Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,322,977 times

Advertisements

Last time I checked, nine year olds could not legally work so it's the parents who are buying this attire or allowing them to pick it out. If I had a daughter, no way she would be sporting these sexually suggestive clothes.

It's not all cute when the little one turns on some perv by wearing these types of clothes and he makes advances towards her or worse. Parents are responsible for their children and what they wear. Even if I had a teenage girl, I wouldn't let her walk around half-naked. I care enough to burn, tear or throw away these types of clothes if that's what it takes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 09:59 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,795,927 times
Is this really surprising!! I see these young girls in V. Secret. Me and a sixteen yr old at war over the latest thongs. This doesn't surprise me at all.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,922,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
at war over the latest thongs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbaVirrFcKE

Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times
She wears more makeup than me.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Is this really surprising!! I see these young girls in V. Secret. Me and a sixteen yr old at war over the latest thongs. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Those stupid things are passe.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:17 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,402,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Last time I checked, nine year olds could not legally work so it's the parents who are buying this attire or allowing them to pick it out. If I had a daughter, no way she would be sporting these sexually suggestive clothes.

It's not all cute when the little one turns on some perv by wearing these types of clothes and he makes advances towards her or worse. Parents are responsible for their children and what they wear. Even if I had a teenage girl, I wouldn't let her walk around half-naked. I care enough to burn, tear or throw away these types of clothes if that's what it takes!

Agreed. But MTV, reality TV, fashion, music, movies, peer pressure, this stuff is so pervasive that only of the most conscientious parents can get their kids through such a mine field. And that's if the parents are even there. In many houses both parents work, so it's even harder. To blame parents only is to absolve society as a whole of any responsibility. Swimming up river is hard. So many won't make it.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,322,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Agreed. But MTV, reality TV, fashion, music, movies, peer pressure, this stuff is so pervasive that only of the most conscientious parents can get their kids through such a mine field. And that's if the parents are even there. In many houses both parents work, so it's even harder. To blame parents only is to absolve society as a whole of any responsibility. Swimming up river is hard. So many won't make it.

I get the point about the media playing a big part but I still leave the majority of the responsibility at the parent's feet. Too many parents are scared of not being liked by their children, wanting to be their friend, etc. Why is that? Where has the parental backbone of this country gone? It is a WAR to save our children from the bowels of society and if we don't prepare our children properly, they will become casualties. When I became a mother, I became ready for the fight.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:29 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,402,538 times
Quote:
I get the point about the media playing a big part but I still leave the majority of the responsibility at the parent's feet. Too many parents are scared of not being liked by their children, wanting to be their friend, etc. Why is that? Where has the parental backbone of this country gone? It is a WAR to save our children from the bowels of society and if we don't prepare our children properly, they will become casualties. When I became a mother, I became ready for the fight.
Good for you, you're child(ren) is/are lucky to have you. But not all kids, as you probably know, were that lucky. IT SHOULDN"T HAVE TO BE SO HARD!!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,376 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, the left is trying to replace proper parenting with nanny state tactics. The DC school system is horrible, not because of the teachers, but from the poor parenting. The parents, and the city, expects that the teachers pick up the slack, and parent the students, when it should be the parents' job. It makes people defendent upon the govt, which means they will be like that their entire lives, so the government expands, as people rely on the state to tell them what to do, to pay them, etc.... I think the govt is in cahoots with this because they can expand their power by being "parents" to the public.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Good for you, you're child(ren) is/are lucky to have you. But not all kids, as you probably know, were that lucky. IT SHOULDN"T HAVE TO BE SO HARD!!
But you can't criticize anything parents do. Go to a parenting board and try to tell them to control their kids, or not to be friends with them. It starts very young with parents being overly permissive and exposing them to adult things then the kids feel entitled to do/act/dress as they wish. The line between kid and adult is blurring and it is up to parents to draw that line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities