Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 04:06 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,051,648 times

Advertisements

I don't see future endorsements or his reputation being at stake even if it is proven that he indeed had an affair. He just needs to come clean but I can see it from his point, he wants to protect his wife and kids and he probably doesn't know what he is going to do with his marriage.

Again, if the accident was a simple accident have a conversation with the police and just let everyone know that. But his statement is just saying heah guys (the public, fans, and media) stay out of my business and please don't attack and or pass judgment against my wife. Something happened, and he could just say that too and that he doesn't want to discuss his personal business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 04:26 PM

2,118 posts, read 4,160,862 times
He did say in his statement he was human and not perfect. He who lives without sin cast the first stone! In other words wrong is wrong. If he messed up, he messed up. He might be a Godly at golf but he IS human.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:07 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,661,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
He did say in his statement he was human and not perfect. He who lives without sin cast the first stone! In other words wrong is wrong. If he messed up, he messed up. He might be a Godly at golf but he IS human.
yea, a human who made a choice to trim someone else's green ... what a douchebag. And don't start making the "oh he's human" BS ... that's such a crock of mulligan stew. I hope that Elin takes every club in that house and hocks it on Ebay. When men ... men with money who have absolutely no reason to ever ever ever ever ever ever look at another woman ... the mother of his children ... and then it simply gets dismissed as "oh he's only human" ... it makes me want to drive his ball right into a vice and then make him say he's sorry. Why does Tiger Woods get the human pass? Tell me why?

Team Elin!

Old 11-29-2009, 06:13 PM

2,118 posts, read 4,160,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
yea, a human who made a choice to trim someone else's green ... what a douchebag. And don't start making the "oh he's human" BS ... that's such a crock of mulligan stew. I hope that Elin takes every club in that house and hocks it on Ebay. When men ... men with money who have absolutely no reason to ever ever ever ever ever ever look at another woman ... the mother of his children ... and then it simply gets dismissed as "oh he's only human" ... it makes me want to drive his ball right into a vice and then make him say he's sorry. Why does Tiger Woods get the human pass? Tell me why?

Team Elin!
Tell me how you really feel LOL I am Team Elin too but the fact he bothered to state that he is human and makes mistakes is somewhat of a confession without the details.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:18 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,173,983 times
Many folks haven't learned the classic lesson from Watergate. "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up." The latest was Martha Stewart. She didn't go to prison because of her securities fraud problems. She was jailed because she lied to the FBI about them.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,873,673 times
At this point I'm not ruling out the possibility of a medical problem. Something like that could do serious damage to his career, far more than infidelity or spousal abuse, and would warrant a lot of PR and spin control for someone with a high profile like his.

A seizure or motor control conditions could have affected his ability to control the vehicle. Prescription medication side effects or interactions could cause sudden impairment, but his endorsers would not be happy to learn he has an undiagnosed condition.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:33 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,779,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Many folks haven't learned the classic lesson from Watergate. "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up." The latest was Martha Stewart. She didn't go to prison because of her securities fraud problems. She was jailed because she lied to the FBI about them.
Quiet Walker - well said. Best post on this topic yet.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM

502 posts, read 1,249,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Really Tiger doesn't owe ANYONE an explanation. He is a public figure but he has the right to be silent if you think about it.
"Tiger Woods" as an individual deserves privacy, yep. However, Tiger Woods long ago decided to make himself the brand "Tiger Woods." As such, he has an obligation to the countless employees who are employed by the Tiger Woods brand. When you accept such incredibly profitable contracts as a spokesperson, one is held to a higher standard.

Last edited by NCInMyMind; 11-29-2009 at 07:01 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 07:10 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,801,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I think we'll find that Rachel Uchitel's story will change somewhat after she talks with Gloria Allred. Rachel wants money from whomever...for whatever she can claim. Personally, I think the affair is true...so Rachel will have to stop denying the affair happened. There appears to be numerous witnesses beginning in June. There is also rumors that the Enquirer is withholding photos that will prove Rachel is lying about not being with Tiger.

Tiger does not want to be part of a lawsuit that Rachel brings against the Enquirer because he will have to testify under oath. And you can pretty much include Steve (Tiger's caddy) and other pro-golfers to be called as expert witnesses. Tiger does NOT want that...

As for the crash, it's not that one of the two parties (Tiger or Elin, or a property owner) must press charges. It's whether the police should suspect domestic violence was involved...and investigate immediately to determine "if" that was the cause of the crash - and to make sure that Tiger, Elin and the two children are okay, safe and being properly cared for.
I can't write worth crap lately. Must be all that turkey.

I think the affair is true, not because of Rachel, but because of Tiger's actions (or lack of action I should say).

If Rachel was going to sue and Tiger/Rachel are right, she would wait until Tiger got his claws out and sued. And you're right, it would bring in a lot of people close to Tiger. Tiger has a history of going after people and businesses for privacy and not being truthful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCInMyMind
Tiger Woods" as an individual deserves privacy, yep. However, Tiger Woods long ago decided to make himself the brand "Tiger Woods." As such, he has an obligation to the countless employees who are employed by the Tiger Woods brand. When you accept such incredibly profitable contracts as a spokesperson, one is held to a higher standard.
When you're in the public eye, making $100-some million a year from companies, the tour, and more importantly, your fans, you kind of put yourself and brand in the spotlight. The way Tiger crafts and controls his brand is very tight.

Bottom line, don't be a moron. Running around with a woman, who has a history of liking the spotlight, that isn't your wife will come out. Stay single.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,460,693 times
Over the coming weeks and months we'll find out just how good a saleman Tiger really is with his protected, stay-at-home wife and mother of his two small children, who feels betrayed, emotionally destroyed and totally embarrassed by her husband's five month love affair. I can't imagine it will be happy times in the Woods house for a long, long time...if ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities