quote:
Frankly, I hope it never goes back on the air and the only reason Jon stopped filming is because he wasn't going to be getting his cut. If they agreed to keep the money flowing to him, he'd sign in a heartbeat.
And Kate would get the highest salary of them all.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi~mi View Post

Agreed, and let's hope that Kate's obsessive compulsive disorder has been addressed, that she has learned to stop screaming at the kids for dumb things such as getting gum on their sock, or melted ice cream on their shirts. The "favorite moments" show the other night proved what an inbalanced person Kate has been. She even admitted she has gotten a lot of flack for her behavior from people.

I will say this -- Kate admitted she screwed up. I was impressed by that because often, it's hard to admit you're wrong. If she truly changes, I will be happy for her and the children. I also hope that she and Jon can stop the publicity seeking, that Jon gets over his pre-mature mid life crisis and they get back to raising their children quietly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities