Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 07:36 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
According to an article I just read, Tiger is not under any obligation to talk to the authorities as long as this is classified as a traffic accident. He was only required to show identification, license, etc. The problem for Tiger is he's creating a public relations nightmare by avoiding the questions.
Well, if the police were acting intelligently, considering the two very different stories Elin gave (one to police and another one to the troopers), the police would add possible domestic violence to the simple classification of a mere traffic accident. How many times have we heard that "if" the police had only done a more thorough job of investigation such-n-such would not have been harmed or killed. There is NO doubt that the authorities highly suspect that Elin chased Tiger out of the house with a golf club after earlier hitting him in the mouth with her fist or something laying around in the house. The authorities knew full-well that Elin did NOT break the rear window out of the SUV to save Tiger. I'll bet $100 the SUV has more than one dent from that golf club Elin was swinging wildly in the SUV's sheet metal as she chased the car like a wild woman as he backed out of the driveway to get away from her. Do the police know this? You betcha! Are the police doing there job? Hell no!

As for the alleged affair - if it were not true then Tiger would have long ago made a public statement through his spokesperson or agent. The longer Tiger goes without either denying the affair or admitting to the affair the rumors will continue to fly. And the longer it goes, the worse it will get. He should know that - and be this by his lawyers and agent and whatever damage-control experts his people have hired. My guess is that he has been told to address the issue, but he is unwilling to do it...and searching for more advice and a better way. A search that I think will fall flat.

Now ESPN, Golf Magazine and many other reputable sports related news agencies are getting involved. Tiger is losing control of his air-tight privacy he has so neatly put into place over the years. He needs to come clean. I just hope he isn't planning a coverup. It won't work. Not nowadays - not with immediate access to news from all sorts of media outlets, the Internet, cell phones, cameras, etc. They will be covering his every move like he's the president. Kinda makes you wonder how Phil Mickelson has gotten away with all his extra curricular activities for so many these years...

Last edited by highcotton; 11-28-2009 at 07:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
or a tiger in her tank LOLOLOL
You think Tiger had any waggle room?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:33 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,065,277 times
highcotton, can't rep you any more than I already have. You wrote exactly what I wanted to express. This reminds me of that SNL comedian that died in his bed while sleeping from a gun shot wound to the head by his wife and this also reminds of the recent tragedy of the NFL player that was shot in the head also by his mistress while sleeping. Tiger needs to take another vacation without the wife and or sleep with one eye open. Those murders could have be prevented as could a possible Tiger Woods tragedy if the police thoroughly do their job. If they believe the wife to have lied to the police and the story of what caused the accident not to match up with wounds and crime scene evidence then she should be charged with domestic abuse. It is sad and shouldn't go that far but the entire situation could have been avoided and could possibly be an eye opener for the both of them to get whatever help they need.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
highcotton, can't rep you any more than I already have. You wrote exactly what I wanted to express. This reminds me of that SNL comedian that died in his bed while sleeping from a gun shot wound to the head by his wife and this also reminds of the recent tragedy of the NFL player that was shot in the head also by his mistress while sleeping. Tiger needs to take another vacation without the wife and or sleep with one eye open. Those murders could have be prevented as could a possible Tiger Woods tragedy if the police thoroughly do their job. If they believe the wife to have lied to the police and the story of what caused the accident not to match up with wounds and crime scene evidence then she should be charged with domestic abuse. It is sad and shouldn't go that far but the entire situation could have been avoided and could possibly be an eye opener for the both of them to get whatever help they need.
Right you are! And you get a rep from me...

I find it amazing that authorities said the following; "We're not going to address all of the rumor and speculation and those other things. There is no evidence to suggest this was anything other than a traffic crash, and that is what we're investigating." This is absolutely untrue...and taking such a stand when there is most definitely overwhelming evidence that the cause of the traffic crash and also the injuries that Tiger sustained was caused by domestic violence is extremely troubling. Anyone with an IQ over 50 can see it. Why can't the police and the Florida State Patrol see it. Amazing - absolutely amazing!

Old 11-28-2009, 09:56 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Well, if the police were acting intelligently, considering the two very different stories Elin gave (one to police and another one to the troopers), the police would add possible domestic violence to the simple classification of a mere traffic accident. How many times have we heard that "if" the police had only done a more thorough job of investigation such-n-such would not have been harmed or killed. There is NO doubt that the authorities highly suspect that Elin chased Tiger out of the house with a golf club after earlier hitting him in the mouth with her fist or something laying around in the house. The authorities knew full-well that Elin did NOT break the rear window out of the SUV to save Tiger. I'll bet $100 the SUV has more than one dent from that golf club Elin was swinging wildly in the SUV's sheet metal as she chased the car like a wild woman as he backed out of the driveway to get away from her. Do the police know this? You betcha! Are the police doing there job? Hell no!

As for the alleged affair - if it were not true then Tiger would have long ago made a public statement through his spokesperson or agent. The longer Tiger goes without either denying the affair or admitting to the affair the rumors will continue to fly. And the longer it goes, the worse it will get. He should know that - and be this by his lawyers and agent and whatever damage-control experts his people have hired. My guess is that he has been told to address the issue, but he is unwilling to do it...and searching for more advice and a better way. A search that I think will fall flat.

Now ESPN, Golf Magazine and many other reputable sports related news agencies are getting involved. Tiger is losing control of his air-tight privacy he has so neatly put into place over the years. He needs to come clean. I just hope he isn't planning a coverup. It won't work. Not nowadays - not with immediate access to news from all sorts of media outlets, the Internet, cell phones, cameras, etc. They will be covering his every move like he's the president. Kinda makes you wonder how Phil Mickelson has gotten away with all his extra curricular activities for so many these years...
Iconic squeaky clean superstar sports figures:

First Kobe....

Now Tiger....

Who's next???? Peyton?? Man, I hope not....

Old 11-28-2009, 10:25 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,543 times
WORLD EXCLUSIVE: WOMAN AT CENTER OF TIGER WOODS CHEATING SCANDAL EXPOSED! - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

Interesting article. I don't read the rags or really get into the celebrity crap, but isn't the National Enquirer one of the rare rags that has a pretty good track record? I'm sure they know Tiger's aggressive drive to control his privacy and name/brand (and his wife and him went after papers in Europe a while back), so I doubt they dare to do this without some real hard evidence.

Throw in this article that I posted in a few pages back:Industry Insiders: Rachel Uchitel, VIP Diva - BlackBook

BTW, are any of you attracted to her? She looks like she's a frequent vistor to the plastic surgery, the makeup counter, and has a mannish-look to her body. Maybe it's just me.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:09 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,170 times
It's going to be interesting because he's supposed to be here in town Tuesday to play golf. I wonder if he will show up with a bruised face. I'll be watching the news.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:00 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Gee, I wish I had the authority to tell the police I don't want them to question me and have them leave my property. Wonder if the neighbor could press charges of destruction of private property and have the police arrest him and then question him at the police station? Perhaps if the police would treat celebrities like everyday citizens then they wouldn't take such a high and mighty attitude with the police. Break out the tasers boys!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:10 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Woods’ car received $5,000 to $8,000 worth of damage to the front bumper and grille of the SUV, even though the airbags did not deploy. I believe Tiger is the spokesman for Cadillac, but GM may not be pleased with the current publicity. The graphic on the left side of the article show Tiger's house, the tree and hydrant. Tiger's house valued at around two million seems quite modest for a billionaire.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/28/sp...f/29woods.html
Interesting side note: Rachel Uchitel, the alleged mistress, lost her fiance in the 9/11 WTC attack. When she subsequently married in 2004, her wedding was featured in the NYT. She looks quite different than her recent pictures.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/fa...gs/12VOWS.html

Old 11-29-2009, 02:18 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
It's going to be interesting because he's supposed to be here in town Tuesday to play golf. I wonder if he will show up with a bruised face. I'll be watching the news.
I'm sure there will be many close up shots of his face, looking to scrutinize the differences between actual bruises or actual scratches. Both coming from entirely different set of circumstances.

I wonder if they took any DNA samples from under her fingernails ???

Oh yeah that's right, she's not a cadaver yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities