U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:29 PM

3,614 posts, read 2,693,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I blame it on the white man.
and here comes the troll!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:34 PM

it is so sad to see so many fine singers dying too early! this happens constantly--even way back in the 50"s and 60"s--the majority of early deaths were black male entertainers.

BTW---luther DID NOT die of aids(would have to see your authentic copy of the death certificate mr.know it all)

Old 01-19-2010, 01:45 AM

1,385 posts, read 918,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate77 View Post
The reason why I made this thread is because ever since Teddy Pendergrass passed away, I was very hurt and angry because here's ANOTHER famous black male singer that's gone. Six months ago, we've lost Michael Jackson, and that was ENOUGH! Now six months later, we've lost yet another black male artist, TEDDY PENDERGRASS!!! Is it me or is it like a trend that the most famous black male artists in the music industry are dropping dead like flies? I'm going to give you a lists of black male singers in the past and present, either in the group or solo, that died for the last 10 years (2000-2010). This is very heartbreaking for me as a black woman. We are losing our men in the music industry. Here's the list

1. Johnny Taylor (Who's Makin Love, Disco Lady)
2. Rufus Thomas (Walkin The Dog)
3. Ray Charles (I got a Woman, America, Sweet Georgia)
4. Barry White (Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, I'm Going to Love You)
5. James Brown (I Feel Good, Cold Sweat, Living In America, Try Me)
6. Rick James (Give It To Me Baby, Superfreak, Fire and Desire, Cold Blooded)
7. Lou Rawls (You'll Never Find A Love Like Mine)
8. Isaac Hayes (Theme From Shaft)
9. Luther Vandross (Here And Now, Any Love, Give Me The Reason, Stop To Love, Power Of Love)
10. Billy Preston (Nothing From Nothing Means nothing)
11. Screamin Jay Hawkins (I Put A Spell On You)
12. Tony Thompson from Hi-Five (I Like The Way-The Kissing Game, I Can't Waith Another Minute)
13. Dino from H-Town (Knockin The Boots)
14. Kenneth Greene from Intro (Come Inside)
15. Michael Jackson (Don't Stop Till You'll Get Enough, Rock With You, Off The Wall, Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Bad, Black Or White, Remember the Time, etc, etc, etc)
16. Gerald Levert from Levert (Casanova, Private Line, Just Coolin My Forever Love, I'll Give Anything)
17. Sean Levert from Levert (Put Your Body Where Your Mouth Is)
18. Wilson Pickett ( In the Midnight Hour, Land Of 1,000 Dances)
19. Luther Ingram (If Loving You Is Wrong I Don't Want To Be Right)
20. Tyrone Davis (Turn Back The Hands Of Time, In The Mood)
21. Edwin Starr (War, 25 Miles)
22. King Floyd (Groove Me)
23 Grover Washington Jr. (he's not a singer) (Just The Two Of Us)
24. Teddy Pendergrass (Wake Up Everybody, Turn Off The Lights, Close The Door, Joy, Hold Me, If You Don't Know Me By Now)
25. Levi Stubbs from the Four Tops (I Can't Help Myself, Same Ol Song, Baby I need Your Loving)
26. Gregory Hines ( That Girl Wants To Dance With Me, There's Nothing Better Than Love with Luther Vandross)
You forgot one of the greatest---and most tragic---of them all: James Carr (The Dark End of the Street, Pouring Water on a Drowning Man).

Quote:
Do you think that the powers that be that control the music industry are responsible for their deaths
No. I don't think the industry gave Barry White the hypertension that led to his cardiac failure, nor Teddy Pendergrass his cancer, nor James Carr his cancer (not to mention the manic depression that afflicted him most of his life and crippled his career more often than not), nor Michael Jackson the doctor who seems to have killed him, nor Luther Vandross the heart attack that finally killed him (he had suffered diabetes---apparently, it ran in his family---and hypertension, and was nailed by a stroke a couple of years before he died).

The industry is not without its seedinesses but you would have to marshal a shipload of evidence to get anywhere near proving the industry.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 PM

12,252 posts, read 16,609,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
and here comes the troll!
Kate...Most trolls don't have a 1300+ reputation

Old 01-19-2010, 04:12 PM

43,862 posts, read 26,699,854 times
Here's a thought for both black and white entertainers............
how many have to die before they get a hint to quit taking massive amounts of drugs instead of enjoying their riches like a normal person?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Kate...Most trolls don't have a 1300+ reputation

numbers mean nothing jon---if it acts like a duck,quacks like a duck,it IS a duck

Old 01-20-2010, 12:20 AM

14,097 posts, read 13,910,183 times
Sure, it was the music execs. They forced singers like Rick James and others to ingest illegal drugs and live a wild and crazy life which resulted in some of them going in and out of jail. Those damn music exects also were responsible for the car wreck that put Teddy in a wheel chair which shortened his lifespan. Those same music execs got Michael hooked on weird medical treatments and paid that doctor to overdose him. They paid Barry White to stay morbidly obese. Yep, it's all the music execs fault. Not the fault of the lifestyle these singers choose to live.
Quote:
The reason why I made this thread is because ever since Teddy Pendergrass passed away, I was very hurt and angry because here's ANOTHER famous black male singer that's gone. Six months ago, we've lost Michael Jackson, and that was ENOUGH! Now six months later, we've lost yet another black male artist, TEDDY PENDERGRASS!!! Is it me or is it like a trend that the most famous black male artists in the music industry are dropping dead like flies? I'm going to give you a lists of black male singers in the past and present, either in the group or solo, that died for the last 10 years (2000-2010). This is very heartbreaking for me as a black woman. We are losing our men in the music industry. Here's the list

1. Johnny Taylor (Who's Makin Love, Disco Lady)
2. Rufus Thomas (Walkin The Dog)
3. Ray Charles (I got a Woman, America, Sweet Georgia)
4. Barry White (Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, I'm Going to Love You)
5. James Brown (I Feel Good, Cold Sweat, Living In America, Try Me)
6. Rick James (Give It To Me Baby, Superfreak, Fire and Desire, Cold Blooded)
7. Lou Rawls (You'll Never Find A Love Like Mine)
8. Isaac Hayes (Theme From Shaft)
9. Luther Vandross (Here And Now, Any Love, Give Me The Reason, Stop To Love, Power Of Love)
10. Billy Preston (Nothing From Nothing Means nothing)
11. Screamin Jay Hawkins (I Put A Spell On You)
12. Tony Thompson from Hi-Five (I Like The Way-The Kissing Game, I Can't Waith Another Minute)
13. Dino from H-Town (Knockin The Boots)
14. Kenneth Greene from Intro (Come Inside)
15. Michael Jackson (Don't Stop Till You'll Get Enough, Rock With You, Off The Wall, Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Bad, Black Or White, Remember the Time, etc, etc, etc)
16. Gerald Levert from Levert (Casanova, Private Line, Just Coolin My Forever Love, I'll Give Anything)
17. Sean Levert from Levert (Put Your Body Where Your Mouth Is)
18. Wilson Pickett ( In the Midnight Hour, Land Of 1,000 Dances)
19. Luther Ingram (If Loving You Is Wrong I Don't Want To Be Right)
20. Tyrone Davis (Turn Back The Hands Of Time, In The Mood)
21. Edwin Starr (War, 25 Miles)
22. King Floyd (Groove Me)
23 Grover Washington Jr. (he's not a singer) (Just The Two Of Us)
24. Teddy Pendergrass (Wake Up Everybody, Turn Off The Lights, Close The Door, Joy, Hold Me, If You Don't Know Me By Now)
25. Levi Stubbs from the Four Tops (I Can't Help Myself, Same Ol Song, Baby I need Your Loving)
26. Gregory Hines ( That Girl Wants To Dance With Me, There's Nothing Better Than Love with Luther Vandross)

That's all that I can think of. Do you think that the powers that be that control the music industry are responsible for their deaths

Old 01-20-2010, 12:14 PM

12,252 posts, read 16,609,888 times
Hmmm...can anyone come up with a list of 26 white musicians that have died in the past 10 years? 26 Hispanic musicians? 26 Asian musicians? Maybe there's just a conspiracy about musicians, period?

Old 01-21-2010, 03:54 AM

14,937 posts, read 6,897,551 times
Closed for Moderator's review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities