U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:04 PM

2,506 posts, read 4,891,422 times

Advertisements

LMAO @ this thread. Who in da hell cares??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 05:18 PM

10,652 posts, read 11,347,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I doubt there would be the same outrage if this outfit was worn by Anna Kournikova or Maria Sharapova.
can we for once stop with planting the race card seeds????

What she's wearing is nasty! Her shoulder straps even had to be pulled up during the match.

And those two would never wear that on the tennis court anyway. they have more class.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
It would still be a totally inappropriate outfit for the tennis court, no matter who was wearing it.

Exactly...

Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM

13 posts, read 35,088 times
lmaoooooooooooo @ all the white people gettin mad its funny seeing all the racists ignornat white folks callin serena williams and venus monkeys and all kinds of racist names

Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post

Obviously YOU do! You took the time to come in and post....you could have kept moving on.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post

thank you lol white folks always get outraged when black women show their sexuality

Old 05-24-2010, 05:33 PM

24,469 posts, read 28,737,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOARADIO View Post
thank you lol white folks always get outraged when black women show their sexuality
the tennis court is not the place for ANYONE to show sexuality.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
There we go again! White folks??? Stop with the race card.

I'm black from waaaay back! I'm pissed for a different reason. We don't have enuff positive images for young black people today.....pride in how we carried ourselves use to be part of our communities. We act like it's a cuss word now! How we spoke....how he dressed......it mattered! We all felt a "sense" of being responsible for the next generation coming! A sense that they will be looking at how we do business! Not just that we make it. But HOW we do it.

But now, no one seems to give a flip. And no one wants the responsibility of being a role model. I'm tired of envelopes being pushed. It's been done to death. This is just another example.

And before you play the "parent card", we had parents back then too. But there was shared sense of protecting the image of the black man and woman in the public arena. That's gone now. We have become so selfish and materialistic.

Little black girls who aspire to play the game look to the Williams sisters. They are the only dominant ones in the game. They need to carry themselves better. We got Serena threatening a 4 foot 3 line judge with shoving a ball down her throat?? Now Venus is wearing underwear on the court??

(Shakes head....)

Let the "THEY ARE NOT ROLE MODELS AND CAN DO WHAT THEY PLEASE" comments begin.

Last edited by citizenkane2; 05-24-2010 at 05:52 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 05:40 PM

2,506 posts, read 4,891,422 times
Quote:
THANK YOU! & citizenkane, I do not care I just wonder why everyone else does. Chill or go change the world yourself.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
the tennis court is not the place for ANYONE to show sexuality.
i agree but like i said before it seems like white people in particular be going hard on venus nad her sister for no reason

go through some blogs or that time serena did that photoshot and read some of the racist comments folks are always making about her and her sister just because there two darkskin afriacan american females WHO ACTUALLY LOOK BLACK

but yea i do agree with you but im just tired of folk gettin on this ggir land her sister for bs reasons lol and it s funny hhow folks bring up race but everytme i read about venus or serena online its always some whiteman or women comparing htem to gorillas , chimpanezees ,monkeys etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities