Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
When I was 24 I had a fistfight with Ric Flair at a ballroom near Camp Lejeune.
Who won?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
wow great stories by all and I'm a muscian so I got to meet a lot of famous ones:

Gloria Estefan from Miami Sound Machine in the 80s....great lady & very family orientated

Jermaine Stewart who was openly gay & hit on me!

INXS & Michael Hutchence who shook my hand at a concert....probably the saddest encounter I ever had when he committed suicide

Flock of Seagulls

Taffy (I love my radio) from Italy

KC & the Sunshine Band

Information Society

the Bee Gees

Sheena Easton

Expose

too many to list!

Old 09-27-2008, 09:48 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,300 times
There have been so many encounters. Another one I remembered the other day was Darryl Hannah. Not sure of the year but it was circa '91. It was the same year and the same time they were holding the Clarence Thomas "pubic hair on a coke can" hearings . Our Lecturer, reckoned...even told us that she was going to be interviewing Anita Hill...... A few others and I were not convinced.

I attended the same creative writing UCLA extension class at the Design Centre(I think) in Santa Monica. We all had to introduce ourselves on the first day and she said; ”Hi I'm Hannah and one of the reasons I signed up is because I can't even write a post card". I sat behind her and didn’t realise she was Darryl Hannah until the next class. She had a baseball hat on backwards and very baggy sweat shirt.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:26 PM

230 posts, read 675,970 times
Remembered another one... I was a checker at Safeway in Tahoe City CA, and I checked out Peter Graves a few times, his biggest purchase was a substantial bottle of DeWars. He has the loveliest thick white hair!

And although I was tempted, I did not ask him if he liked gladiator movies.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:25 PM

248 posts, read 798,167 times
awesome! dont know whether to believe some or not but it sure is good reading!

my meager little list.....

when i was 23 i worked in JCrew in downtown philly. bruce willis came to my register and bought like 12 pairs of boxers shorts. he didnt talk, but that is ok - i kept a copy of his CC receipt with his signature. he was in town filming 12 monkeys and apparently forget to pack extra undies!

when i was training to be a flight attendant my instructor was madonna's cousin. they actually looked alike.

while flying i waited on several famous people. james vanderbeek, katie holmes, william devane, and Destinys Child. i also served a sprite to bobby taylor (eagles foot ball - or WAS at the time)

my fil bought a house in jupiter hills and bobby orr lives right down the street from him - really nice man. Bob Greese also lives there. i had a nice chat with him and his wife when they were out walking their dog.

oh and REALLY far removed... my husband dated a girl who dated a boy who dated mia servino LMAO!

that's it - i am totally lame in the celebrity department.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:15 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaby View Post
awesome! dont know whether to believe some or not but it sure is good reading!

oh and REALLY far removed... my husband dated a girl who dated a boy who dated mia servino LMAO!

that's it - i am totally lame in the celebrity department.
You aren't so lame...my ex attended Hollywood High with Charlene Tilton and claims he dated her. Hey, I said he "claimed" For those who dont remember, she's Lucy in "Dallas". Looking back he was kind of a catch but he wasn't all that...but how many of us before we got wise turned heads?

Old 09-27-2008, 02:30 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,099,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I used to work a block from the White House during the late 1980s and often, I'd pass Sam Donaldson, the ABC news guy, on the sidewalk right in front of my building. I'd always say hi to him and he'd always say hi back and smile at me. One day, my dad was in Washington visiting me at my office and when we left my building, sure enough, Sam Donaldson was walking in our direction. As usual, he said hi to me and smiled. My dad was completely amazed that I 'knew' Sam Donaldson.

From that same job, I'd often walk home to my apartment in Capital Hill. One day walking right by the white house at about 6:30 pm, I saw a limo with a small motorcade coming. I was the only person on the corner and I looked in and saw Ronald Reagan. I waved right to him and he smiled and waved right back.

On one of my walks home, I walked, as I normally did, up the steps of the Capital building and around the backside. I was exercise walking and listening to my walkman. I saw somebody walking across the grass and this person, I could tell in my peripheral vision, was going to walk right into my path. I decided that I had the right of way since I was on a sidewalk and this person was not. When the person was about 2 feet from me and still not yielding, I looked up and saw it was Ted Kennedy. I stopped. He didn't smile.

I had dinner with the vice president of Sierra Leone, West Africa when I lived in that country. I was dating his nephew (who ended up coming home to America with me, though we later broke up). About 5 years later, he (the vice president) was executed for attempting a coup.

Those are my only claims to fame.
Ms. Birdwoman, you are a constant source of amazement, fascination and delight to me!!! Thanks for making me grin so much, so often! Your girls are so fortunate to have a mom with such a rich history as your complex, roaming life is.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:39 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post

I had dinner with the vice president of Sierra Leone, West Africa when I lived in that country. I was dating his nephew (who ended up coming home to America with me, though we later broke up). About 5 years later, he (the vice president) was executed for attempting a coup.

Those are my only claims to fame.
That reminds me of my little clash with fame.

I was working for a large international law firm as a librarian and one of my favorite partners, we was from Kenya, brought this nice looking young gentleman to my office and requested that I show him how to do online searches (this was back in the early 90's). He sat down next to me and gave me an exotic name, which I had to have him literally spell it out to me as I typed. When our search yielded some hits, his face lit up and pointed to the name and said "that's my father". I was sitting next to the son of the first democratically elected president of Burundi, or that's who he claimed to be ...

In any event, his father was killed in a coup and the Kenyan attorney who brought his son to my office, was never heard from again. We assumed he was also murdered.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,468,357 times
Every morning when I look in the mirror...dayum!!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:06 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,487,887 times
i have met and gotten autographs from "Furio" from the sapranos--Federico castelucci. we grew up in the same neighborhood--about half a block away. but he is older than i am.
Uncle Floyd of NJ fame was a frequent customer of ours when i worked in a bank.
i also met an italian band and was hanging out backstage with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities