U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-29-2009, 12:53 PM

2,255 posts, read 3,564,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Bluepacific, didn't hear and or read that there are pending charges. Do you have anything on that? All I am getting is that the police is only investigating the crash.
Actually this was first spoken about at the beginning of all the breaking news stories. All of the early reports had the comments of charles sill pending or possible, but no one has known against who or what. Check out all the links at the beginning of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl
Also, does anyone think Tiger is waiting to see what Rachel and her attorney will say before making his statement? Why in the world would this unknown person have to get an attorney if she has no involvement with this athlete? If it were me and someone mentioned that I was involved with the guy, there would be no need for an attorney and or press conference just a statement and keep it moving.
I think he is getting advice from lawyers and other PR damage control people. It does'nt make sense if it was some little innocent fender bumper in your own drive that you'd be holding back. Most folks would have told the police smething there on the spot and done with it. There has to be more substance to this cake than just a few innocent layers of the frosting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 01:56 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,833,593 times
Ok, now Tiger has canceled another meeting with police. Says the accident is his fault, is embarrassing and that his wife acted courageously. So if that is the case what the heck happened? Not buying it, guess he is expecting the entire thing to go away? He has not rescheduled with the police.

For 3rd time, Woods cancels meeting with police (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/27/national/a114827S73.DTL&tsp=1 - broken link)

Old 11-29-2009, 02:28 PM

6,131 posts, read 3,722,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Ok, now Tiger has canceled another meeting with police. Says the accident is his fault, is embarrassing and that his wife acted courageously. So if that is the case what the heck happened? Not buying it, guess he is expecting the entire thing to go away? He has not rescheduled with the police.

For 3rd time, Woods cancels meeting with police (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/27/national/a114827S73.DTL&tsp=1 - broken link)
What Tiger did was basically admit the rumors are true, otherwise he would have immediately denied the rumors. Since Tiger is a public figure most people believe he owes the public an explanation of what happened. For Tiger to say that Elin acted courageously to help him is bunk. He has decided to keep the matter private, which will make the National Enquirer and TMZ to go after him. In my opinion he has handled this all wrong. He should have admitted the truth like a real man and dealt with the consequences like a real man. Now, he faces much more scrutiny and almost certain embarrassment. He can run, but he can't hide....

Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 PM

2,255 posts, read 3,564,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
What Tiger did was basically admit the rumors are true, otherwise he would have immediately denied the rumors. Since Tiger is a public figure most people believe he owes the public an explanation of what happened. For Tiger to say that Elin acted courageously to help him is bunk. He has decided to keep the matter private, which will make the National Enquirer and TMZ to go after him. In my opinion he has handled this all wrong. He should have admitted the truth like a real man and dealt with the consequences like a real man. Now, he faces much more scrutiny and almost certain embarrassment. He can run, but he can't hide....
I can almost here the Woods' telephone ringing off the hook from sponsors wanting to pull out of contracts and endorsements deals.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:00 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,833,593 times
highcotton, I totally agree with you. Just look at Kobe he admitted what he did because he had to but he is a shinning star still, as is most of the celebs that have infidelities. Tiger doesn't even need to go into the detail of the affair. It is clear that he is protecting his wife, reputation and trying to make things right. All he has to say is that my wife and I had a disagreement and I left the house and it resulted in a car crash because in a rage he left his house not paying attention to the hydrant and tree. Of course we would know this to be a lie.

Saying nothing at this time is really, really bad. The rags will operate like the FBI and get all the evidence they need to throw what we already know into his face. Yeah, he wants to keep things private but it will not go his way unfortunately. Once he starts winning awards again all will be forgotten. If he continues the silent treatment, the privacy thing will blow up in his face.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:04 PM

Tiger Needs To Explain Everything, NOW!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:37 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,517,679 times
since the alleged mistriss has now retained Gloria Alred I think we shall learn a lot.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:05 PM

1,557 posts, read 2,080,818 times
Really Tiger doesn't owe ANYONE an explanation. He is a public figure but he has the right to be silent if you think about it.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:18 PM

754 posts, read 1,511,685 times
I don't think he needs to or has to explain anything. He says I got into an accident that is my fault, it's embarrassing, the rumors are false and that's the end of it. People want it to be some huge elaborate controversy, and it might be, (which I highly doubt) but as of now he got into a crash in his driveway and doesn't owe anyone anything except what he's already stated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woods' Statement On Crash

"As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.
This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.
This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.
The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.
This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be. -- Source: tigerwoods.com

Old 11-29-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
I don't think he needs to or has to explain anything. He says I got into an accident that is my fault, it's embarrassing, the rumors are false and that's the end of it. People want it to be some huge elaborate controversy, and it might be, (which I highly doubt) but as of now he got into a crash in his driveway and doesn't owe anyone anything except what he's already stated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woods' Statement On Crash

"As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.
This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.
This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.
The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.
This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be. -- Source: tigerwoods.com
I think you already believe (as 95% of people do) that Tiger is lying when he says the rumors are false and unfounded. Something tells me that TMZ and the National Enquirer will not back-off now...because they have a story to tell. If, on the other hand, Tiger had admitted the TRUTH that he was having an affair - there is no more story, no more rumors. It is what it is. But, he has decided to lie about it. The National Enquirer and TMZ are loving it - they are licking their chops. Watch what happens now! Tiger has a big target on his back now and they will prove him to be lying when he says the rumors are false and unfounded.

Either Tiger has received terrible advice on how to deal with this situation, or Tiger didn't listen to the experts and has made a terrible decision on how to deal with it. He literally screwed to cause the situation and has screwed up again in dealing with it.

It's true that Tiger does not have to reveal his private life, however he is a huge public figure. When you are a public figure your private life is oftentimes lived in a fishbowl.

This ain't over by a long shot. I see trouble ahead for Tiger - with a change in his persona, with the media, with his golf game, with his fans and reputation, with his future endorsement abilities, and sadly...with his wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities