Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 02:09 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,488,635 times

Advertisements

Those bandanas mustv'e been too damn tight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM

484 posts, read 1,584,095 times
Regardless of everyones personal feelings on Bret Michaels..lets just remember that he has 2 little girls (who I'm pretty sure are both under the age of 10). I can't imagine if I would've lost my father that young.

I'm not a huge Bret fan, but I really pray, for the sake of his family, that he makes a full recovery.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:21 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,065,277 times
Was reading about Bret's situation. The doctors say they can't locate where the bleeding is coming from. Another poster referenced his fall last year, you know it just might have something to do with it. So sad, he has children too. The doctors also say that within 2 months there is a 90% chance of recurring hemorrhages, which is very scary and is probably why they are keeping him. He'll probably be hospitalized for some time now. Luck has been on his side, first the appendectomy and then the brain hemorrhage all found in the nick of time.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:22 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlonde View Post
Regardless of everyones personal feelings on Bret Michaels..lets just remember that he has 2 little girls (who I'm pretty sure are both under the age of 10). I can't imagine if I would've lost my father that young.

I'm not a huge Bret fan, but I really pray, for the sake of his family, that he makes a full recovery.
I was hoping that when he found Ambre on Rock Of Love that he'd grow up for his kids sake. I feel so bad for his girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Was reading about Bret's situation. The doctors say they can't locate where the bleeding is coming from. Another poster referenced his fall last year, you know it just might have something to do with it. So sad, he has children too. The doctors also say that within 2 months there is a 90% chance of recurring hemorrhages, which is very scary and is probably why they are keeping him. He'll probably be hospitalized for some time now. Luck has been on his side, first the appendectomy and then the brain hemorrhage all found in the nick of time.
What I saw was that it's not related to the accident; but more to his life style.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Please post it here if you find the article but don't know how the brain bleeding could have been caused by his lifestyle, some type of event and or fall I think is more likely to be the case of what contributed to his current situation. True he is a Rock star but doubt that he partook in the typical behavior we expect of a Rock star as he is a diabetic so having too much cake in his lifestyle really is just dangerous, so I'm sure he rocked hard but in moderation.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Please post it here if you find the article but don't know how the brain bleeding could have been caused by his lifestyle, some type of event and or fall I think is more likely to be the case of what contributed to his current situation. True he is a Rock star but doubt that he partook in the typical behavior we expect of a Rock star as he is a diabetic so having too much cake in his lifestyle really is just dangerous, so I'm sure he rocked hard but in moderation.
A doctor on LKL last night said that a fall or injury to anyone a year ago could not cause this. But that drug use,drinking and or smoking from years ago could contribute or cause.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 PM

Oh, ok that makes sense. Too bad. Hope they can find the source of the bleeding.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:33 AM

Bret Michaels' Music Video: Raine - his little girl is in it.

Bret Update 4/27/10 8:05pm link - Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels condition a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures.

~Snip- Bret Michaels was the topic of Larry King Live as Donald Trump, Jr. and other celebrities weigh in on Michaels condition. Due to the severity of his condition, Bret Michaels continues to remain hospitalized in an intensive care unit at an undisclosed hospital. He remains in critical but stable condition according to his doctors. Last night on Larry King Live Bret Michaels condition was the topic on the show as Donald Trump, Jr., Darryl Strawberry, Sanjay Gupta and Carlos Diaz discuss concerns, lasting affects as well Michaels as a person.....

....Dr. Sanjay Gupta is CNN's chief medical correspondent says a subarachnoid hemorrhage is an aneurysm in one of the blood vessels. He stated about 10 percent of people don't survive. He obviously survived that. About another quarter of people don't make it through the first couple of days in the hospital and 30 percent make a full recovery....

...Michaels' medical workup demonstrated findings of a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a type of stroke that causes bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces around the base of the brain. It presents itself suddenly as the sound of a loud gunshot or thunderclap at the back of the head causing severe cranial pain and muscle spasms. Many people are speculating Michaels head injury suffered from a prop striking the singer at the Tony awards last June is the cause. Additional studies are planned throughout the week to hopefully detect the exact cause of the rupture....

....The most common cause of this condition is a spontaneous rupture of a cerebral aneurysm, however, 15 to 20 percent of spontaneous episodes of this hemorrhage are found to have no cause. Michaels has undergone a continuous series of tests while in the ICU including angiograms, CT scans, MRI’s and transcranial dopplers (TCD's). Doctors state Michaels is very lucky as his condition could have been fatal. With further testing and rehabilitation, they are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:

I just looked at a google search, I don't see the link I clicked on yesterday. It went to one of the morning shows I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities