U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:59 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,552,224 times

Advertisements

Living here in LA, you get to encounter the stars now-n-then. My partner has lived here for a number of years and has told me some doozies! I know when he's lieing, his eyes involuntarily look left.

- When he first moved here in LA, he was picked up by a very famous 70's movie star that was involved with a very famous actress. Hint.... a river.

- In the late 80's, he not only placed money in his g-string but he recieved a certain proposition from a certain go-go boy of WEHO now a famous movies star from a certain Oscar winning movie. Hint.... he was a HIT.

- He had his *ss groped in a Starbucks in the West Valley by a certain dark-haired actor. Hint....it caused a chain reaction.

My experience (at least he is out and I can say his name), Lance Bass and I had eye contact and made that flirty smile in a furniture store. I saw him in the corner of my eye that he was checking. For a very long time! I'm married, but very flattered that I still have it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 02:02 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
whoa - does anyone get brikag's hints? I am clueless, and at the same time entirely intrigued...

Old 06-06-2007, 02:08 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,652,233 times
Cher's mother, Georgia Holt was one of my neighbors. My former boss' wife was one of Dean Martin's Gold Diggers and had many cameo roles in shows like Baa Baa Black Sheep and Happy Days. She has her own show here in the desert on one of our local channels. Jerry Vale is one of my husband's golf buddies. Oh, and if anyone watched So You Think You Can Dance last season, Benji Schwimmer (the winner) and his cousin Heidi Groskreutz, who were on the show are, are friends of ours - me and my kids train with them at their dance studio. Lacey Schwimmer is on the show this season - she's Benji's younger sister.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:11 PM

I could tell you more, I voluteer at the GLBT center. Occasionally we have male prostitutes come in and a few are legit. Their stories and pictures would put the National Enquirer to shame!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,158,807 times
Brikag--your cryptic hints are tantalizing. WEHO is West Hollywood, right?
River...hmm. Chain? Hmmm.

All I have is helping poor Leslie West (of the band Mountain) after he threw up backstage back in 1970.
Lame, I know.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:07 PM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
I've met lots of celebs through my dad (related to his work), but the ones I've actually KNOWN well include Alicia Silverstone (went to school & ballet classes together for years), and the figure skaters Debi Thomas, Brian Boitano & Kristi Yamaguchi. My siblings and I were ice skaters for a long time, and just happened to skate at the rinks that "bred champions" - the Bay Area was a hot-bed of world class skating during the '80s for some reason. Anyway, I'm not sure if these all count as "relationships", but I did know them pretty well... fyi, I couldn't stand Alicia, but the skaters I named were all great people.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've met lots of celebs through my dad (related to his work), but the ones I've actually KNOWN well include Alicia Silverstone (went to school & ballet classes together for years), and the figure skaters Debi Thomas, Brian Boitano & Kristi Yamaguchi. My siblings and I were ice skaters for a long time, and just happened to skate at the rinks that "bred champions" - the Bay Area was a hot-bed of world class skating during the '80s for some reason. Anyway, I'm not sure if these all count as "relationships", but I did know them pretty well... fyi, I couldn't stand Alicia, but the skaters I named were all great people.
Gizmo! I AM SO JEALOUS! All those skating greats! I've met Debi for a fundraiser and she was wonderful. I never knew she was a doctor. I met Suriya Bonaille (sorry, I slaughtered it) in Charlotte, NC out of all places. She's absolutely wonderful. That's so cool! I love the Olympic Stars than the movie and tv stars. I meet Mark Spitz in HNL! He was very friendly. I touched his gold medal. Now that was cool!

Old 06-06-2007, 03:22 PM

823 posts, read 3,309,379 times
Jimi Hendrix once did a private concert for my wife. We met Richie Havens at a gas station and had a long conversation with him.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:30 PM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Gizmo! I AM SO JEALOUS! All those skating greats! I've met Debi for a fundraiser and she was wonderful. I never knew she was a doctor. I met Suriya Bonaille (sorry, I slaughtered it) in Charlotte, NC out of all places. She's absolutely wonderful. That's so cool! I love the Olympic Stars than the movie and tv stars. I meet Mark Spitz in HNL! He was very friendly. I touched his gold medal. Now that was cool!
Mark Spitz was actually the nephew of my Rabbi and his wife (both of whom passed away last year )... she reminded us of this FREQUENTLY, especially when he was actively competing. And yes, it was very cool to know all those great skaters, and Debi is a total sweetheart. She was never really into skating, though, and would quit about once a month - she'd storm off the ice, throw her skates in the trash & threaten never to come back. But her coach always talked her into returning, and I'm glad she did, because she's a legend in the sport. But once that Olympic medal was won, she finally quit and went to medical school... I think she practices in/near Chicago now, and is divorced with an adorable son. My sister saw her recently at a show, and was happy that she remembered us well. I have a few pictures of her somewhere, one holding my little brother, so I'll share with you if I can find them.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:38 PM

OMG, Gizmo. That would be great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or