Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:01 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I like John Lennon's solos better than The Beatles. Lady GaGa, at first not so much. Now, I like her some of her music. The woman is talented. I like some of Elvis, but I like Green Day, too.
I did like Lennon's stuff better than the Beatles too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think a lot of it also depends on if you actually play music, or if you're just a listener. You do develop a different ear.

I'm 26 and personally cannot stand Lady Gaga. I don't think she is using her talents wisely (i.e. becoming a burnt out popstar), but that's her choice not mine. I've played music my entire life both professionally and as a hobby, so I listen to different things than most listeners. That said, I have heard her sing live and with only piano accompaniment and think she's got a beautiful voice and is quite talented a playing. I just don't like her pop music.

I'm a rabid Beatles fan though.... they did so many new things with music that it shook the entire way we play music up to this day. I feel the same about Buddy Holly and Elvis too. They were a magnificent group and nobody has come near them for mass appeal and innovation.
You are totally right about being a musician. I dated one for 7 years & still hang out w/some & you are spot on w/your assessment. Musicians definitely do have a different take on music for sure. I'd like to add (a little off-topic) that I used to dance...well, only for Fred Astaire, but still & I've watched dancing since I was younger & I am like you. I know good dancing & I know bad dancing & Dancing With the Stars?? I can honestly say I loathe that show. Why do people feel like good dancing is going on during that show??

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellykat View Post
I'm older than dirt, and I adore Lady GaGa. She's incredibly talented, and a truly liberated woman. I'm quite proud of her. Now, I will argue with you regarding the Beatles. Their musical abilities were no less than genius.
LOL, older than dirt. I love that phrase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,408,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Lada Gaga gags me. Her voice is ok, I cannot stand all those strange outfits. I know why she is usually seen with large sunglasses on, have you really looked at her face without them? She has a huge nose and isn't all that attractive.
She's actually a brunette and I think she looks much better with dark hair. The main reason she went blonde though was because she was often mistaken for Amy Winehouse. And anyone can say what they will, but I think Amy Winehouse, when she's healthy, is an attractive woman.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
Lady Gaga has raised $500,000 so far for Haiti. The Lady's okay.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Even the WSJ is chiming in with a positive article on Gaga's success. The Lady will be opening the Grammy's seated at a single piano to sing a duet with none other than Elton John. I'm not an Alice Cooper fan, but I believe he is correct when he states that Lady Gaga is vaudevillian, but her antics on stage work only because she can really sing.
Clip:
...Underneath Gaga's haystack wigs is a case study of what it takes to succeed in the music business today. Gaga, 23 years old, has made shrewd use of new digital platforms, while still leveraging the clout of a major label, an institution deemed obsolete by many proponents of DIY culture. She is a product of a new kind of recording contract which goes beyond just selling records to encompass everything from touring, merchandise–even her make-up deal. Though she writes her own material, she is as focused on visual theatrics, fashion, and global appeal as she is on the music.

Lady Gaga's Lessons for the Music Business - WSJ.com

Old 03-14-2010, 04:43 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Lady Gaga Almost Suffers Deep Vein Thrombosis on Transatlantic Flight || Jaunted

YEP....SHE "AWESOME ALRIGHT"

What a maroon....

Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Why is this posted twice? Nothing like beating a dead horse.
Lady Gaga almost killed by here stupid clothes!

Old 03-14-2010, 10:59 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
yeah, I've noticed he likes to repeat himself across multiple threads/forums. and I wonder, what's a maroon? is that a macaroon? are you calling her a cookie? brownish color? or are you calling her "a loudly exploding firework consisting of a cardboard container filled with gunpowder"? inquiring minds (mainly mine) wants to know...

I guess she could dress "normally" and trip over her stiletto heels or dress hem like multiple of other famous female celebs have.

any woman will tell you, fashion hurts.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:43 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
She is trying to do too much too fast and please everyone. A good candidate for burnout. She looks a bit unhealthy.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:00 PM

609 posts, read 1,259,595 times
i love her music....but i think she should seriously consider a stylist lol...if she has one...that person is just mean lol. i cant get past the outfits. i wont watch her music videos because i dont wanna look at her lol. her music is awesome though

Old 03-17-2010, 07:25 AM

660 posts, read 1,540,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
I've never heard of her till a few weeks ago during a long car trip when all that the radio played was her music. Checked her out on you tube. She looks like the second coming of Madonna.
I was just thinking this exact thing last night while listening to her music at work!!

Lady Ga Ga is seriously talented, and I think is well-rounded enough to ride out the down years of celebrities in music.

Michael Jackson obviously saw something great in her, I read that SHE was the one he wanted to work one-on-one with. She is a lot like him, not in what she does but her uniqueness and how she goes about doing things.

I also read that Britney Spears is jealous of Lady Ga Ga, thinks that Lady stole her style or something. Britney, honey, you ain't got NOTHING on Lady Ga Ga. Go back to Disney World!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities