Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,263,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I swear....the bar is so low today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I don't care where she went.....it's still trash.
No, her music is not trash it's just that you're old (lol, I have no idea how old you are) & everyone thinks the music that comes out as they get older is crap. Which is actually very untrue. I like music that came out before I was born, while I was growing up & even music today. You just pick & choose what you like. Personally, I think the boy bands are pretty horrid however it's pop music that appeals to a younger audience...just like pop stars appealed to us when we were younger & we probably still like those groups to this day. For me: Duran Duran. Here's one group that I still to this day do not see the appeal (cringes as people start hurling insults): The Beatles. They have a couple songs that I like & don't mind but for the most part, I just don't see the appeal. Yet they're referred to as groundbreaking & the greatest group ever. That's ok however I just feel like...eh, they're alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 08:42 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,239,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
No, her music is not trash it's just that you're old (lol, I have no idea how old you are) & everyone thinks the music that comes out as they get older is crap. Which is actually very untrue. I like music that came out before I was born, while I was growing up & even music today. You just pick & choose what you like. Personally, I think the boy bands are pretty horrid however it's pop music that appeals to a younger audience...just like pop stars appealed to us when we were younger & we probably still like those groups to this day. For me: Duran Duran. Here's one group that I still to this day do not see the appeal (cringes as people start hurling insults): The Beatles. They have a couple songs that I like & don't mind but for the most part, I just don't see the appeal. Yet they're referred to as groundbreaking & the greatest group ever. That's ok however I just feel like...eh, they're alright.
Agree with most of this post. I'm old. I do not see the hoopla over Duran Duran. Never liked any of his music. The Beatles - I saw them originally on Ed Sullivan. That's how old I am. Now, I think the Rolling Stones were a better group. More to my liking. I like John Lennon's solos better than The Beatles. Lady GaGa, at first not so much. Now, I like her some of her music. The woman is talented. I like some of Elvis, but I like Green Day, too.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:32 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,517,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Agree with most of this post. I'm old. I do not see the hoopla over Duran Duran. Never liked any of his music. The Beatles - I saw them originally on Ed Sullivan. That's how old I am. Now, I think the Rolling Stones were a better group. More to my liking. I like John Lennon's solos better than The Beatles. Lady GaGa, at first not so much. Now, I like her some of her music. The woman is talented. I like some of Elvis, but I like Green Day, too.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:08 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,139,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate77 View Post
F--k Lady GaGa

Very insightful. Plus one rep

j/k

Old 01-22-2010, 04:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
I think a lot of it also depends on if you actually play music, or if you're just a listener. You do develop a different ear.

I'm 26 and personally cannot stand Lady Gaga. I don't think she is using her talents wisely (i.e. becoming a burnt out popstar), but that's her choice not mine. I've played music my entire life both professionally and as a hobby, so I listen to different things than most listeners. That said, I have heard her sing live and with only piano accompaniment and think she's got a beautiful voice and is quite talented a playing. I just don't like her pop music.

I'm a rabid Beatles fan though.... they did so many new things with music that it shook the entire way we play music up to this day. I feel the same about Buddy Holly and Elvis too. They were a magnificent group and nobody has come near them for mass appeal and innovation.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:51 PM

327 posts, read 965,977 times
Quote:

I'm older than dirt, and I adore Lady GaGa. She's incredibly talented, and a truly liberated woman. I'm quite proud of her. Now, I will argue with you regarding the Beatles. Their musical abilities were no less than genius.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:34 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,056,615 times
Nah I don't like her...very strange to me

Old 01-27-2010, 02:24 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
I hated her songs in the beginning but a couple of them have grown a me...I still think she can't sing a lick and I'd never watch her in concert but it's fun music to dance around the house in your panties to

Old 01-27-2010, 02:27 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,056,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I hated her songs in the beginning but a couple of them have grown a me...I still think she can't sing a lick and I'd never watch her in concert but it's fun music to dance around the house in your panties to
Too funny!!! Have you seen her in Beyonce's video --Video Phone??

Old 01-27-2010, 03:20 PM

145 posts, read 411,763 times
I love her and so does my normally-classical-music-listening father.
Which is quite hilarious really.
Just goes to show that pretty much anyone can appreciate her music.

ps. We both love the Beatles too (since they were mentioned earlier lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities