U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-30-2008, 04:30 PM

9,758 posts, read 13,824,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vukinjo View Post
Yes, it definitely is not where I would expect to see him either! And to make it even funnier...after they left, we heard the valet shout "Marilyn Manson drives a volvo!"
Just goes to show what an act most celebrities put on. I bet everyone thought he should drive a hearse or something.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 04:31 PM

1,634 posts, read 4,299,434 times
Met Jack LaLanne a few years ago. He lives in Morro Bay, CA. I had seen him around town quite a bit for years, but never met him. A few years ago I sat next to him in a restaurant. He walked in dressed like a rock star, wearing leopard print sunglasses at night (he was like 90). He was cool, you could tell he liked the attention, was loud, wanted everyone to know he was there. Pulled out a wad of cash to pay his bill. Seriously it was all 100's. Like he had 5 grand in his pocket at least. No reason why he needed to be carrying that much money. It was for show ( I hate to say that, he an icon). Had about a 15 minute coversation with him and his wife, told me to start working out, and he slapped my butt as I left.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:49 PM

352 posts, read 320,932 times
I have met people that know Jack LaLane . They said he hangs out at Dorn's in Morro Bay alot . He and his wife look like such nice people ... and I"m this close to buying his power juicer too !

Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM

7,728 posts, read 8,903,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Cedric Gibbons, Minta Durfee and Keene Curtis were my cousins.

Who are these again?
Minta Durfee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cedric Gibbons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Keene Curtis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-30-2008, 11:32 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,512,553 times
wow, that's a lot of celebrity encounters. Thanks for sharing. Tempest Bledsoe has no reason to be snotty..well no one does for that matter. They are all just people, afterall. But good to know some aren't like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolp View Post
No real relationships, but:
My husband worked in the east village in NYC for 25 years as a parking garage manager. He met many celebrities and got some autographs from:
Rod Stewart - very nice, friendly guy, he was a customer for quite awhile.
Tempest Bledsoe, from the Cosby Show, when she attended NYU - very snooty, the employees didn't care for her.
Liz Rosenberg, Madonna's publicist, who had her autograph a picture for me when she was here filming the video for "Papa Don't Preach." I was a huge Madonna fan then. Through Liz, we were able to attend 2 Madonna concerts & see her on Broadway, 4th row, in "Speed the Plow." The 1st concert was a 1988 Aids benefit at the garden, where we were surrounded by celebs - 2 rows above us, sitting together, were Diane Keaton, Penny Marshall and Carol Kane; Sean Penn was sitting a couple of rows below us & security ended up taking him out of there, I think having to do with drugs. My husband bumped into him in the bathroom and Sean offered him some coke! (No, he didn't accept it).
Alan Alda was one of my husband's favorite customers - he came by to arrange parking for his daughter, who was attending NYU. Very friendly, down-to-earth man.
Liza Minnelli came in once smelling of bug spray & tipped 50 cents! Amazingly, none of the celebs would tip at all.
As for myself, my friend & I saw Grease on Broadway many times in the 1970's, and we used to wait for Jeff Conaway to exit and we'd follow him to his car every time. We once walked up to Ben Vereen and John Rubinstein after seeing Pippen, and asked for autographs. Ben was on his bike while signing, and my friend said, "I feel like such a little kid doing this," to which he replied, "Well you sure don't look like one!"
I have been seeing a physician for many, many years whose office is in the building on 5th ave where Jackie Kennedy lived. Once, when my husband & I walked out of there, we almost bumped into Jackie - I was so startled, I looked down, but my husband said "Hello," and she apologized and said, "Hello" back.
There are some more, but these are what come to mind.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:32 PM

10,483 posts, read 9,680,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
My cousin is Paul Azinger (the golfer).
My sister dated Billy Idol.
Ted Nugent spit water all over me at a concert.
Haha! That's too funny! The guitar player from Collective Soul threw me his guitar pic at summerfest...David Hasselhoff was on my flight from LA to Milwaukee. On another flight from LA to Milwaukee, I thought the guy sitting right next to me was Eddie Vedder...I sat petrified the whole time thinking holy crap, Eddie Vedder is sitting next to me! Just as we were landing, I looked at him again, it wasn't him, dangit! But I did chat w/the guy while we were landing, he was hot! I think Tori Spelling was in the Dragonfly club in Hollywood as I was leaving. One of the Bucks players had his fiancee bring his 2 puppies to the vet I worked at. That's it...man my life is boring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities