U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 06:57 PM

4,074 posts, read 7,335,647 times

Advertisements

Woods has vowed to quit golf for at least the next 12 months

Woods has vowed to quit golf for at least the next 12 months, according to the newspaper, with the devastated star telling aides he feels "helpless" and is "not in control" of his life.

The aides also say the star is fighting deep-seated "personal issues", including his use of pain medication like Vicodin and sleeping tablets Ambien.

A source told News of the World: "Tiger is a broken man, on the edge and unable to come to terms with what's happening in his life.

"He has made it clear that he doesn't want to do anything on the golf course in the next year.

"He has realised that his golf tour life has become a no-holds-barred non-stop party. But he reckons things will blow over."

According to the friend, the Swedish former model isn't even bothered whether Woods, 33, is still in contact with his mistresses.

"She couldn't give a hoot," said the friend. "She couldn't care less if he wants to ruin his life some more. 'Let him see them if he wants' is her attitude.

"Tiger is his own worst enemy because at the start, Elin was sympathetic towards him. He was so physically and emotionally ill, she was thinking of giving him a second chance. But Tiger's refusal to go into therapy is the last straw."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 07:00 PM

4,074 posts, read 7,335,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Most of us were duped by Tiger. We resent it.
That's how I feel. And I wasn't even interested in golf. Yet I still fell for the extremely "clean, successful, a deity" image.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:28 PM

6,131 posts, read 5,877,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Woods has vowed to quit golf for at least the next 12 months

Woods has vowed to quit golf for at least the next 12 months, according to the newspaper, with the devastated star telling aides he feels "helpless" and is "not in control" of his life.

The aides also say the star is fighting deep-seated "personal issues", including his use of pain medication like Vicodin and sleeping tablets Ambien.

A source told News of the World: "Tiger is a broken man, on the edge and unable to come to terms with what's happening in his life.

"He has made it clear that he doesn't want to do anything on the golf course in the next year.

"He has realised that his golf tour life has become a no-holds-barred non-stop party. But he reckons things will blow over."

According to the friend, the Swedish former model isn't even bothered whether Woods, 33, is still in contact with his mistresses.

"She couldn't give a hoot," said the friend. "She couldn't care less if he wants to ruin his life some more. 'Let him see them if he wants' is her attitude.

"Tiger is his own worst enemy because at the start, Elin was sympathetic towards him. He was so physically and emotionally ill, she was thinking of giving him a second chance. But Tiger's refusal to go into therapy is the last straw."
WOW!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:30 PM

Tiger's 'TW' apparel losing some of its appeal

As outrage over Tiger Woods' infidelities grew, Larry Sugarman looked at the stacks of Woods-branded Nike apparel sitting untouched on his store's shelves and made a shrewd business decision.

Sugarman, who owns two Palm Beach Golf Center stores, sent a message to those on his registered e-mail list: "Because Tiger Woods is in Elin's doghouse, you can save $$$."

Sugarman slashed the Nike "TW" brand shirts and shoes by 40 percent; the caps by 25 percent. And he called his distributor to cancel all orders of Woods' merchandise, mainly because Woods is taking an indefinite leave from professional golf.

"Get 'em while they last," Sugarman concluded in his message. "It's quite possible that they will be collector's items."

National marketing analysts say it's too soon to gauge the damage to the Woods brand after he admitted to extramarital affairs. But anecdotal evidence in these final shopping days before Christmas told Sugarman it was time to make room for Tiger on the clearance racks.

"There's a certain percentage of people who don't want anything to do with Tiger Woods," Sugarman said.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:33 PM

1,773 posts, read 860,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
That's how I feel. And I wasn't even interested in golf. Yet I still fell for the extremely "clean, successful, a deity" image.
I know. I have to say, when I first heard about this I was like "WHAT??? Tiger Woods? No way, he just seems so.....normal." Not in anyway like one of those celebrities that would do that. Guess it just goes to show, anyone can fall to that kind of behavior.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Michael Vick and Chris Brown were/are not in the same league with Tiger Woods. They were not selling their wholesome personal image to the world via multimillion dollar deals.

The fact is that very few people knew much of anything about Vick and Brown until they pulled their lousy stunts. We were not invited into their professed clean-living life style. They were not just voted AP's Athlete of the Decade.

Most of us were duped by Tiger. We resent it. He has proven himself to be swamp trash and has treated his family like they mean nothing to him. Should be be mad? You betcha'!
Yeah, you're right. About the whole public image thing. I still feel a little bit bad about it...for everyone involved....except for the money hungry girls who knew he was married & are now trying to get a buck telling their story.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:50 PM

15,086 posts, read 13,571,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Yeah, you're right. About the whole public image thing. I still feel a little bit bad about it...for everyone involved....except for the money hungry girls who knew he was married & are now trying to get a buck telling their story.
I agree 100%.

I feel sorrow about the entire situation. No one likes to see a family destroyed like this. No one wants to see someone who was considered such an icon of the all-around-nice-guy coupled with excellent sportsman fall from grace.

However, having said that, I am no longer a fan of Tiger Woods and I had been a fan for years and years.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I agree 100%.

I feel sorrow about the entire situation. No one likes to see a family destroyed like this. No one wants to see someone who was considered such an icon of the all-around-nice-guy coupled with excellent sportsman fall from grace.

However, having said that, I am no longer a fan of Tiger Woods and I had been a fan for years and years.
Oh, that's too bad that you're not a fan anymore. I was never a fan, just because I'm not into golf I guess, but I can see where you're coming from. There are certain bands that I don't like, Oasis comes to mind, because their public persona is just so obnoxious....but I have to admit, I do like some of their songs. But that is neither here nor there....everyone has a right to their opinion...I guess I just can't hate him that much but I do understand those, such as you, who would not be a fan anymore.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:15 PM

15,086 posts, read 13,571,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Oh, that's too bad that you're not a fan anymore. I was never a fan, just because I'm not into golf I guess, but I can see where you're coming from. There are certain bands that I don't like, Oasis comes to mind, because their public persona is just so obnoxious....but I have to admit, I do like some of their songs. But that is neither here nor there....everyone has a right to their opinion...I guess I just can't hate him that much but I do understand those, such as you, who would not be a fan anymore.

I don't hate him, wedjat. His behavior has been disgusting. That's why I am no longer a fan.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:22 PM

Tiger Woods is planning to enter the Meadows Addiction and Treatment Center in Arizona for "sexual compulsion" as well as Vicodin and Ambien use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities