U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM

2,106 posts, read 1,610,344 times

Advertisements

Why did he wait so long to disclose?? Maybe he thought it would effect his fan base, and now his former fan base is older--so he really doesn't have a fan base--so he is aiming for a new crowd???? He is still handsome---why are most of the attractive men gay--UGH!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 PM

15,292 posts, read 11,966,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Why did he wait so long to disclose?? Maybe he thought it would effect his fan base, and now his former fan base is older--so he really doesn't have a fan base--so he is aiming for a new crowd???? He is still handsome---why are most of the attractive men gay--UGH!!!!!!!!!!
Just to ruin your day toots .

Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 PM

8,182 posts, read 11,504,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'm not sure why its anyone's business, nor do I understand why Barbara Walters even asked him in the first place. Other than America's ignorant thinking pattern, that no one has a right to their privacy. I distinctly remember at the time he was being asked or rumors began some 10 to 11 years ago. His response was "The day I am expected to divulge details on my private life to be in this business, is the day I get out of this Business". Maybe now he feels like So what, the Hell with them all. If my career is in the toilet after this, They can all bugger off. I don't think his career will be hurt at all.

Let him or anyone be who they are and get on with other things. The media in this country is pathetic. I would hate to depend on them for factual and useful coverage of events in a time of great need.
Yes because we all know that EVERY SINGLE American thinks the EXACT same way.
What in ignorant statement....nothing is further from the truth.

The jist of every single reply, just in case you didn't get it, is that this was no secret...HE's the one that made it a public spectacle...and NOBODY cares.

Go take your "cool" American distaste somewhere else. Because everybody knows it's the "in thing" to look down on Americans. Get original.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM

11,661 posts, read 9,947,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
And there are any number who are married with children, who will go to their graves, and have gone to their graves, worrying about losing their fan base.

If only we knew of the extent of it........................................

Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 PM

565 posts, read 786,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'm not sure why its anyone's business, nor do I understand why Barbara Walters even asked him in the first place. Other than America's ignorant thinking pattern, that no one has a right to their privacy. I distinctly remember at the time he was being asked or rumors began some 10 to 11 years ago. His response was "The day I am expected to divulge details on my private life to be in this business, is the day I get out of this Business". Maybe now he feels like So what, the Hell with them all. If my career is in the toilet after this, They can all bugger off. I don't think his career will be hurt at all.

Let him or anyone be who they are and get on with other things. The media in this country is pathetic. I would hate to depend on them for factual and useful coverage of events in a time of great need.

I agree with what you said. It is not anyone's business what he does in his private life. Why is this such big news? So what Ricky Martin is gay not the end of the world. There are a ton of gay celebrities and plenty more non gay celebs in real life. I don't see why people like the media and perez hilton have to out people. Can you actually report on something newsworthy for once instead of celeb gossip.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 PM

565 posts, read 786,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Yes because we all know that EVERY SINGLE American thinks the EXACT same way.
What in ignorant statement....nothing is further from the truth.

The jist of every single reply, just in case you didn't get it, is that this was no secret...HE's the one that made it a public spectacle...and NOBODY cares.

Go take your "cool" American distaste somewhere else. Because everybody knows it's the "in thing" to look down on Americans. Get original.
Obviously you care about this or you wouldn't be responding. I don't see where he made a big spectacle out of himself. He was just doing his music, he had no big controversies. So what if he didn't come out right way or he dodged those questions about him being gay, no biggie. He didn't have to come out at all or tell the media anything. Lots of people never come out or they keep it a secret for years until their finally ready. It is none of our business what his sexual orientation is.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:19 AM

4,424 posts, read 2,100,014 times
lol

Old 03-31-2010, 04:29 AM

1 posts, read 959 times
Everybody have already known that, Martin.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:23 AM

8,182 posts, read 11,504,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
Obviously you care about this or you wouldn't be responding. I don't see where he made a big spectacle out of himself. He was just doing his music, he had no big controversies. So what if he didn't come out right way or he dodged those questions about him being gay, no biggie. He didn't have to come out at all or tell the media anything. Lots of people never come out or they keep it a secret for years until their finally ready. It is none of our business what his sexual orientation is.
Ok..let's try this again..and please read the post I was quoting....ready now?

I cared about someone lumping all Americans into the same thought process....and when people do that...it's always in the negative....still with me so far?

And..he didn't need to say it...it was no secret..AND....nobody cared...he's still Ricky Martin.....HE'S the one that made it public....not those simple minded Americans.

So if you're going to quote me...please be correct in what I very plainly said. Don't twist my words to feed your own agenda.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:07 PM

16,005 posts, read 26,111,246 times
If I am not mistaken he just did it as a blog post. No news conference, didn't go on Larry King or Oprah, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities