U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-01-2009, 01:46 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,712,592 times
Well, according to the press conference they said that there wasn't a domestic violence issue and or investigation because there were no complaints of one and that they will not seek a warrant for his medical records. So I think it is over in terms of the FHP and Police. Who know you might be right about police investigation but I think they aren't trying to pursue anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 01:47 PM

6,118 posts, read 3,534,990 times
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/12/1201_woods_youtube_video.jpg (broken link)

There is no video (yet) of what REALLY happened before Tiger crashed his car, so the Chinese made one up!

Old 12-01-2009, 01:58 PM

551 posts, read 864,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
If this is true, and it looks worse by the hour, Tiger Woods will lose tens of millions in endorsement contracts...and his reputation will be badly hurt. But poor Elin will be hurt the worse. She must be devastated...

Have you noticed something here? Other celebrities such as Michael Jordan and Denzel Washington did/do the same thing (i.e have affairs) but yet we never hear about them. In fact in the case of MicHael Jordan, I only found out about his unfaithful ways after he divorced his wife! The media seems to like some celebs over others.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
Have you noticed something here? Other celebrities such as Michael Jordan and Denzel Washington did/do the same thing (i.e have affairs) but yet we never hear about them. In fact in the case of MicHael Jordan, I only found out about his unfaithful ways after he divorced his wife! The media seems to like some celebs over others.
True! But, when Michael Jordan was playing around the media wasn't what it is today, nor was there such things as camera cell phones, voicemail, texting, etc.

In Tiger's case - he may have to lower the bar somewhat with the type of endorsements he goes after. I suspect he won't be able to command the same size contracts as he has in the past. Also, some of the elite corporations will look for someone to advertise the products with a better [family] image. I look for his "stock" to go down and the amount of money he is able to earn drop significantly in the coming years. He may even lose one or more of his current endorsement contracts based on the moral clause he must uphold. This would be particularly true if one of the companies were facing financial difficulty.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:13 PM

6,766 posts, read 7,586,244 times
Highcotton do you have some kind of personal vendetta against Tiger Woods? LOL. I mean, I'm as interested in gossip as the next person, but you seem REALLY...interested.

Just curious

Old 12-01-2009, 02:20 PM

1,401 posts, read 2,273,567 times
Quote:
That was for the traffic accident. The police is said to still be investigating the possible domestic violence situation...
Even if they are actually investigating the possibility of a domestic violence situation, I don't see it going very far. It's almost impossible to do anything if the victim doesn't want to swear out a complaint, isn't it? Unless they have witnesses. But somehow I think we would have heard about that.

I kinda hope Tiger just keeps his mouth shut -- exactly like everyone is saying he can't do. I keep reading in newspapers and online that it's just gonna get worse and worse for him unless he comes clean and has one of those silly little press conferences where he apologizes for being a bad boy and asks his fans and his family to forgive him - and maybe even cries! - and blah blah blah. I'm hoping for once someone finally says enough is enough and screw all of yous I'm not gonna cry for you. Face it - the dude's already made a billion dollars. A BILLION. I think he'll be just fine even if he loses tens of millions in endorsement dollars. And unless he actually has been steppin' out on his wife and it is proved -- he might not even lose that. But if he does... pfft. I think he can squeak by on his winnings till it all blows over. Go Tiger! Be a pioneer! Don't give in! Beat the gossip-mongers! You can do it!

Old 12-01-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Highcotton do you have some kind of personal vendetta against Tiger Woods? LOL. I mean, I'm as interested in gossip as the next person, but you seem REALLY...interested.

Just curious
Vendetta - no. I admire his golf game. And I admire what he has been able to do business-wise with his name and reputation. His wife Elin seems perfect for him because she is low-key and doesn't like the spotlight. She must be tremendously hurt and not know what to do, or what will happen with her life and two children. I feel very sorry for her because of Tiger's stupidity.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:27 PM

6,766 posts, read 7,586,244 times
Quote:
Vendetta - no. I admire his golf game. And I admire whqat he has been able to do with his name. His wife Elin seems perfect for him because she is low-key and doesn't like the spotlight. She must be tremendously hurt and not know what to do, or what will happen with her life and two children. I feel very sorry for her because of Tiger's stupidity.
I agree, I do feel bad for her. Even if it isn't true, a lot of people think it is and having your husband linked to all these trashy women, splashed all over the tabloids. Omg I'd die

Old 12-01-2009, 02:50 PM

551 posts, read 864,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
....having your husband linked to all these trashy women...
That's just the thing...you've all probably noticed that constant trend about married men who cheat on their wives. Nine out of ten times, the women they cheat with are trashy. Why? Because no decent/classy/intelligent woman will get involved with a married man! The very fact that a woman knowingly involves herself with a married man shows how low-class she really is. Of course, married men often times lie to women about not being married but in the case of any celebrity (such as Tiger Woods), do you all think these women did not know he is a married man???

Old 12-01-2009, 02:52 PM

547 posts, read 1,077,625 times
You know, as a wife, mother, and woman this whole thing if it is true, (the affair that is) makes me sick. I feel sorry for his wife...and if it really did happen, his careless and selfish actions have jeopardized her (and her children's) peaceful life and her personal health ( STD's??). I'm not trying to take sides here, I just feel sorry for the person who takes the marriage vows seriously when the other one does not. It stinks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities