Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 11:16 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,645,331 times

Advertisements

This is a truly cheeky topic rearing its head, no butts about it. Sounds like J Lo may have some deep seated issues with live performances and she's getting her buns in trouble. Could it be that it's just a simple matter of getting behind in her work or is she actually heading for a crack up? Hopefully not for this booty-ful gal, but what an interesting tail anyway.
PS: J Lo in the movie U-Turn is a must see.

Last edited by nilssson; 03-03-2010 at 11:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:45 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilssson View Post
This is a truly cheeky topic rearing its head, no butts about it. Sounds like J Lo may have some deep seated issues with live performances and she's getting her buns in trouble. Could it be that it's just a simple matter of getting behind in her work or is she actually heading for a crack up? Hopefully not for this booty-ful gal, but what an interesting tail anyway.
PS: J Lo in the movie U-Turn is a must see.
Ha ha ha ....

Old 03-12-2010, 09:47 PM

191 posts, read 272,862 times
I think J.Lo did pretty good on SNL. She's definitely not the greatest singer in the world, but there's worse. I wish Metallica would get back on SNL. Now that would be worth watching.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:43 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,541,693 times
She reminds me of Madonna. Hard working and ambitious, great marketing, but not a really good actress or singer. Hard work pays off, bottom line.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:17 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,791 times
LOL--Lopez (I refuse to partake in hip-hop mentality and call her J LO) can barely act; why in the world would you think she can ever remotely come close to carrying a tune? Look: SNL had a long tradition of insisting that their musical guests perform live, with no lip synching allowed. In fact, several artists have refused to perform on the show over the years because of this. I was fortunate enought to sit-in on drums with Smashing Pumpkins back in 1993 when their regular drummer Jimmy Chamberlain couldn't make it due to a death in the family. And I can tell you that it's a tough gig to play well at. The acoustics in that old building suck, and a band really can't get pumped up from the crowd noise or rowdiness like in a regular concert, since the SNL audience is very small and quiet by comparison. So the whole deal is kinda awkward; you feel like you're auditioning.
Anyway, people have got to start learning that just because some little actress wants to scratch her ego and try and sing, doesn't mean she can. But since they have the money for studio time and the name, record producers will also take a chance on them and cut a CD, knowing that, even thought the actress/actor has about as much musical talent as a box of rocks, they're are always a few thousand gullible fans out there who'll buy their tripe. But see, modern-day 64-track recording studios can make Donald Duck sound like Pavarotti.
But when one of these wannabe singers has to perform live...the *** is up.

Last edited by DrummerBoy; 03-15-2010 at 09:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities