U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-20-2009, 12:04 PM

6,131 posts, read 3,713,494 times

Advertisements

John Gillies, the FBI special agent in charge of the Miami division, last week gave a summary of his office's caseload to a West Boca Chamber of Commerce meeting. He also outlined the FBI's priorities, which include reining in corruption, a problem Gillies deemed the nation's No. 1 threat.

Gillies said transgressors are adept at rationalizing their untrustworthy behavior. He gave examples of the types of excuses that FBI agents typically hear: "I'm not hurting anybody." Or "I deserve this." And especially: "Everybody does it."

But rationalization isn't OK, Gillies said, whether it's coming from an elected official, an attorney — or a golf icon.

Yes, Gillies even had harsh words for Tiger Woods, now caught in an ethics scandal involving allegations of his adultery with a virtual harem of women. Speaking of Woods' wife, Elin, he said, "She trusted Tiger, and he violated that trust. For kids who look up to him, it's disappointing."
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Elin Nordegren Wants Full and Sole Custody of Tiger Woods’ Children After Divorce

Old 12-20-2009, 12:58 PM

What if Tiger Woods cheated at golf? (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/1944772,CST-SPT-rick17.article - broken link)

Old 12-20-2009, 01:33 PM

3,661 posts, read 4,897,221 times
"It is reported the ex-model had been prepared to discuss joint custody arrangements with Woods, but his refusal to see a doctor for his reported sex addiction has prompted Elin, 29, to limit his involvement in the children's lives.

One of Elin's close friends told the Sunday Mirror: 'She can't believe Tiger's behaviour. He says he wants to save the marriage, but he's not doing anything about it.

'He's hiding out like a child and refusing to go to rehab to get the treatment he needs. She's so mad at him, she's flipping out.

'Everyone wants Tiger to get treatment and going down that road was his only real chance of delaying the divorce, but he wouldn't even sit through therapy.

'Elin has had enough now,' the friend told the newspaper. 'She's made up her mind that she's going for custody.'

But legal experts told the Sunday Mirror Elin is unlikely to win full custody as Woods' home state of Florida is 'dad-friendly' and his serial cheating would not count unless Elin can prove his behaviour made him 'a detriment' to his children.

Tiger Woods' mother is 'angry and disappointed' over son's infidelity | Mail Online

Old 12-20-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
"It is reported the ex-model had been prepared to discuss joint custody arrangements with Woods, but his refusal to see a doctor for his reported sex addiction has prompted Elin, 29, to limit his involvement in the children's lives.

One of Elin's close friends told the Sunday Mirror: 'She can't believe Tiger's behaviour. He says he wants to save the marriage, but he's not doing anything about it.

'He's hiding out like a child and refusing to go to rehab to get the treatment he needs. She's so mad at him, she's flipping out.

'Everyone wants Tiger to get treatment and going down that road was his only real chance of delaying the divorce, but he wouldn't even sit through therapy.

'Elin has had enough now,' the friend told the newspaper. 'She's made up her mind that she's going for custody.'

But legal experts told the Sunday Mirror Elin is unlikely to win full custody as Woods' home state of Florida is 'dad-friendly' and his serial cheating would not count unless Elin can prove his behaviour made him 'a detriment' to his children.

Tiger Woods' mother is 'angry and disappointed' over son's infidelity | Mail Online
Sad, really sad. I still say that Tiger is a suicide risk. He's not using good judgement, and I don't think he's listening to experts. He's cracking up...

Old 12-20-2009, 02:46 PM

10,343 posts, read 7,329,195 times
Report: Tiger Woods Passes Time With Cartoons, Night Golf

NYPost.com

The troubled athlete now spends his days in seclusion

After all that time cavorting with an endless stream of floozies, Tiger Woods is now just a sad lone wolf.
The golf great has been spending his days in seclusion -- eating cereal and watching cartoons -- and his nights hitting golf balls to clear his head since his carefully crafted world unraveled following revelations of rampant womanizing that drove his wife out the door, it was reported yesterday.
Woods has isolated himself from even his closest friends since wife Elin Nordegren learned of his philandering ways, leading those close to him to worry he might be "cracking up."

There is a real concern among his friends that he is dealing with the situation in a very unhealthy way," a source told the London Sun.
Former NBA star -- a close Tiger friend -- said he had been reaching out to Woods but had no luck contacting him.

"I've been trying to get to him and can't. It's very frustrating," Barkley said. "Hey, man, we love you. If you need anything, pick up the phone."

Woods has not been seen in public since a bizarre Thanksgiving-weekend car crash outside his Florida home led to an endless stream of stories about steamy affairs, several of them long term.

Goes to show that money ain't everything. He's lost everything that really matters.

FOXNews.com - Report: Tiger Woods Passes Time With Cartoons, Night Golf

Old 12-20-2009, 05:25 PM

2,020 posts, read 2,656,550 times
He's filthy rich, famous and only married for show. The guy likes to bed women and does. To call it a sex addiction is just insane. He was living the single life as a married guy and got caught. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

The women were playmates for him when he was on the road or when his wife was not around. The fact that there are so many really doesn't mean much. There have been plenty of baseball rumors about players having a woman in every city they play in and they hook up when the player is in town. Imagine if they all came forward? It would look like the player was a sex maniac when in reality it's just a cast of women that the player gets in touch with when the mood strikes.

It's not unheard of for men to want sex everyday. That doesn't make them an addict.

What I find really strange is obviously someone in Tiger's inner sanctum is leaking stuff to the media otherwise how would they know he is eating cereal and watching cartoons all day? I would think that Tiger, as an extremely private person, would cut loose whoever he is hanging with if he saw the news reports and knew someone was talking.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:45 PM

10,343 posts, read 7,329,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
He's filthy rich, famous and only married for show. The guy likes to bed women and does. To call it a sex addiction is just insane. He was living the single life as a married guy and got caught. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

The women were playmates for him when he was on the road or when his wife was not around. The fact that there are so many really doesn't mean much. There have been plenty of baseball rumors about players having a woman in every city they play in and they hook up when the player is in town. Imagine if they all came forward? It would look like the player was a sex maniac when in reality it's just a cast of women that the player gets in touch with when the mood strikes.

It's not unheard of for men to want sex everyday. That doesn't make them an addict.

What I find really strange is obviously someone in Tiger's inner sanctum is leaking stuff to the media otherwise how would they know he is eating cereal and watching cartoons all day? I would think that Tiger, as an extremely private person, would cut loose whoever he is hanging with if he saw the news reports and knew someone was talking.
Great point.......he betrayed the only people he could really trust.....his family.

The associates and friends are ratting him out for inside info. Wow.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:08 PM

1,773 posts, read 376,984 times
Ok, I'm sure I'm going to get raked over the coals for this, but I thought of this the other day. Chris Brown beat up his girlfriend, Michael Vick was involved with dog fighting & killing dogs...Tiger Woods cheated on his wife & he seems to be getting persecuted more severely not only from the press & his fans but also from companies he was doing endorsement deals with. Somehow, I just don't agree with the level of animosity that is being directed towards him. Yes, he's a jerk for doing what he did & I don't condone his actions AT ALL, however the actions of those other two were much worse in my book yet they seem to have gotten off scott free, or at least w/a slap on the wrist. Again, what he did was horrible however not major crimes. I'm sorry, that's how I feel. I know, I'll wait for the beatings to begin.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:54 PM

12,328 posts, read 7,772,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Ok, I'm sure I'm going to get raked over the coals for this, but I thought of this the other day. Chris Brown beat up his girlfriend, Michael Vick was involved with dog fighting & killing dogs...Tiger Woods cheated on his wife & he seems to be getting persecuted more severely not only from the press & his fans but also from companies he was doing endorsement deals with. Somehow, I just don't agree with the level of animosity that is being directed towards him. Yes, he's a jerk for doing what he did & I don't condone his actions AT ALL, however the actions of those other two were much worse in my book yet they seem to have gotten off scott free, or at least w/a slap on the wrist. Again, what he did was horrible however not major crimes. I'm sorry, that's how I feel. I know, I'll wait for the beatings to begin.

Michael Vick and Chris Brown were/are not in the same league with Tiger Woods. They were not selling their wholesome personal image to the world via multimillion dollar deals.

The fact is that very few people knew much of anything about Vick and Brown until they pulled their lousy stunts. We were not invited into their professed clean-living life style. They were not just voted AP's Athlete of the Decade.

Most of us were duped by Tiger. We resent it. He has proven himself to be swamp trash and has treated his family like they mean nothing to him. Should be be mad? You betcha'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities