U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-31-2007, 10:37 AM

4,409 posts, read 10,173,076 times

Advertisements

OK then,I have 'run into' but not had "relationships" Al Pacino in NYC,,(short,cute) Watched Mel Gibson shooting a scene in Chicago years ago ( I was taller) Last year,november,ate dinner next to Uma Thurman (I ate, she kept walking out to smoke in the bar area,at LA's Marmont)That same nite, Samual L Jackson came in to give the Maitr 'd a hug then left( He was short and bald). Ate dinner at Trader Vics at Beverly Hilton hotel one table away from Tony Curtis,who spoke LOUDLY about 'my daughter Jamie',my old friend Jeff Chandler" how everyone bothers him in Vegas, I mean loudly. He had the scariest face lift and obvious toupee that it was hard not to stare. He walked out with a large fedora, his coat over his shoulders and gave a royal wave to everyone like he was the godfather.Hardly anyone even looked up.Very young, very tall blonde wife. Met Tim Meadows through a relative who was sweet, very shy, spoke softly, and again very short. Ate lunch on Sunset at an outdoor rest. next to Katherin Keener (anyone know her?) I lived not far from Walter Payton,and would see him in town, always a smile and sweet to everyone. Took kmy kids when they were young to 2nd row seats to see Yul Bryner in the king and I. He came to the front rows at the end of his performance and shook hands with the kids and bowed like a real king. I was thrilled, they less so as were clueless who he was. He died shortly after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 03:05 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,905 posts, read 4,650,224 times
nanannie, all these short guys, but are you very "tall?????"
(It's all relative, since I doubt any of those people would be shorter than me!! )

Old 12-31-2007, 08:41 PM

442 posts, read 1,466,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygal View Post
Reread the question... It has nothing to do with being a celebrity it has to do with dating a celebrity. And this is no offense AT ALL to anybody who lives outside of california & n.y. but the simple truth is when you grow up in these two places it's kinda part of everyday life for the most part. If you spend your summer days in malibu your gonna run into paris hilton. If you spend them in east hampton your going to run into p. diddy if you go to the coffee bean (best coffee ever) your gonna run into george clooney. Regardless of what people think they really do leave the house and are pretty damn normal. The other thing is when you do grow up around it you dont get phased by it and act like an idiot when you see these people. I dont know maybe l.a. really is lala land. I prefer the east coast always have. OBTW i know who bruce boxleitner is he was on some show called scarecrow & mrs king with one of charlies angels.
Wow... I thought Bruce was a "nobody" celebrity. I guess more people know him than I thought possible.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:15 AM

36,660 posts, read 58,156,313 times
I used to work at a large outdoor music venue in the Chicago area (now defunct). That gave me a lot of "celebrity encounter" opportunities. Nicest were Steven Tyler and Patti LaBelle. Biggest a-hole by far was Barry Manilow (or as we preferred to call him, "Barley Man-enough"). Natalie Merchant is a tiny little thing, and not particularly chatty either.

I also chatted up Rachel Yamagata for a few minutes back before she got her big break. She was the lead singer of a local band called Bumpus. Seemed nice enough but a bit scattered.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
nanannie, all these short guys, but are you very "tall?????"
(It's all relative, since I doubt any of those people would be shorter than me!! )
I am close to 5'7". These men were not like Danny DeVito, but probably an inch shorter then me. Seeing them on the big screen and then eye level was a surprise, However, Uma IS very tall (6' easy)

Old 01-01-2008, 08:14 PM

13 posts, read 4,239 times
Lol sahsa blue... I think it came from our moms. He actually was quite a hottie in his day

Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 AM

2,955 posts, read 5,009,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I am close to 5'7". These men were not like Danny DeVito, but probably an inch shorter then me. Seeing them on the big screen and then eye level was a surprise, However, Uma IS very tall (6' easy)
You said Samuel Jackson is short. Under 5'7"?
I know many leading men are shorter than they appear on screen but I had pegged Jackson as a relatively tall guy.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 AM

520 posts, read 1,348,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
You said Samuel Jackson is short. Under 5'7"?
I know many leading men are shorter than they appear on screen but I had pegged Jackson as a relatively tall guy.
IMDB says he is 6'2.5". That is certainly not short... I'd say thats fairly tall.
Samuel L. Jackson - Biography

Old 01-03-2008, 11:22 AM

I SWEAR he did not look anywhere near that tall. Uma was taller. We were all surprised and commented and we didnt have THAT much to drink

Old 01-04-2008, 11:32 AM

197 posts, read 560,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I was suprised when I learned DeVitos a vegetarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities