Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM

267 posts, read 1,357,877 times

Advertisements

Today at the supermarket I saw where the National Enquirer had their list of "who is gay..who is not" out. Funny...are people still paying money to find out if Neil Patrick Harris, Lance Bass or Chasity Bono is gay even if all of those people have since came way way out of the closet? The Globe did this last year and on the front page was..Rosie O'Donnell...ah does the Globe know that the secret has been out now for some time about Rosie? Whats next? Paul Lynde was gay ??? OMG !!!

Anyway do people really care who is/who isn't gay in Hollywood today as far as the stars themselves goes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,034,823 times
I don't care who is gay anymore. Can't stand when it makes headline news. Tired of listening to the same questions and answers like how long did you know..., how did you keep it a secret, who knew, going into details about the partners, etc. Also, BTW don't care where Angelina and Brad went last night and or who Carrie Underwood is now engaged to either.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:49 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,386,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobwv View Post
Today at the supermarket I saw where the National Enquirer had their list of "who is gay..who is not" out. Funny...are people still paying money to find out if Neil Patrick Harris, Lance Bass or Chasity Bono is gay even if all of those people have since came way way out of the closet? The Globe did this last year and on the front page was..Rosie O'Donnell...ah does the Globe know that the secret has been out now for some time about Rosie? Whats next? Paul Lynde was gay ??? OMG !!!

Anyway do people really care who is/who isn't gay in Hollywood today as far as the stars themselves goes?
At one time this was important to the anti-gay crowd, the haters. Today such a list is only important to the gay crowd as they celebrate a celebrity coming out as if to say, "we got another one on our team!". Neil Patrick Harris has the right attitude. Act like it's no big deal and others will do the same.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:34 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,637,889 times
I just can't believe people would be stupid enough to pay money for something like this. They would have no idea if it is fact of fiction. And as the OP said, who the hell cares??

Old 01-10-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
BTW don't care where Angelina and Brad went last night and or who Carrie Underwood is now engaged to either.
My guess is that its the older people who care about such stuff, not all of course but a good many of them anyway. About 3 years ago when I was doing mornings at our local radio station, I remember a news story that came across the Associated Press wire about a 70 year old woman who had spent well over $1000 on Christmas gifts for...MADONNA's KIDS. Heck she even admitted she had more love for Lourdes ( Madonna's daughter ) than her own grandkids and no, she didn't spend a a dime on them. If that wasn't bad enough, the "gifts" this woman bought like a TV set, a radio boombox, gift cards for McDonalds,Target and Six Flags, and a video game..all of those things Madonna is dead set against, so chances are Lourdes never seen those "gifts". talk about either suffering from some kind of mental illness or someone who had no life, or perhaps both. Sad !!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:30 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,034,823 times
billybob..., I'm just tired of seeing this stuff on the front paper and on the news. Why don't they keep this stuff in the Enquirer and or other publications for those that care.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:22 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,864,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
I don't care who is gay anymore. Can't stand when it makes headline news. Tired of listening to the same questions and answers like how long did you know..., how did you keep it a secret, who knew, going into details about the partners, etc. Also, BTW don't care where Angelina and Brad went last night and or who Carrie Underwood is now engaged to either.
Bravo!!! <claps hands loudly>

It's old news - so many people have come out, I am sick of it. I don't care if you're my co-worker, neighbor, relative - it's your choice. Myself, I'm fine with it.

Just once I'd like to read one issue full of people who didn't drink, drug, cheat on their girlfriends or boyfriends or spouses; that did good things for other people, that didn't have drama-filled lives.

Just ONE issue!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Bravo!!! <claps hands loudly>

It's old news - so many people have come out, I am sick of it. I don't care if you're my co-worker, neighbor, relative - it's your choice. Myself, I'm fine with it.

Just once I'd like to read one issue full of people who didn't drink, drug, cheat on their girlfriends or boyfriends or spouses; that did good things for other people, that didn't have drama-filled lives.

Just ONE issue!!!
I agree with ya..but then again who would buy'em. Well maybe they should do what the old Weekly World News did even though it did take some near-lawsuits for them to do it is to admit its all fake like those "bat boy" and "Ed Anger" stories that they used to crank out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities