Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 06:38 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times

Advertisements

Why anyone would think celebrity marriages are likely to be long-term is beyond me. It's a shocker for a celebrity couple to have a long-term marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 06:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
bek they are in a position to put up with less baloney than u or me.
current rate of divorce is 67% but much higher for hollywood.
also the hollywood people got the good sense to use a lawyer b4 the marriage not after (prenup)
btw prenups help reduce divorce.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:43 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Such hatred, you people have.

Marriages end for a lot of reasons, but I imagine working actors have it especially hard since their schedules tend to pull them in different directions for long periods of time. How can you keep up a happy marriage if you only see your spouse 30% of the time? An odd weekend here and there and when they're away they are surrounded by beautiful people fawning over them constantly while the press runs every rumour of adultery that pops into their heads.

Even good, normal people would have a tough time under these circumstances.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:49 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Such hatred, you people have.

Marriages end for a lot of reasons, but I imagine working actors have it especially hard since their schedules tend to pull them in different directions for long periods of time. How can you keep up a happy marriage if you only see your spouse 30% of the time? An odd weekend here and there and when they're away they are surrounded by beautiful people fawning over them constantly while the press runs every rumour of adultery that pops into their heads.

Even good, normal people would have a tough time under these circumstances.
Let's be real. Anytime you hear of a celebrity marriage, most people start counting down the months before they are divorced. The latest Kardashian fiasco is a perfect example. Did anyone actual think these two were going to make it, let alone make it past one year?

For all of the time and long hours these people may or may not work, they are compensated millions to close the gap and ease the blows of such a hardship such as acting.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Let's be real. Anytime you hear of a celebrity marriage, most people start counting down the months before they are divorced. The latest Kardashian fiasco is a perfect example. Did anyone actual think these two were going to make it, let alone make it past one year?

For all of the time and long hours these people may or may not work, they are compensated millions to close the gap and ease the blows of such a hardship such as acting.
How many millions would it take you to stay in a marriage with someone you saw once a month while everyone around you constantly said they were cheating?

I don't want to throw a pity party for hollywood, their lives have a lot of glamour to go along with the hardships. I'm just saying that the divorce rate probably isn't all because they're terrible, self-absorbed people.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
How many millions would it take you to stay in a marriage with someone you saw once a month while everyone around you constantly said they were cheating?

I don't want to throw a pity party for hollywood, their lives have a lot of glamour to go along with the hardships. I'm just saying that the divorce rate probably isn't all because they're terrible, self-absorbed people.
As I stated, who is really surprised when a celebrity couple divorces? Seems everyone but them sees it coming before they can even sign the prenup. Sometimes I think many of them get married purely for the high and the publicity that comes with the announcement and ceremony.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,612 times
1) because they are vapid narcissists

2) because it was all for publicity anyways

Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Most likely it's because of how much money that have. If a divorce were to occur, they don't have to worry about not having enough money to buy a new place to live, pay for child support, and can afford the divorce, etc.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Most likely it's because of how much money that have. If a divorce were to occur, they don't have to worry about not having enough money to buy a new place to live, pay for child support, and can afford the divorce, etc.
^^this, too.

It's really not a logical statement to say that everyone in Hollywood is a vapid d-bag whose every move is designed to make themselves the center of attention. There may be more people like that, but most of them are still relatively normal folks if you take away the unusual lifestyle. And normal folks often power through unhappy times in their marriage for financial reasons.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
I would think their hectic schedules, temptation, narcissism and lack of attention. It is especially more difficult when both are celebrities and their relationship is in the limelight For example, George Clooney goes to lunch with his sister. TMZ turns it into George Clooney spot with a sexy stripper that he has been seen traveling the world with daily? Really? Your relationship is under a microscope which would be difficult for anyone.

It's even hard when kids are involved because not only will they have to deal with the divorce but their friends talking and asking about the media frenzy when these kids are in so much pain. Take Demi and Ashton. Not only did Demi and Bruce get divorce but the kids grew to love Ashton. The kids have created a bond that was ripped away from them again. But that aside, the media can be very disgusting. But the kids have no choice but to deal with the mess the adults in their lives created.

Do I think they should get married? Maybe. No one should have to give up the hope of marriage and family but I think it takes more work than just planning a fancy wedding. Try premartial counseling or an engagement that last more than 30 days. They talk about all these high powered divorce attorneys when they need to talk more about their high powered marriage counselors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities