Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 01:12 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times

Advertisements

well I did what I said I wasn't going to do. Upgrade from the EVO to the EVO 3D. So far had it about 2 hours and it's very fast. The EVO is awesome but HTC made a lot of subtle and not so subtle improvements. The 3D is kinda overstated. The speed is also killer as well as having a larger internal memory (4GB). The camera has improved too. 3D is nice but I concur with all the reviews, the viewing angle is important (if you look at it the wrong way it looks fuzzy). It's still pretty fun and compelling.

Sprint made it almost a no brainer, $199 with an upgrade PLUS I got $150 off for trading in my EVO, so the next is $50! yes you do have to re-up your contract for two more years. However I am staying with sprint as far as my phone goes and so far very happy (and giddy).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:27 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
well I did what I said I wasn't going to do. Upgrade from the EVO to the EVO 3D. So far had it about 2 hours and it's very fast. The EVO is awesome but HTC made a lot of subtle and not so subtle improvements. The 3D is kinda overstated. The speed is also killer as well as having a larger internal memory (4GB). The camera has improved too. 3D is nice but I concur with all the reviews, the viewing angle is important (if you look at it the wrong way it looks fuzzy). It's still pretty fun and compelling.

Sprint made it almost a no brainer, $199 with an upgrade PLUS I got $150 off for trading in my EVO, so the next is $50! yes you do have to re-up your contract for two more years. However I am staying with sprint as far as my phone goes and so far very happy (and giddy).
I would do it right now, but I am not qualified for upgrade yet.
4/1/12 is the date, 22 months from 6/4/10.

How did you qualify for the upgrade, when the EVO has only been out for 13 months? Did you pay list for the EVO last year?

Just curious. Make me think I can get the 3D already, and I just may be off to Sprint in the morning...

Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I would do it right now, but I am not qualified for upgrade yet.
4/1/12 is the date, 22 months from 6/4/10.

How did you qualify for the upgrade, when the EVO has only been out for 13 months? Did you pay list for the EVO last year?

Just curious. Make me think I can get the 3D already, and I just may be off to Sprint in the morning...
Good question. I wanted to buy the EVO last year when it first came out however it was sold out for almost two months. I bought it off a friend who switched to an I phone. So glad I did, I didn't renew my contract. I was actually 3 months away from being upgrade eligible for the 3d but they allowed me to switch with another phone on my plan which wad eligible. The Sprint person said that if you call in they might make an exception for the primary account holder line (in the name of keeping customers happy) . I would give it a shot !

Old 06-27-2011, 09:35 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Good question. I wanted to buy the EVO last year when it first came out however it was sold out for almost two months. I bought it off a friend who switched to an I phone. So glad I did, I didn't renew my contract. I was actually 3 months away from being upgrade eligible for the 3d but they allowed me to switch with another phone on my plan which wad eligible. The Sprint person said that if you call in they might make an exception for the primary account holder line (in the name of keeping customers happy) . I would give it a shot !
I ain't afraid to call...

If I wait until 4/12, then I will be wanting the NEXT great phone and reading all about it on engadget, etc, and will end up waiting a few more months.
It is a vicious, vicious cycle!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Sprint Premium Gold members can upgrade every year.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Sprint Premium Gold members can upgrade every year.
I heard they didn't do that anymore. I want a EVO 3D

Old 06-28-2011, 12:07 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I heard they didn't do that anymore. I want a EVO 3D
They still do for Sprint Premier Gold members. They stopped early upgrades for Sprint Premier Silver members.

Details here: Sprint | Premier

Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,936 times
Sprint Premier Gold here and I also upgraded to the EVO 3D.

The 3D feature is kind of cool to show off but that's about it. Everything else is awesome, though. This phone is FAST.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Sprint Premier Gold here and I also upgraded to the EVO 3D.

The 3D feature is kind of cool to show off but that's about it. Everything else is awesome, though. This phone is FAST.
Yup, I am warming up to 3d though, it's pretty compelling

I especially like the outdoor 3d shots they are great. It's all new so I expect this to get better. I'm actually looking to see if there are 3d monitors out there (as viewing these 3d media on anything but the phone and say an Nintendo 3ds is kinda limited).

I can't find anything wrong with the phone and I really have been trying, battery life is much better, the default task manager is awesome, and speed IS the killer feature.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:16 AM

if you have a 3D there is a great youtube video called "Cutting through 3D". A great demo of a 3D clip. The saw *really* does look like it's coming out of the phone (a couple of times I flinched )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones