U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
27,997 posts, read 46,379,190 times
Reputation: 19403

Advertisements

LOS ANGELES, May 12 (UPI) -- Dana Plato's 25-year-old son, Tyler Lambert, has fatally shot himself in the head, the late U.S. actress' former mother-in-law told People.com Wednesday.

Plato, who is best known for her work on the classic TV sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes," died of a prescription drug overdose in 1999 and her death was ruled a suicide. She was 34.

Dana Plato's son dead at 25 - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 PM
 
Location: long island ny
4,575 posts, read 3,533,070 times
Reputation: 20681
That's sad. You just never know what goes on in someone's mind. Both tragic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 AM
 
Location: On the East Coast
51,670 posts, read 12,653,304 times
Reputation: 80778
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
That's sad. You just never know what goes on in someone's mind. Both tragic.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 AM
 
Location: square thing with a roof
894 posts, read 950,333 times
Reputation: 773
Wow. I didn't know Dana Plato had died. I remember back in the mid-90's she was arrested in Las Vegas for trying to rob a shop. I think it was a video store if I remember correctly. That was the last time I'd heard anything about her.

Very sad news, indeed. It seems all of those child stars from Different Strokes ended with a life of misery. Todd Bridges (played Willis on the show) robbed a bank at gun point and went to prison for it. Gary Coleman's life didn't turn out much better either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 07:34 AM
 
Location: NJ
9,204 posts, read 20,221,533 times
Reputation: 6297
sad...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
2,707 posts, read 4,653,338 times
Reputation: 2168
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Wow. I didn't know Dana Plato had died. I remember back in the mid-90's she was arrested in Las Vegas for trying to rob a shop. I think it was a video store if I remember correctly. That was the last time I'd heard anything about her.

Very sad news, indeed. It seems all of those child stars from Different Strokes ended with a life of misery. Todd Bridges (played Willis on the show) robbed a bank at gun point and went to prison for it. Gary Coleman's life didn't turn out much better either.

Actually Todd Bridges has a spot on True TVs "dumbest" episodes. Good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Florida
1,439 posts, read 2,404,910 times
Reputation: 2160
Incredibly sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 AM
 
2,759 posts, read 3,313,214 times
Reputation: 3077
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
LOS ANGELES, May 12 (UPI) -- Dana Plato's 25-year-old son, Tyler Lambert, has fatally shot himself in the head, the late U.S. actress' former mother-in-law told People.com Wednesday.

Plato, who is best known for her work on the classic TV sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes," died of a prescription drug overdose in 1999 and her death was ruled a suicide. She was 34.

Dana Plato's son dead at 25 - UPI.com
For goodness sake, this has gotten WAY out of hand.
Models committing suicide, now THIS guy.
What's going on? Very sorry that folks hurt so darned much, that they could see no other way out ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,457 posts, read 12,355,017 times
Reputation: 4758
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Wow. I didn't know Dana Plato had died. I remember back in the mid-90's she was arrested in Las Vegas for trying to rob a shop. I think it was a video store if I remember correctly. That was the last time I'd heard anything about her.

Very sad news, indeed. It seems all of those child stars from Different Strokes ended with a life of misery. Todd Bridges (played Willis on the show) robbed a bank at gun point and went to prison for it. Gary Coleman's life didn't turn out much better either.
Bridges has been clean and sober for a long time now, and just wrote a book. Coleman on the other hand seems like he is probably crazy; lots of issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2010, 02:49 PM
 
Location: NJ
9,204 posts, read 20,221,533 times
Reputation: 6297
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Coleman on the other hand seems like he is probably crazy; lots of issues.
I think he said he was bipolar on one of the celebrity shows (Extra)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top