Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell2525 View Post
How can I develop my own app for the Android phone?
Step one would be learn how to code in Java and/or Python.
Step two...let me Google that for you >> How to Write Google Android Apps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,671,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
Step one would be learn how to code in Java and/or Python.
Step two...let me Google that for you >> How to Write Google Android Apps
Do you think I can get some income from developing my own Android Apps?

Thanks

Old 03-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell2525 View Post
Do you think I can get some income from developing my own Android Apps?

Thanks
Depends how well you code and your ability to write an application that attracts users.

Look at some of the more successful apps out there (IMO) ADW EX, Pandora, Urban Spoon, Better Alarm Clock, Lightning Bug, etc. If you have the resources to recreate something new or unique like those apps did, then yes.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:42 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,191,080 times
Android app store is now available on amazon, they have one free paid app per day.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
Android app store is now available on amazon, they have one free paid app per day.
Link here if anyone is interested. I downloaded the Amazon marketplace to check it out, but I won't be using it. I don't see any value in having a 3rd party marketplace and unless they manage to get exclusive releases then I won't be back.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:39 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,010 times
Just downloaded Wordfeud, and now have two games going. Love it!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
Link here if anyone is interested. I downloaded the Amazon marketplace to check it out, but I won't be using it. I don't see any value in having a 3rd party marketplace and unless they manage to get exclusive releases then I won't be back.
I think it's worth checking every day just to see if they have a free paid app I want.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:01 PM

I've just started using the free version of this app and I like it a lot. I have notes everywhere, and now I have them in my phone, too.

Extensive Notes - Notepad - Android app on AppBrain

Old 03-30-2011, 01:36 PM

I started another thread asking for help with Vlingo and now that I'm learning how it works I decided to add it to this one because it is an awesome app!! I've been practicing and it will do a lot just with you speaking to it. The key is first telling it what program you want it to use, then telling it what you want that program to do.

Voice to Text Applications Powered by Intelligent Voice Recognition | Vlingo

Old 03-30-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I started another thread asking for help with Vlingo and now that I'm learning how it works I decided to add it to this one because it is an awesome app!! I've been practicing and it will do a lot just with you speaking to it. The key is first telling it what program you want it to use, then telling it what you want that program to do.

Voice to Text Applications Powered by Intelligent Voice Recognition | Vlingo
I used Vlingo for awhile, but since Google upgraded their voice search feature I uninstalled it. I'm running Android 2.2 (Fresh ROM) on my Evo, so I'm not sure if the upgraded voice search is integrated in lower builds. Works the same way as Vlingo except feels cleaner to me due to no 3rd party interface. Mostly I used the "text" command and "navigate to" command. You just hold the search button for 3 seconds to initiate a voice command.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones