U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-12-2009, 04:35 PM

6,054 posts, read 3,260,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
Most interesting point I've read in here in a long time. Fact is, we don't know Elin any better than we know Tiger. I'm betting he is not the devil and she is not a saint. Like the rest of us, they both probably fall somewhere in the middle.
Elin may not be a saint, but I think she was perfect for Tiger because she didn't seek the limelight Tiger's celebrity status offered her "if" she was the type that wanted it. I truly believe she loved him - and all she wanted was a loving, connected and devoted family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 PM

3,552 posts, read 4,500,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I believe Elin and Tiger both wanted some privacy in their lives, and they both thought the yacht may give them some so the family could be alone together - as a family. Elin never wanted the spotlight, never wanted her picture taken, never wanted to be interviewed. All she wanted was a loving and devoted family.
I was just piggy-backing your quote, :

Quote:
Wood's wife, model Elin Nordegren, told reporters that her family's privacy had been invaded by Christensen's "unwarranted publicity grab" following the settlement.

Nordegren said the yacht, aptly named "Privacy," had been intended as a private respite for our family to relax and escape the rigors of my husband's celebrity.
--- that gave me the idea that they both were a team in the fight for privacy. We know they both like privacy but putting a $50 million tag on it? That lawsuit didn't happen without Elin's blessing.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Elin may not be a saint, but I think she was perfect for Tiger because she didn't seek the limelight Tiger's celebrity status offered her "if" she was the type that wanted it. I truly believe she loved him - and all she wanted was a loving, connected and devoted family.
Yes, true, - within her family compound. We just don't know anything about her character.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Interesting read: Betrayed wife Elin's fury at Tiger Woods - mirror.co.uk

As hurt as Elin must be I just do not see her ever forgiving Tiger, nor trusting him.
This is a woman who tried to reconciliate with her husband the senator for 5 months, after him admitting of having a mistress down South.

"South Carolina’s first lady, a former Wall Street vice-president who helped launch her husband’s political career, filed for divorce Friday more than five months after his tearful public confession of an affair with an Argentine woman."

"Her divorce complaint did not mention money, property or custody arrangements for the couple’s four sons.

"The defendant has engaged in a sexual relationship with a woman other than plaintiff," the complaint reads. "Plaintiff has not condoned that relationship and is informed and believes that she is entitled to a divorce . . . from the defendant on the grounds of adultery.""

South Carolina governor receives divorce papers - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca (http://thechronicleherald.ca/World/1157296.html - broken link)

--- and that was just a single mistress that Jenny couldn't stomach. How about 11+ of them???

Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 PM

2,019 posts, read 2,401,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My guess would be no...as a black woman, I am sure she is disgusted with his choice of only white women. Black women don't take too kindly when white women "steal" all the successful and rich black men (canibalasian...whatever!)
At the very beginning of these revelations, Oprah reached out to Woods in an attempt to get him on her show. It was widely reported that she did this.

Supposedly Tiger trusts Oprah. Personally, I think an interview with her would be a farce. She'd probably interview him without a studio audience and toss softball questions at him.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:24 PM

3,567 posts, read 1,406,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My guess would be no...as a black woman, I am sure she is disgusted with his choice of only white women. Black women don't take too kindly when white women "steal" all the successful and rich black men (canibalasian...whatever!)

If I white person had said that..... I'm not sure if you see it that way too. It's not clear to me. However, AA's can not afford this way of thinking at all.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I was just piggy-backing your quote, :

--- that gave me the idea that they both were a team in the fight for privacy. We know they both like privacy but putting a $50 million tag on it? That lawsuit didn't happen without Elin's blessing.
That's very common. You start out big and litigate a settlement for a reasonable amount. Of course Tiger and Elin were both equally damaged by the yacht manufacturer breaching the contract agreement.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Yes, true, - within her family compound. We just don't know anything about her character.
I think it's a very safe bet that Elin was a very devoted wife and mother. That said, if it's true that a person's character has to do with his or her ability to love and be loved - I'd say Elin has extremely high character. If it's true that a person's character has to do with his or her personality - I'd say Elin has a very down-to-earth and level-headed character.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:41 PM

1,387 posts, read 2,160,813 times
Spent a lot of time with Elin, have you?

Old 12-12-2009, 07:04 PM

1,824 posts, read 2,901,901 times
Threesome in home was last straw

Quote:
Previously she had accepted her marriage was one of convenience to maintain his squeaky clean image.Then she learned of his three-in-a-bed romp at the luxury home in Orlando, Florida, where they live with daughter Sam, two, and son Charlie, 10 months, and flipped.
Sunday Express | UK News :: Cheating in family home was last straw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities