U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:05 PM
 
10,304 posts, read 7,027,549 times
Reputation: 5666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
A fundamentalist Christian telling me to keep dreaming.


Ahh, the irony.

How so?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,162 posts, read 5,670,836 times
Reputation: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
How so?
C'mon seriously. An invisible man in the sky?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2010, 06:58 PM
 
4,333 posts, read 3,520,608 times
Reputation: 3791
She stripped naked, broke the law and was ticketed... end of story. Next.......
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 05:42 AM
 
10,304 posts, read 7,027,549 times
Reputation: 5666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
C'mon seriously. An invisible man in the sky?
So....what you can't see does not exist? YOU would have to be God yourself to be certain.


But let's not hijack this thread with theology. If you want ot discuss that, let's go to the Religion boards or PM me. Deal???



By the way.............


YouTube - Erykah Badu & Wanda Sykes - Web Exclusive
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
 
20 posts, read 1,785 times
Reputation: 10
Album sales will skyrocket now
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 03:03 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,162 posts, read 5,670,836 times
Reputation: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
So....what you can't see does not exist?
Never said that. You can't see air, but you can prove it exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
YOU would have to be God yourself to be certain.
I'm not going to waste my time showing you why that is silly ridiculous reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
But let's not hijack this thread with theology. If you want ot discuss that, let's go to the Religion boards or PM me. Deal???
I do believe it was you who opened that can of worms, not me.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2010, 07:52 PM
 
10,304 posts, read 7,027,549 times
Reputation: 5666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Never said that. You can't see air, but you can prove it exists.

I'm not going to waste my time showing you why that is silly ridiculous reasoning.


I do believe it was you who opened that can of worms, not me.

Typical evasive manuver. You can't prove that God does not exist. Thus my argument is silly. So you won't bother because you're too smart for this dumb Christian. To definitively know that there is no God, you would have to have knowlege of all things you can see and not see. You can't even tell me how much money i have in my pocket right now....or if I have any at all. So on the outside chance that there is a God waiting on you when you die .......not a very pleasant surprise!!

The cosmological argument could be stated as follows:
  1. Every finite and contingent being has a cause.
  2. Nothing finite and contingent can cause itself.
  3. A causal chain cannot be of infinite length.
  4. Therefore, a First Cause (or something that is not an effect) must exist.
According to the argument, the existence of the Universe requires an explanation, and the creation of the Universe by a First Cause, generally assumed to be God, is that explanation.

I merely used an example that most people say they don't like when they are out minding their own business. YOU are the one stretching this out. Now...I'd be happy to dialogue privately if you wish or on the religion board..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2010, 06:42 AM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,162 posts, read 5,670,836 times
Reputation: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Typical evasive manuver. You can't prove that God does not exist. Thus my argument is silly. So you won't bother because you're too smart for this dumb Christian. To definitively know that there is no God, you would have to have knowlege of all things you can see and not see. You can't even tell me how much money i have in my pocket right now....or if I have any at all. So on the outside chance that there is a God waiting on you when you die .......not a very pleasant surprise!!


The cosmological argument could be stated as follows:
  1. Every finite and contingent being has a cause.
  2. Nothing finite and contingent can cause itself.
  3. A causal chain cannot be of infinite length.
  4. Therefore, a First Cause (or something that is not an effect) must exist.
According to the argument, the existence of the Universe requires an explanation, and the creation of the Universe by a First Cause, generally assumed to be God, is that explanation.

I merely used an example that most people say they don't like when they are out minding their own business. YOU are the one stretching this out. Now...I'd be happy to dialogue privately if you wish or on the religion board..
Your argument starts with false premises (ie. that there is a god and that she is infinite) that can't be proven. Therefore, your argument has a faulty basis.

Your reasoning isn't consistent. If the first cause argument doesn't apply to your god, it doesn't apply to the universe. That's a double standard and a classic cop-out. Just admit that there is no evidence to back up your beliefs, take it like a man/woman, and move on.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2010, 03:42 PM
 
4,333 posts, read 3,520,608 times
Reputation: 3791
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Typical evasive manuver. You can't prove that God does not exist. Thus my argument is silly. So you won't bother because you're too smart for this dumb Christian. To definitively know that there is no God, you would have to have knowlege of all things you can see and not see. You can't even tell me how much money i have in my pocket right now....or if I have any at all. So on the outside chance that there is a God waiting on you when you die .......not a very pleasant surprise!!

The cosmological argument could be stated as follows:
  1. Every finite and contingent being has a cause.
  2. Nothing finite and contingent can cause itself.
  3. A causal chain cannot be of infinite length.
  4. Therefore, a First Cause (or something that is not an effect) must exist.
According to the argument, the existence of the Universe requires an explanation, and the creation of the Universe by a First Cause, generally assumed to be God, is that explanation.

I merely used an example that most people say they don't like when they are out minding their own business. YOU are the one stretching this out. Now...I'd be happy to dialogue privately if you wish or on the religion board..
What the heck does this have to do with a chick showing off her boobies.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
 
10,304 posts, read 7,027,549 times
Reputation: 5666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Your argument starts with false premises (ie. that there is a god and that she is infinite) that can't be proven. Therefore, your argument has a faulty basis.

Your reasoning isn't consistent. If the first cause argument doesn't apply to your god, it doesn't apply to the universe. That's a double standard and a classic cop-out. Just admit that there is no evidence to back up your beliefs, take it like a man/woman, and move on.

I'll let you have the last word on that.....join me on a private message.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top