U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 PM

4,331 posts, read 6,584,729 times

Advertisements

I do not see this story newsworthy. I do not see any purpose for the nonstop coverage of a man who picks up golf clubs and hits balls. This story is the headlines of every news cast day after day. I think it shows the ignorance of people and the disrespect for peoples personal lifes. I think the news media in America is a national disgrace, and if I was in the the journalism field I would be embarrassed to have chosen such a career. This story as well as the many escapades of celebrities and politicians, we continually hear about has gone beyond tiresome.

The country has tremendous problems, and the reason it does is because we do not focus on them at all. We focus on foolishness such as Tiger Woods. A man who hits golf balls and that is his contribution to our country. Something is wrong with us as a country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 12:23 PM

12,252 posts, read 17,093,938 times
The non-stop reporting of Tiger Woods is almost as bad as that couple that party-crashed The White House!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
par for the course
tried to rep you...but no go.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 PM

6,131 posts, read 3,715,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I do not see this story newsworthy. I do not see any purpose for the nonstop coverage of a man who picks up golf clubs and hits balls. This story is the headlines of every news cast day after day. I think it shows the ignorance of people and the disrespect for peoples personal lifes. I think the news media in America is a national disgrace, and if I was in the the journalism field I would be embarrassed to have chosen such a career. This story as well as the many escapades of celebrities and politicians, we continually hear about has gone beyond tiresome.

The country has tremendous problems, and the reason it does is because we do not focus on them at all. We focus on foolishness such as Tiger Woods. A man who hits golf balls and that is his contribution to our country. Something is wrong with us as a country.
Oh you don't see why the story is newsworthy? You think it's nobody's business? It IS the public's business!!! Let me tell you why!

Ya see, Tiger Woods' brand name is responsible for the livelihood and assets of millions of people. If you own stock (or own funds that have stock) in any of the companies that Tiger Woods is involved then you ARE DEFINITELY affected by what the man does, both publicly and privately. If you own a home in a development that has a Tiger Woods golf course your home value is affected by what the man does. If you work for any of the many companies that makes or sells Tiger Woods products, then you are affected by what Tiger Woods does. Investors, developers, employees, sponsors, all have a monetary interest in Tiger Woods. It is the public's business what the man does. When you earn $1 Billion from the public, with over 90% of it coming off the golf course - your life is virtually always of interest to the public that has given you this huge amount of money earning ability... THAT is why it is newsworthy!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:51 PM

Multiple sources are alleging a cool $1 Million payoff from Tiger Woods's peeps to buy Rachel Uchitel's silence, which is why her confessional press conference today was axed! Tiger's people are desperate to keep Rachel from talking about her relationship with Tiger Woods and that they were willing to go a long, long way to keep her silent.

How many other women in Tiger's extramarital life want a cool $1 Million?

Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 PM

Nothing like paying millions of dollars in bribe money to keep people silent about your wrongdoings. Geeeezzzzz

Old 12-03-2009, 01:30 PM

no wonder they say silence is golden...and gold is going for over $2k an ounce!

Old 12-03-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
no wonder they say silence is golden...and gold is going for over $2k an ounce!
Gold is currently trading at around $1,220 USD per ounce. I wouldn't doubt that it may go up to $2K, but it's nowhere close to that figure yet.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:57 PM

oooops...my mistake. I was reading something last night that said gold may go up to $3k per ounce before the bubble bursts.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:05 PM

2,987 posts, read 4,827,580 times
Tiger should have played the Michael Jackson card and had anyone that came in contact with him sign a confidentiality agreement. Then he wouldn't have to pay anyone and he could have all the private affairs he wants. He should have paid these girls off sooner to save himself the public embarrassment. Now that he sees that the women he was having affairs with only wanted money he should have satisfied their requests a long time ago.

It is so telling where the heads are of these girls that they don't care about a married man's wife or his kids, but some of them kept years of evidence. Just messed up.

Rachel's story must be pretty juicy.

Also, he shouldn't have to give his wife any more money. Come on Tiger these other women took you for a ride and now your wife wants more than she deserves, he must not be listening to anyone right now and going off of emotion. I hope it isn't true that he is revising his pre-nup and or is funding a private bank account, and giving Elin half of his earnings. That would be the stupidest moves so far. The man should just get a divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities