Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
I agree the media is having a feeding frenzy and are racing to interview Sheen and his bizarre rantings to boost their ratings. They're like vultures hovering around a dead carcass.

I saw the Piers Morgan interview last night. Charlie Sheen looked like a few ex-junkies I knew back in the 70's with the sunken eyes, gaunt face, loss of teeth and overall unhealthy look. The difference is none of them ever exhibited his type of grandious, narcissistic over the top rantings. They could however become very aggitated (and Charlie appeared aggitated last night) if they were strung out.

Charlie Sheen might very well be bi-polar but IMHO he has many other deep seated problems that can only be addressed with intensive therapy but Sheen would have to want to face those problems and be totally committed to straightening himself out and from knowing his past and watching the interview he is not about to do that at the moment. I think he is a ticking time bomb and I wouldn't let any children near him. What a role model. When Piers asked him if he was concerned about what his kids would think and how his behavior is effecting them Charlie said yeah he felt bad but what could he do about it? It's the terrible world that would hurt those kids, not him. He's playing the victim and he is a victim - of his own addictions and psychological psychoses. On top of that he does not come off as being particularly empathetic or intelligent. Right now he is a walking disaster waiting to happen. His parents are doing the right thing by trying to get legal control over him. Charlie is in "meltdown" mode.

His career is over. Who's going to hire him and what insurance company would cover him? The director of Sheen's next film is already saying he won't use him if Charlie continues this madness.

It's tragic for his family and children.
Sadly, I couldn't agree with you more. At one time, Charlie was one of my favorite actors, esp back in the late 80s, early 90s. I hope in all sincerity that he can get clean and straighten himself out, not for his career, but more importantly for himself and his children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
yes, apparently what we're seeing now is a sober Charlie Sheen, if this is true. if the drugs kept his bipolar in check, is it any wonder its coming out now that he's off of them?

given how manic he is off drugs, it will be quite scary to see him in a depressive mood (hopefully he doesn't own any guns)
I think after years of abusing illegal substances the brain/chemicals is altered. He said he took a drug test that verified he hadn't used any drugs within 72 hours--but clearly he has ingested heavily in the past few months and for over 20 years prior to the current downward spiral.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 AM

174 posts, read 239,906 times
Default Charlie Sheen-Crazy like a Fox- What do you think?

With all of the news saying Charlie Sheen is crazy I'm thinking that he could very well being playing it up to increase his popularity and stock in Hollywood. With all the interviews and the Goddesses and such he is the most searched Actor out there!

He is a genius if the above is the case!!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:09 AM

499 posts, read 405,092 times
I think you'd have to actually be mental to actually pretend you had a mental illness.

Really not worth the hassle.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,295,747 times
"2-1/2 Men" is my favorite, but I don't think Sheen makes the show. It's the writing and the other characters that make the series what it is. Sheen is not a great actor ~ I think he can be replaced successfully. The show would still be hilarious, and I think his replacement would be very grateful to earn what Charlie does now.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:00 AM

491 posts, read 1,045,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
I agree the media is having a feeding frenzy and are racing to interview Sheen and his bizarre rantings to boost their ratings. They're like vultures hovering around a dead carcass.

I saw the Piers Morgan interview last night. Charlie Sheen looked like a few ex-junkies I knew back in the 70's with the sunken eyes, gaunt face, loss of teeth and overall unhealthy look. The difference is none of them ever exhibited his type of grandious, narcissistic over the top rantings. They could however become very aggitated (and Charlie appeared aggitated last night) if they were strung out.

It's tragic for his family and children.
Oh my goodness, my mouth fell to the floor when I saw him on Piers Morgan. He looked just AWFUL!! I would be very surprised if he lasted a year at the rate he's going. I hate to say this, but I have a very strong feeling he is going to leave his daughters fatherless.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:04 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,263 times
I tried to watch the Piers Morgan interview and just couldn't get more than halfway through it. It just reinforced one of the reasons I hate Morgan. It was entirely clear that Morgan considers Sheen a friend and that he had sat him down behind the scenes and gave him a "talking to" about his behavior during the interview. Not only did Morgan softball every question, but he kept feeding into Sheen's notion that he was wronged by CBS. Not only that, he gave him an opportunity to pull back from all the stupid stuff he'd said in previous interviews (like deserving a raise, amongst many others).

And I could plainly see Sheen continually pulling himself back from going to that loony place, not just looking to Morgan to calm him in the moment, but occasionally verbally acknowledging that he wasn't going to go there, with a hint that he was following Morgan's (previously given) advice. One example came at the beginning of the interview, when he said he'd been "riding a Mercury surfboard," stopped himself, looked to Morgan and said, "Right off the bat, sorry."

But even holding himself back, I found it extremely humorous that yesterday he was "extra-terrestrial" and from Mars, and last night he went to Mercury and the moon (and who knows what other places in our solar system after I tuned out). To say the guy is really "out there" is an understatement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post

Jill61, I say that Charlie has a case against the studios because he was able to show up to work and was not illegally medicated at the time of taping. They have no proof of what was written about him in the press. They have a better case if he showed up to work intoxicated and or in some way couldn't do his job. When all that stuff broke out about his wife they should have let him go then but didn't, they can't now say that they couldn't work with him because he jeopordized the show. It is still highly rated in re-runs too. If the audience declined as a result of his personal life then the studios have a case. They are still making money off of him and his personal life.

Sure the studios can fight back and then fire him but they haven't fired him yet. When you terminate someone like Charlie who has a contract and time on the contract they have to pay up. The studios I'm sure have a case against him no doubt. But after a while you don't want to fight you just want the problem to go away so one can focus on other projects. The studios will make money with or without Charlie (something right now he doesn't see), trust me they are figuring out a way right now to settle this thing and move on. 2 & 1/2 Men is over.
I understand your line of reasoning. However, just showing up to work and being able to say his lines are not the only stipulations or obligations he has in his contract. I don't speak from personal knowledge of his specific contract, but I do know that these contracts contain all kinds of other outs for the studios, including behavior outside the set, and even things as simple as dramatically changing one's appearance. For all we know, the show's insurance carrier threatened to drop the show's coverage based on Sheen's erratic off-set behavior, or may have actually dropped it, and that could be grounds for terminating him, ending the show and paying out the crew.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:26 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It a shame when this happens. I really like this show.
I like his current, one (or 1/2-man) show much much better. He is finally funny, in fact, hilarious.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM

237 posts, read 379,704 times
All I gotta say is, I WISH someone would PAY ME 2 MIL an episode to play myself on tv!!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
It's the whole cast that makes the show. There's no way someone can step into Sheen's character & have the show go on. Fans won't watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities